what's ppls problem with being GOTHIC

obsessetion said:
VaughnFan13 said:
obsessetion said:
VaughnFan13 said:
i am a little intimidated by gothic people, i'll admit it...it's probably because they look a little different, but if a goth walked up to me and started talking to me, i would just leave or anything, and i'd try to get to know them...am i makeing sense?
Yeah!!! Loads of people fell like that!!! Only cus u don't see people dressed like that in everyday life unless u've got a friend that dresses like that !!! My mum feels the same but i don't give a dame!!!I used to wen i was little cus i used to get scared of them!! Then again i used to get scared of the local doctors hair arms!!!
LOL
oops, i noticed a typo there, i meant i wouldnt just leave...sry :P
LOL!!
i have the weirdest typos sometimes, like i'll forget to type the nt onto something like wouldnt, and i'll end up saying the opposite of what i mean

VaughnFan13 said:
obsessetion said:
VaughnFan13 said:
obsessetion said:
VaughnFan13 said:
i am a little intimidated by gothic people, i'll admit it...it's probably because they look a little different, but if a goth walked up to me and started talking to me, i would just leave or anything, and i'd try to get to know them...am i makeing sense?
Yeah!!! Loads of people fell like that!!! Only cus u don't see people dressed like that in everyday life unless u've got a friend that dresses like that !!! My mum feels the same but i don't give a dame!!!I used to wen i was little cus i used to get scared of them!! Then again i used to get scared of the local doctors hair arms!!!
LOL
oops, i noticed a typo there, i meant i wouldnt just leave...sry :P
LOL!!
i have the weirdest typos sometimes, like i'll forget to type the nt onto something like wouldnt, and i'll end up saying the opposite of what i mean
lol!!!!

My sister went through a huge goth stage. She used to work at Hot Topic... and some of her clothes were kinda odd, but she was still my sister, you know? And actually, I went into Hot Topic recently, 'cause I wanted to look at their piercings and my friend was SCARED of the store. I was like "what?" And she was all "we're dressed in express! We don't fit in!" And I was like "so what?" The people who were working there were really nice too. But then again, I've always tried to ignore all those silly stereotypes.

I think it's just the a way people dress. I also think that some people just dress that way to get noticed...maybe from their parents... or just by others.

There are goth people out there who do carry a huge chip in their shoulders. They hate "preps", as they call them, 'cause they're "all the same"... but in that case, they're all the same too.

Existentialist said:
There are goth people out there who do carry a huge chip in their shoulders. They hate "preps", as they call them, 'cause they're "all the same"... but in that case, they're all the same too.
I never thought of it that way. Okay to much thinking... LOL!

twinzz2003 said:
Existentialist said:
What the heck is a prep, thats so biased i hate when you label people a certain type.

ALIAS_RULES said:
twinzz2003 said:
Existentialist said:
What the heck is a prep, thats so biased i hate when you label people a certain type.
You wouldn't last at my school.

I have to admit, goths to intimidate me. The outward appearnace of gothic styles do represent darkness, whether or not it's intentional.

But I respect them. You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, yet at the same time, the appearance is the first thing you'll see.

ALIAS_RULES said:
I dunno its just why does everyone have to labeled. Sometimes i think its stupid, and its very sterotypical.
Yep. I agree. Not to sound like an angel or anything, but I can't remember the last time I called someone a snob(at least not to their face or anybody else). :angelic:

ALIAS_RULES said:
twinzz2003 said:
Existentialist said:
Why do you think I put "preps" in the quotations? That's just the common, stereotypical name for them... it doesn't mean that I actually USE those names. There are "preps" and "jocks" and "goths" and "skaters", etc. I'm just saying, when so many people are trying to be different, some of them are bound to end up the same... or closely similar. Don't get me wrong, I came from a HS that was VERY big on the labels, but I never actually followed them. Try being Asian... you totally get labelled a certain way. It's horrible. And if you read my previous post, you would see that I have no problem with "goths"... some of them are the nicest, most interesting people I know.

i don't realy care for labels, i think goths are cool, i like thier unique style everyone's got their style, alot of ppl are realy nice once u get to know em

3ffect said:
i don't realy care for labels, i think goths are cool, i like thier unique style everyone's got their style, alot of ppl are realy nice once u get to know em
Exactly.

I can't stand those people who say things like "people who wear Abercrombie suck." You can't judge a person by their clothes, and they can't seem to understand that, and it frustrates me.

my school could use more people like u guys....categorizing is what they do best there. skaters, cheerleaders, jocks, dang the whole lot. i hate it. it's exactly wrong with the world today. people can't put aside their differences and try to understand other people without that stupid mask of judgement clouding their senses. i think we all need a wake up call.

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
my school could use more people like u guys....categorizing is what they do best there. skaters, cheerleaders, jocks, dang the whole lot. i hate it. it's exactly wrong with the world today. people can't put aside their differences and try to understand other people without that stupid mask of judgement clouding their senses. i think we all need a wake up call.
The wake up call is called college. :lol: For most people, anyways. Some people insist on sticking with those stupid labels.

yea...i know a couple college people who still haven't passed their puberty stage yet. they're stupid jerks, but i'm not saying that all college people are like that. it's just ur luck with who u meet.

Back