Whats your fave

what is your favorite Irina line?

• 1) I need you to understand I was 18 when the KGB recruted me (her to syd the whole explanation)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2) You look just like him(her to vaughn)

• 3) For the past 20 years(her to jack, the whole thing)

• 4) Play with me instead (her to karpechec, how ever you spell it)

• 5) Other

• 6) Every thing she says

• Total voters
I voted everything. She's just a great character!! But my favorite:

IRINA: I did not see that fourth man. If you hadn't fired... I remember the first time you introduced me to Sloane. You were both working at the CIA. He came to the house for dinner. You were true friends.

JACK: Yes, we both shared an unsentimental patriotism...and...devotion to our wives.

(Jack gets up and starts to walk away but Irina takes his hand)

IRINA: I never thanked you for everything that... For raising our daughter.

Ah, but that was less what they said than the way they said it . . .
;)

One that I haven't seen, but I put it on my sig.
"My love for you, for your father, was not a contrivance."
That one tells us how she feels about Jack :Ph34r:
OR
"Goodluck sweetheart, I love you." Jumps off 42 story building. God, what an exit! :lol:
Actually she got some of the best lines ever written for an actor in this series. (y) (y)

I just saw the one where she escapes...that was funny. ANd the look on Jack's face when she escapes. Oh man, the things she says! I love her!!!!

lenafan said:
"Goodluck sweetheart, I love you." Jumps off 42 story building. God, what an exit! :lol:
i LOVED that exit!!! one of my all-time favorite alias moments. it was just very irina i guess. and it was also just sooooo cool! ^_^

I honestly love everything she says, I can't stand it when she's not in an ep. Irina is the best thing that could've happened to Alias. There's just something about her that when she speaks you can't help but love everything that comes out.

That about says it all about Irina. (You can also add any camera shot of her when she's NOT speaking- i.e. the scene in The Telling before she made the phone call...she was staring at CIA headquarters, tears in her eyes..the scene was brief..but spoke volumes.)

I honestly love everything she says, I can't stand it when she's not in an ep. Irina is the best thing that could've happened to Alias. There's just something about her that when she speaks you can't help but love everything that comes out.

I so agree JG, if she isn't in the episode, for some reason I don't look forward to it as much, odd I know, but I agree that she is the best thing that happened to Alias, I'm not taking anything away from the rest of the cast, as they are all WONDERFUL, but there is something about her that you hang on every word she says!

smegheadalways Posted on Jun 8 2003, 03:19 PM
there is something about her that you hang on every word she says!

Of course we do. However she has some fabulous lines. :rolleyes: Then we've got to credit the actor for speaking them. Kudos to Lena Olin. (y) (y) (y) (y)

smegheadalways Posted on Jun 9 2003, 02:03 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know lenfan, was exactly is it about her?

She has been in several movies, some good, some not so good.
I would recommend that you see her newest pic
Hollywood Homicide when she plays I think the love interest of Harrison Ford.
Rent or buy Chocolat (she plays Josephine)
Rent Queen of the Damned or Romeo is Bleeding.
Buy the Unbearable Lightness of Being: that was the best! You can get it at bn.com (Barnes and Noble)

Personally the last one ULB was the best (y) (y) (y) (y)
and Chocolat right after that (y) (y) (y)
Romeo Is Bleeding might have been why they picked her to be IRina. She plays a Russian hit woman with no scruples and would fit Jack's description opportunistic sociopath which I thought was a little over the top, but considering what Irina had done made him think so.

However I think most fans of Alias think Lena Olin made the part of Irina hers and was perfect. :cool:

Back