What's Right?

Well, this is my first fic, so I'm open to any sugestions or comments to make it better! lol. Well, this takes place after the end of season two. The last part of the show was all a dream in my story. Ya, I'm against the dream theory, but I wanted to write something different, and it seems like not too many people are writing about a dream. Oh, and you wont undestand about the title until the end of the fic. So, anyways, here ya go! Hope ya like it! ENJOY!

CHAPTER 1
(Syd's POV) (Syd's Dream)

You've been missing for almost two years

"T-T-T-Two years?" Sydney finally managed to choke out. Her tears were flowing even harder now. She didnt know if she could take this.

"Yes, Sydney. A lot has happened." Vaughn replied.

"Obviousy" Syd shot back with a glance at Vaughn's ring. She wanted to sound as if she wasnt hurt. That she didnt care. But inside her heart was breaking. Vaughn looked hurt at hurt reply. Now Syd felt even worse because she mad Vaughn feel bad.

"Syd..... dont" he said

"Vaughn, I just want the truth. Who is she?" Sydney asked. She couldnt belive she was even speaking. All she wasnted to do was run out of the room. The World. Her life.

"Alice" Vaughn said quietly, bringing Syd back to reality.

"A-A-Alice?"

"Yes" Vaughn answered, not looking Syd in the eye.

Sydney couldnt listen to anymore. She got up from her spot on the bed, and walked over to the window. Vaughn followed her, and placed his around he shoulders.

"Syd....."

"Leave me alone!" Syd yelled, shruging his arm off her shoulders. Vaughn placed it back on.

"Come on Syd, it's okay." he said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
(Vaughn's POV) (Real, Current Time)

"Come on Syd. Hang in there" Vaughn whispered in Sydney's ear, forgetting all about Weiss' presence in the room. When he was with Syd, he went into his own little world. All Vaugh n could focus on was her. It had been 3 long days he had found Sydney unconscious in her apartment after the fight with Alison. A few minutes later Jack entered the room carrying snacks and sodas from his trip to the vending machine, breking Vaughn from his thoughts.

"Still nothing?" he asked Vaughn.

"No" Vaughn replied sadly.

Jack sat down on a chair and set the snacks down on a table. "You guys want anything?" he asked

"Sure" said Weiss, throwing a newspaper to the ground "I need a break from this stupid paper"

"Vaughn?" Jack said, once again breaking Vaughn from his thoughts.

"Huh?' he aked

"Do you want anything?" Jack responed, sounding slightly irratated.

"Sure. Thanks." Vaughn said.

Vaughn accepted the chips and Coke from Jack without even looking at them. He turned his attention bac to Sydney.
Jack and Weiss began eating and talking, but stoped when they saw Vaughn just staring at Sydney again.

"Come on man. I think its time to go." Weiss said, breaking the silence.

"Yes, I agrees" Jack said as he stood up, and then walked out of the room.

"Vaughn? Come on!" Weiss said again.

"No, I think I'll stay" Vaughn replied without even looking at Weiss. He couldnt leave. Not yet, at least. He needed to stay with Syd. He heard Weiss sigh, and then grab his arm.

"Come on! It's been 3 days! You've bearly eaten anything, or slept at all. Sydney's not going anywhere. If she wakes up the doctors know to call you right away. I know you love her, and want to stay with her, but I'm worried about you man!"

Getting away from here did sound good to Vaughn. He wanted to change his clothes, and maybe even sleep for a few hours, but he still didnt want to leave Sydney. But.........

"Fine." Vaughn answered finally. "Lets go."

"Good man!" Weiss said, heading for the door.

"Hang on a sec." Vaughn called to Weiss. He let go of Syd's hand and stood up. He turned around to grab his jacket, and then turned back to Sydney. He bent down and kissed her on the forehead. "I love you" he whispered in her ear, and squeezed her hand. Then he walked over to Weiss.

"Come on man. Lets go get some pizza!" Weiss said.

"I'm not hungry" Vaughn said, as he turned back to look at Sydney one last time.

"Yes you are" said Weiss.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So, reviews please!!! THANKS!!

Thanks for all the great comments guys!! :smiley: I thought no one would like this! Well, to clear a few things up- The section where Vaughn is married is Sydney's dream while she's in a coma. And yes, I hate Vaughn being married to Alice, but it's just all a dream! :smiley: The part in the hospital room is what is really going on. The 2 years hasnt passed. So, I hope that helped. Well, here's the next part. Hope ya like it!

CHAPTER 2
(Syd's POV) (Syd's Dream)

"Come on Syd. It's okay"

"No, it's not okay!" Sydney replied angerly, as she moved across the room. "How would you feel if you woke up and found out it had been 2 years since the last time you remember anything; since the last time you were seen!" Syd continued to yell, "The person you love, and thought still loved you is gone"

"Syd......." Vaughn cut in.

"No! Let me finish!" Syd yelled again, but let her voice level drop to finsh what she was saying. "Vaughn, you may have had closure to our realtionship, but I havent. You've had 2 years to end it and get over it. I've had 2 minutes."

"Sydney! I dont think you have any idea how hard these past 2 years have been for me! I never wanted to end our realtionship! You were ripped away from me!" Vaughn yelled back.

Sydney couldnt take it anymore. She knew she should apologize to Vaughn. It wasnt his fault she had been missing for 2 years. But couldnt find the right words. Instead, she turned around and ran out of the room.

"Sydney!" Vaughn called after her, but she wouldnt stop.

She tore down the hallway, and down the stairs. She could hear Vaughn running behind her, still calling her name, but she still wouldnt stop. She didnt want to face reality. Sydney began crying so hard that she couldnt even see. Finally she had almost reached an exit, but she couldnt make it. She just collapsed on the floor. Vaughn caught up to her, and knet beside her. She was crying so hard she still couldnt talk. Finally she managed to say "I-I-Im........... so-r-r-r-y." between sobs.

Vaughn just put his arm around her shoulders and placed his head leaning against hers. "Shhh... It's okay...... I know..... calm down..." He whispered to her.

Finally Sydney's tears stoped, but she still couldnt speak. After a while she fell asleep on Vaughn's shoulder. He picked her up and carried her upstairs.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(Vaughn's POV) (Real, Current Time)

Vaughn was beging to feel tired. He had been with Sydney at the hospital all day again today for the 6th day. He hadnt had anything to eat or got one wink of sleep, but he still couldnt leave. Not yet. He sat there only a few minutes before he feel asleep. It was morning by the time a nurse came in to check on Sydney, and woke him up. Vaughn was getting ready to leave when Jack came in.

"Morning Mr. Vaughn." Jack said "You been here all night?"

"Yea" replied Vaughn.

"You should go home for a while. I'll stay with Sydney." Jack said

'Yea, actully I was going to. Only for a little while. Then I'll be back." Vaughn said

"Allright" Jack answered simply.

Vaughn kissed Syd, and started to walk out of the room. On his way out he was meet by a doctor.

"What's her condition?" Vaughn asked.

"Not too well, I'm afraid. I'm sorry Mr. Vaughn. She might not make it." The doctor said, and went in the room to talk to Jack.

Vaughn turned around to look at Sydney. She looked so peaceful. Almost like she was............. No he couldnt say it. He turned around and ran down the hall. He could feel the tears wealing up in his eyes. Vaughn had just ran out into the sunshine of the parking lot when he heard Jack running up behind him, and yelling something "Vaughn! Sydneys's wak--------" But that was all Vaughn heard. A gunshot rang threw the air, and Vaughn collapsed to the ground.
~*~*~*~*~*~*

So, whatcha think? Reviews Please!!

Back