What will be the first thing you do in game?

F

frostydf2

What is the first thing that you are going to do when you start to play Hero's Journey? Please no answers like 'move my interface around'. I want game-making decisions, not technical ones.

For me, it will be hitting the quest, and trying to find the perfect build for my character so I can not only be a viable asset in PvE, but dominate in PvP as well.

Originally posted by Eve@Jun 21 2006, 11:19 PM
Hmm... I assume you mean after creating your character? :lol: Maybe the next day after release.
Heh, same here. I'll prolly be doing that for hours before even logging in.

Then, like I usually do, I'll go sightseeing and take screenies. :smiley:

I'll use my standard MMORPG approach: wander around and start killing random things until I find something that can kill ME. =P

I will prove that Burians CAN be wizards AND be aligned with gear AND kick everyone else's arse. Though that won't happen till roughly four years after the game's been released. As I'll be creating hundreds of thousands of characters in that four-year period and never play once.

hmm.. after playing extensively with the character creation options i'd see what emotes there are, check out how the character moves, scenery, explore the terrain...yeah screenies. Slowly pick up quest, check out lore, and tour the town I was in...

Originally posted by Riceman@Jun 22 2006, 12:09 AM
I'll use my standard MMORPG approach: wander around and start killing random things until I find something that can kill ME. =P
Haha that's usually what I end up doing too on games where you don't lose EXP. However, in Lineage 2 that was a big no-no. Daart I love your response too. I've seem to have done that multiple times. I think I made an awsome character until I reach a bit farther in the game, and I've known I messed up.

Normally I set lvl goals and play for as long as It takes to get there, then see how much further I can go. This time I hope I can log on with some freinds and do some more casual grouping.

do my best to get to some city really really really far away from the main starting point and wait for a week or two for someone to finally be able to get out there to 'discover' me.

Originally posted by Morneblade@Jun 22 2006, 01:48 AM
Normally I set lvl goals and play for as long as It takes to get there, then see how much further I can go. This time I hope I can log on with some freinds and do some more casual grouping.
I would say count me in, but I'd probably start hoarding the Wyr behind your back so I could sell it at the Auction House! Just giving you a nudge there Mourne.

Figure out the fastest way to levle and start doing that, I like to be on top before I take a break.

Well, after quickly making throwaway characters to reserve the two or three names I'll use (so I can play in the character creation for days without having to worry about my name getting taken) and then after I get a character created I'll choose one and log in. When I get in I'll look around then run straight for the most interesting thing I see. Then I'll wander around a bit (probably in the city) and window-shop. After that I'll run off into the woods and only be seen again days later when I manage to get un-lost. XD

My first thing will be key mapping and change of the entire interface as I see fit.(as much as I can with no addons made yet).After that I will make like 5 char and start playing like killing some monsters to see the difference between races,skills... Than I will pick one and start playing.Explore the terrain where I just start,pick some quests and look how hard is to find what I need to do in quests.I hope we wont have to wonder around where the heck this or that thing is or what we actually need to do in quests.

Back