What would your dream library look like?

Azhria Lilu

Captain
For me, I visualise an old fashioned room with lots and lots of wooden shelves and a comfy armchair. A desk - old fashioned style with an ink well and possibly leather insets, and a thick carpet to muffle any noise. I'd like low-lighting and high ceilings with maybe a couple of windows, with curtains so I can block out the light should I wish to. . . and of course books . . . of all shapes, sizes, colours and ages filling the shelves and piling around the floor.

To be honest, I'd like the stain to be a little darker. Nice stone fireplace, beautiful wool rug, etc. Nice big comfortable classy couch.

Reddit's /r/bookshelf and /r/books are wonderful to sub to. They're definitely giving me ideas on how I could expand my house. Though I suppose a fireplace would be overkill - I barely use the one I have now.

Once I am able to buy me my own place, I want to get a 4 bedroom home. For one, they tend to sell better than smaller homes. For the other, I want one room to always be a library / office. The walls will be nothing but bookshelves too :smiley:

I already have a HUGE collection of books. I have a bunch of Anne Rice books, Tom Clancy books ( :( for Tom's passing ), more cycling books than I knew existed haha, weather-related books and a felgercarb load of computer/programming books.

Back