What's Love Gotta to do with it?

Awe!

I knew Brian and Carolyn had something...
Just knew it!

And Syd and Vaughn
*big pile of mush*

Thanks for the PM
Cant wait for more!
*_Ash

hey babe!

i just read ur hole story and babe.... i love u!
IT ROX!

Dlyan seems soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!

and i love the sydney and vaughn-ness!

can u PM me when u update... if u don't mind!
thannx in advance!

anyway update soon please!

luv yas!

hearts hugs kisses and love!

JESSA!
xoxox!

PS Syd and Vaughn 4 eva!

PPS hey ur name is Cj rite? i'm guessing that stands 4 somethin. 1 of my best friends name is CJ which stands 4 Carly-Jane yes that's rite with the -. she h8s it so every1 just calls her CJ.
anyway...
just thought i'd share!

PPPS luv the story!

heart yas

PPS hey ur name is Cj rite? i'm guessing that stands 4 somethin. 1 of my best friends name is CJ which stands 4 Carly-Jane yes that's rite with the -. she h8s it so every1 just calls her CJ.
anyway...
just thought i'd share!

Actually Jessa,

CJ are my initials. My first name is Caroline but my friends call me CJ.

Ps: You've been added to the list. Glad you like the story.

:smiley:

CJ

A/N

Hey guys, it's finally time to say goodbye to WLGTDWI. It's been a pleasure to share this story with you. I hope that you like it as much as I did. I know as a writer, it's never easy to let a story go but I felt like I said everything I wanted to say and writing the last 3 chapters was sad but it was time to bit farewell.

Hope you enjoy and reviews are greatly appreciated.

PS: I'm thinking of posting a Sark/ Rachel story. Any interest in reading that? Let me know.

~ Part 28~

Sydney and Michael entered the nursery and saw Rosemary, the nanny, sitting in a chair and watching Dylan, sitting at a child’s mini table and playing with Michael’s old train set. As soon as Dylan saw them by the door, he started squealing. He stumbled across the room; both hands raised high in the air.

Michael swung him high above him, then brought him down and kissed his cheek. He cuddled Dylan close.

“Missed you lots, big guy.”

“Guy, “Dylan said. The word was almost a sigh, a term of endearment as he reached up to touch Michael’s face.

“Dada.” He said with a slight giggle. Sydney’s lips trembled, her eyes misted up as she took in the precious moment between the two men in her life.

“That’s right, sweetheart. Michael will be your daddy from now on.” She said, leaning closer to the two of them and kissing her son on the cheek before dropping a small kiss on Michael’s lips.

“I love you,” she whispered against his lips.

“And I love you,” he said looking at both of them and smiling.

Michael left the two of them alone for a few minutes as he decided that it was time for a talk with his mother. He’d promised Sydney last night that he would speak to her about the wedding and now, it was time for him to hold up his part of the bargain.

He went back downstairs and entered the library where Amelia was sitting there reading a book.

“Mom, can I talk to you.” His deep voice came from the open doorway.

“Of course.” Amelia said, smiling and patting the sofa beside her.

“What’s the matter, darling?” she asked as Michael sat down.

“It’s about the wedding. I know how much you’re enjoying all the plans, Mother, and I’m glad, but Sydney isn’t used to all this fuss about her. She lives a quieter lifestyle than us and is way too polite to ask you to back off a bit, so I am. I think she really needs for you to ease up on her. Badly. All these plans you are making are stressing her out and it’s not good for her.”

His mother looked slightly guilty. “ I guess I have been pushing things. It’s just that –“

“Shh, there’s no need to apologize, Mother. We understand.”

“I promise to back off from now on.” Amelia said, taking her son’s hand in hers.

“You’re happiness is all that matters to me and if me overbearing Sydney is causing problems, then, I’ll do my best to take it easy on her. Don’t you worry about a thing while you’re gone, we’ll take good care of your bride-to-be.” She added as he kissed her on the cheek.

“Thanks, Mom.”

“Have a safe trip, Darling.”

A few hours later as they were standing at the bottom of the stairwell and saying goodbye for what seems like the ten time in the last hour.

“I got to go, Syd.” He said but his heart was screaming at him to stay with her.

“I know but I don’t want you to go.” She said, holding him tightly around the waist and resting her head on his chest.

“Syd.” He whined.

She lifted her chin and pinned him with a direct look of defiance. “They’re waiting for you.”

“Yes, they are.”

Sydney nodded.

A lazy, seductive grin curved his lips. “Can I get a kiss before I go or are you just going to tease me with that delicious mouth of yours?”

She tried to ignore that jump in her stomach.

“I think we both know the answer to that question, “she replied.

He leaned in closer, his warm breath fanned her neck and his lips brushed the lobe of her ear. His damp tongue multiplied the shivery sensations tenfold, and he added in a rough wicked whisper.

“I think we do.”

Sydney gave herself over to the delightful fell of Vaughn’s questing mouth along her lips. He brought ever nerve ending to life, to the point of dizzying torment.

Hard, masculine contours if his broad chest pushed against her sensitive breasts as he pinned her hips and thighs against the door. He deepened the kiss, voracious and hungry, and she answered, sliding her arms to his neck and holding him tight.

He broke the kiss and kept her close for a few minutes as he looked into her eyes.

“I’ll see you in a few days, I love you, “ he said, separating himself and opening the front door.

“Love you too, ” Sydney echoed.

The guest house

Brian woke up and went to reach over to Carolyn’s side, only to discover that she wasn’t there. Her side of the bed was still warm by her presence only a little while ago and already, he felt the lost of her body next to his.

He slipped on some clothes and made his way to the kitchen. He could smell the wonderful aroma of coffee. He pulled a cup from the cupboard and went to the counter and poured coffee from the pot. That’s when he saw the message addressed to him, taped to the fridge door.

“Brian, had to sneak back to the main house to get some new clothes because, giggles, someone got really eager last night and destroyed half of my clothes. See you later and I love you. Carolyn.”

He smiled. He’d been content to date casually without commitments. Keeping his emotions out of the equation had been easy, but this morning, he realized that it always been a matter of finding the right woman. Now, making promises was all he could think about. His short time with Carolyn made his realized that it was not about great sex and how compatible they were in bed but the was she complemented him so perfectly, in ways that made him while and complete, physically and emotionally. He was more aware than ever, that with each moment that passed, being her temporary lover wasn’t going to do it for him. He wanted…he needed…more than a short-term affair. He suspected that they were meant to be together. He wanted her in his life. Permanently.

He simply loved her.

His focus had shifted in the last twenty-four hours and there was no going back. He wanted to move forward, get her to commit to him long term…like always and forever.

He was sitting at the kitchen table when he heard the front door open and close again.

“Brian.” She called out.

“Kitchen.” He said as he heard her footsteps making their way toward him. She soon appeared and stood against the doorway and smiled at him.

“I see you’ve changed your clothes. Sorry about that.” He said as he got on his feet and took her by the waist and quickly kissed her on the lips.

“Who cares about some stupid clothes, right?” She laughed. “As far as I’m concern, they served their purpose last night.”

“Which was?” He asked with a raised eyebrow.

“To seduce you.” She said, placing her arms around his neck.

He laughed. “You’re unbelievable!”

“I know.” She laughed as he shook his head in complete Aww from this woman.

“I made some coffee.” She said, looking over his shoulder to the coffee pot on the counter.

“Already had a cup. Followed my nose. It was delicious by the way.”

“I didn’t mean to sneak out this morning…but you were asleep and I thought I would be back before you woke up…and…”

“Hey, it’s okay.” He said lifting her chin between his fingers as she looked into his eyes. You are here now. That’s all that matters.”

He wrapped his arms tighter around her waist, lowered his mouth to hers and kissed her with a passion that seemed to grow strength every time he touched her. Her hands came to rest on his chest, and his mouth seduced hers until she finally gave him what he wanted from her- a soft moan escaped her lips and the tension in her limbs replaced with the press of her lush curves against him.

“You’re pretty good at that, Brian.” She said, as they pulled apart.

“Thanks.”

“Lot’s of practice, I bet, “she laughed lightly.

“You’re only as good as the partner you’re with. And for the record, you aren’t too shabby yourself.” He said grinning back at her.

“I think we make a pretty good team. Don’t we?” She said, her face beaming with happiness.

“Won’t hear any complaints from me.” He said, smiling back at her.

“Want to go test that theory again?” She said suggestively as she took off her coat and threw it in his direction. He understood what she meant and a huge smile appeared on his face.

“You’re going to kill me, woman.” He groaned.

“Catch me if you can.” She said as she started running toward the bedroom with Brian closely behind her.

TBC

~ Part 29~

Sydney was avoiding all thoughts of Michael today – or at least she was trying to. He had been gone for a few days now and she was missing him like crazy. They spoke on the phone a few times a day but nothing replaces the way his arms feel when they are wrapped around her. He had said that the adoption process was on its way and the lawyer didn’t except any delays in him adopting Dylan. Only a few more days before the Big Day and she was getting excitedly nauseous again just thinking about it

She tried to stand patiently still for the final fitting of her gown. They still had a lot to do before the wedding and so many hours in the day to do them. So to keep her calm, she flashed back to Michael’s face when she told him that they were going to have a baby. That thought made her smile even more and of course, made her miss him even more right now.

“What are you thinking about?” Amelia asked.

“Michael.” Sydney replied with an even bigger smile than before.

“Stop fidgeting, Sydney. You’re going to be a mass of pinholes or worse that lovely dress will be ruined.” The seamstress warned Sydney.

“Sorry.” She apologized with a smile.

At that’s same moment, Carolyn walked in and exclaimed her definite approval on Sydney’s wedding dress by giving her the two thumbs up.”

“Girl, you look like a princess.” She said smiling at her.

“Yeah. Right now, I don’t feel like one. My back is killing me and don’t get me started on my poor legs right about now.” She whined as Carolyn busted out laughing.

“We can finish another time. She looks like she about to collapse.” Amelia instructed to the seamstress.

“Very well, Madam.” The seamstress gathered her things and followed Amelia to the door and leaving Sydney and Carolyn alone to talk.

“So, how is it going?” Sydney asked as she stepped down from the perch she was standing and sat on a chair near by.

“Good. No. Really good.” Carolyn said beaming from head to toe.

“Brian?” She asked as Carolyn nodded her head vigorously.

“Yeah. Him and I talked and…well, we’re madly in love with each other. Been that way for a long time but we were too stupid to say anything.”

“I’m so happy for you too. You deserve it. Who knows, I might be helping you plan your wedding you pretty soon. Sydney said smiling at Carolyn.

“I would like that very much but it is still too soon for that. We just started dating.”

“If Brian is like his brother, he won’t wait too long to ask you to marry him.” Sydney told her.

“It’s always been my dream to be Mrs. Brian Nicholas Vaughn.” Carolyn said dreamingly.

“And me, Mrs. Michael Christopher Vaughn.” Sydney said as they both busted out giggling like teenagers.

“It’s a good thing the guys are not here to hear us finally admit that we’ve plan to marry them since we were children.”

“Actually, Michael and I were engaged once when we were children.”

“No, really?” She asked surprisingly.

“Uh, huh! And he promised me that one day he would marry me and now look at us, we’re actually getting married for real and starting a family of our own.”

“Syd, are you already pregnant?” Carolyn asked as she lowered her eyes to Sydney’s concealed stomach.

Sydney didn’t say anything; she just nodded her answer.

“That’s great! But wait why all the secrecy? Does Michael know?”

“Yes but we wanted to keep it just between us for a few more days before telling the family.”

“Your secret is safe with me. When the time comes and you tell the rest of the family, I promise, I will look surprise.” She swore as Sydney didn’t seem convinced that she wouldn’t tell Brian.

“I did some acting in high school, you know. I can keep a secret.” She grinned.

“I’m so glad you’re here.” She laughed.

“Me too.” She laughed along with Sydney.

The wedding had been everything they ever dreamed of and more. Amelia finally gave up some of the control about overseeing every detail and Sydney and Vaughn got their wish and got married at sunset in one of the beautiful gardens surrounding the large estate.

Everyone cried, everyone drank a bit too much but most of all, everyone had an amazing time. Vaughn and Brian took turns dancing with their mother while Will showed up in time to give Sydney away and finally met Michael. Since that day, the two have become great friends and golfing buddies a few times a month at a prestigious country club. After the ceremony, Sydney and Vaughn told everyone about the baby and Amelia was the first one to be over joy at the idea of finally having her first grandchild. They went on a brief honeymoon in the Caribbean and later came back home to find out that Dylan’s adoption was complete. Dylan was finally Michael’s son.

7 months later.

Sydney nearly jumped out of her skin when Michael slid his arms around her from behind. It was a good thing she wasn’t holding a large knife at this very moment. She was actually in the kitchen, helping Loretta make some cookies for the children’ fundraiser. She was feeling restless while Michael was out of the town and when she heard that Loretta was going to bake some cookies for the children at the shelter; she joyfully proposed her helping hands in the kitchen. She stretched her back and arched her neck as his lips nuzzled the spot behind her ear he referred to as her sweet spot.

“When did you get back?”

“Mmmm.” I just dropped by to say a quick hello and to do this, “ Michael said, nuzzling her shoulder and sending chills chasing down her spine, his hands cupping the fullness of her belly.

“How’s my girl today?” He asked, a playful smile on his lips.

“Which one of us?” she rubbed her enormous stomach and the little vixen inside kicked at her.

“Both of you.” He whispered against the soft spot on her neck.

Before she could answer, Brian piped up.

“Hey, knock it off, you two. Don’t you remember, that’s how you got her in that shape in the first place?” He said as he leaned in against the kitchen counter and staring at them.

“Yeah. Well, you’re all wearing my wife out. I’m going to make her sit down for a minute to rest and have a glass of orange juice, Vaughn said with a smile.

He looked smug today. Maybe he’d signed a new client. Her husband certainly liked the dealing side of his job and he was damn good at it.

“Wait up. I’ve got to finish taking the cookies out of the oven.” She said, reaching for the oven door handle.

“No. The cookies can wait or better yet, Brian can do that for you. You need a break.”

He all but shoved her toward down the corridor and past the living room.

“You know, Vaughn, I love you, but being married doesn’t mean you can run my life. I was just trying to help. If you think…”

He actually shoved her through the French door to the outside veranda and a very large group of people all yelling “Surprise” cut her off in mid-sentence.

Michael turned to her with a big grin. “You were saying, Syd?”

“What…”

Amelia marched over with an ear-to-ear smile.” You didn’t think we were gonna let you have that baby without throwing you a baby shower, did you?”

Sydney looked around. All her women friends from school were there with their husbands and boyfriends – God how she had missed them. Amelia and Brian, as well as Carolyn, Francie and her son, Danny, were part of the group. Will, Weiss and Josh, were sitting in the law chairs and drinking beer while discussing something or another.

Michael slipped his arms around her waist. “You okay?”

She’d never felt so loved. So surrounded by family. Between this and baby hormones…she’d kill to have her mom and sister see how much her life had changed since she’d met Michael and his family.

“Whose idea was this?” She said.

“Do you think it was a good idea or a bad idea?” Michael asked, looking cautious.

She laughed at his goofy expression. He was always making her laugh. She loved this man and these people. And she was fortunate enough that they loved her in return.

“Definitely a good idea.” She said smiling at him.

He grinned and winked at her. “Then it was definitely mine.”

“Don’t make me take out my whip.” She teased.

“Promise?” That’ll give me something to look forward to for later.” He murmured against her lip before dropping a small kiss on her eagerly waiting mouth.

Ah! That flicker of heat in his eyes that always meant good things for both of them. They were meant to be from the start.

TBC

~ Epilogue~

5 months later:

Michael gazed around at the guests who had assembled for Brian and Carolyn’s wedding. It was a larger group than their own wedding but that was because Brian and Carolyn had wanted it that way. It was also because of Sydney. Now that she had a family again, and she and Carolyn had come to love each other like sisters, Sydney had wanted the entire world to come and celebrate their union.

At that moment, his wife looked up at him and smiled, and his world grew brighter. She started making her way toward him, their two-month-old daughter, Emma Grace, sleeping on her shoulder. He met Sydney half-way and bent to kiss her lips.

“Ah, lucky me, “he said with a grin. “I’ve been trying to get your attention all afternoon, baby.”

She made a face at him and then grinned. “ You most certainly have not, because I haven’t been able to keep my eyes off you. You’re been acting like the perfect host, making sure our friends and family have all that they need, just as the best man’s job is suppose to be.

Brian and Carolyn’s quick ceremony had been very emotional as they exchanged their own vows and Sydney and Vaughn couldn’t help smiling, as they remembered their own wedding not so long ago. After the ceremony, everyone gathered in the garden for the reception.

“Isn’t Dylan and Francie’s little girl, Jemma, a cute couple? Or how about Will and Maggie’s daughter, Madison isn’t she a complete princess, a tiny miniature of her mother? Must be the maternal glow.” Sydney said with a huge smile on her face.

“No doubt. I haven’t noticed, baby,” he said, bending to whisper in her hear.

“Speaking of glowing, you look beautiful, Syd.”

“You are such a flatterer.”

“I am a man deeply in love. With my wife.” He said, feeling a tugging on his pant. “And with my children, “ he said, looking down at Dylan and giving him a wink.

“What do you think? Should we escape all this hoopla and go built a sand castle later today, big guy?”

Dylan’s eyes lit up. “Sand castles, daddy, “he said.

“And beach balls, too. You and me.” Vaughn said smiling at his son.

Dylan beamed back at his father before toddling back to where Michael’s cousin, Pathrick’s two-and-a-half year old twins boys were building roads out of blocks.

“And maybe even later, “he told his wife, “We could see if I can make you glow even more. You practically sparkle when you’re pregnant, Syd. And look at all these children. Aren’t they wonderful?”

She laughed. “You know I can’t resist you when you look at me like that. Maybe, right now, I should be serving canapés or something.”

He shook his head. “Syd, we pay people to do that remember?”

“Well, then I should… I don’t know...be mingling with the guests, making sure they’re all happy.’

“They’re all ecstatic, Syd; especially my mother. What is her current beau’s name again? I can’t keep track.”

Sydney wrinkled her nose at him. “Liar. You know perfectly well that his name is Sloane, and he’s a sweetheart. He’s perfect for your mother.”

“Is someone talking about me?” Amelia called, turning those knowing green eyes on her son.

“We’re always talking about you, Mother, “Vaughn said.

“It’s a beautiful day and we just want to make sure that you’re enjoying it.”

“He’s such a liar, “she said to Sydney. “I know he was trying to sweet-talk his wife. And why wouldn’t I be happy, Michael? My children are both settled into content marriages just as I always wanted them to be, I met a wonderful man in Sloane and I finally have two beautiful grandchildren to spoil.”

“Glad you think so, mother, ” Brian said as he and Carolyn made their way toward them.

Taking Carolyn by the hand, “you and Sydney are the most wonderful woman I could ever dream for my sons and hopefully someday, you’re going to give more grandchildren like this precious one right here.” She said as Sydney gave her a hug and a chance to hold Emma.

“Look at all of this. I couldn’t ask for anything more, “ she added as she kissed Emma’s fluffy little head.

“Absolutely. I remember that a wise woman told us once that love takes time and that if you really open yourself for it, it will come. I, for one, am very glad that I’d listened to her.” Brian said as he kissed his bride on the lips. “Very glad.”

“We did good, didn’t we, Brian?” Vaughn said as he placed an arm around Sydney’s shoulder.

“The best.” Brian said happily as Carolyn gently glanced at him.

“Come on people gather round, it’s time for the family pictures.” The photographer called out to all of them.

She may have not believed in fairy tales growing up but now, looking at her husband and their precious daughter Emma sleeping in his arms, she was certain that fairy tales do come true. As Sydney took her seat beside her husband, she could help smiling about how her life had changed for the better in the past year: She’d married the love of her life, is the mother of two gorgeous children, is finally part of a wonderful family that she adores and they adore her back…what else could she ever ask for?

She finally had her happy ending.

~ Fin~

Pm list:

Sydney_alias_Vaughn
Sydneymicheal
SpyChic16
KaliasGirl
Nicky_Bristow

Jen-Jen
Alias79
Freelancer79
Wiseman
Prediction 47

Blknight
Queen of Hearts
Vaughnshoney
Cookiemonster

EKM324
MH55995
Fire*N*Ice
Atekamel
AliasFan212

Aliasisthebest
BrownEyedGirl
JadeyGirl
Alias_Chick_47
Addicted 2 alias

Sydneyvaughn47
Ams4alias
Cai
Vaughn-a-holic! 439
Secret_agent_angel

Vaughnroxmysox
Bamse
Superduck123
Entropy
Cupcake55

Angel
Berry_kyoote_spy88
SpyGirlAmy
I loveVaughny
Ubielecki

Xxaliasluverxx
Loane
Littleangel
Catpin
K-Mila

Scullymulder1234
Bellasbaby
Invisible
Tubby
Ms.MichaelVaughn

SkyGirl5
Aliasdancer007
Kromrell
Asioagent
Aussie_Chic

Kacl
Krzykty57789
Texasalias2004
Alias_g
Kate_14
Shotput25ash

Carney4ever
Mistyville
Anji Alias
ChrisM

Mnkdance963
Shelley g.
Nancy o
Slightly Crazy

A big Thank you to all my readers. You've all been great! Talk to you soon.

:smiley:

CJ

OMG that was truely AMAZINGLY FANTASTIC!!! :smiley: god i cant believe its over, it was the perfect story so sweet and i am so pleased that Syd did finally get her happy ending!
you are a great writer and could you PM me when you write any more syd and vaughn sotries! thanks :D
thanks for the all the PM and for writing such a great story
:P

I'm so sad it's over, but the ending was perfect, I loved it, they have a beautiful family and they are really happy together.

Awesome story. Thanks for the PMs.

°°NiCkY°°

that was a PERFECT way to end this
i'm sad that it's over, so reading this was bittersweet
this was a really great fic
thanks for the pm
shelley :blush:

That was so cute and fluffy :love: Awwwwww weddings and happy endings :smiley: Got to love them. Great story and I had fun reading :P
Thanks for the pm.

AWWW.... That was great, to bad it is over, but like you said it was a great ending, and an even better story... Can't wait for the next one!! :smiley:

Sydney wrinkled her nose at him. “Liar. You know perfectly well that his name is Sloane, and he’s a sweetheart. He’s perfect for your mother.”

Sloane better be his first name. :D

Both Carolyn and Sydney married the man of their dreams and became a part of a family willing to love them unconditionally.

I also thought it was wonderful of Amelia to open her house to Sydney and Dylan, providing for their every need- including a nursery and a nanny. Amelia's house is like those large estate homes in Europe and England, several generations all live under one roof, becoming an extended family.

This was a wonderful story and when you write another one, either under SD-1 or here, please make sure I'm on one of your PM lists for it.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Back