Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

What's your favourite book series?

Discussion in 'Books' started by kylo4, Apr 17, 2003.

Tags:
  1. kylo4

kylo4 Rocket Ranger

I like Harry Potter, and the Alias series. How about everybody else?
    kylo4

2. ukaliaschick

ukaliaschick Rocket Ranger

i read so many series and they are all so good!
    princess diaries, HP, jack ryan, the gorgia nicholson diaries, mates and dates series, the chalet school (there are like 63 and i have only read a few and they are really old) and quite a few other series.
    ukaliaschick (y) (n)

3. liliana

liliana Rocket Ranger

i like the lotr,harry potter,buffy and star wars.

4. kylo4

kylo4 Rocket Ranger

I forgot about the Star Wars series. But don't you think that there are way too many Star Wars and Star Trek series out there? I certainly do.

5. ukaliaschick

i agree with u Klyo4. there are far to many of the boks and (at least the star wars ones) are all written by different authors who give them all different abilities and everything. plus all the ones i a sequence can be hard to find in order so the few that i have read i have ended up reading them out of order which has completely confused me.
    ukaliaschick (y) (n)

6. Kara

Kara eternally nostalgic

The Princess Diaries, even though I've only read the first two. I can't wait to read the third! And the fourth is coming out soon too.... :woot:

7. ukaliaschick

ive already got the fourth princess diaries, is it not out in the us yet? im waiting 4 the fifth but i have 2 wait till like september b4 it comes out.
    ukaliaschick (y) (n)

8. murkywater

murkywater Rocket Ranger

LOTR!!!! wooohoooo!

9. syd_spy47

syd_spy47 Rocket Ranger

Harry Potter, A series of unfortunate events, and the alias books. (I'm trying to read the LOTR books, but they're taking me a long time.)

10. Kara

Kara eternally nostalgic

Hmm... haven't seen it around here yet... still waiting impatiently...

11. kylo4

kylo4 Rocket Ranger

I LOVE THE ALIAS BOOK SERIES!!!
    Nuff said.
    kylo4

12. twinzz2003

twinzz2003 Rocket Ranger

I really love Sharon Creech books. I own all of them. I just finished Disappeared it was really really good.

13. ukaliaschick

i agree with u twinzz. i have only read two but i love both of them. i am currently putting the wanderer on tape for a girl with learing difficulties (my mom is a learing support assistant)
    i really want to read more tho
    ukaliaschick (y) (n)
    ps kara where do u live cause that might have something to do with it?

14. a.k.a.Kate_Jones

a.k.a.Kate_Jones Rocket Ranger

The Princess Diaries (my favorite one is signed by the author!!), Alias, LOTR, Harry Potter, and the Shopaholic series.

15. crazy spinster

crazy spinster Rocket Ranger

california. bay area or socal, depending.
    shopaholic series! :D and bridget jones. although i don't think you could consider that a "series." it's more just a book and its sequel. ;)

i'm not really into series anymore. when i was younger though, series were all i read - sweet valley, babysitters club, nancy drew, boxcar children. aww...that makes me feel all nostalgic now. ^_^

16. Existentialist

Existentialist Entertainment Moderator

Ah man... when I was younger, I read sweet valley, babysitter's club (my dad used to work for the company that published the series, so i got them all for free), saddle club, thoroughbred, and some of the boxcar children.

I like some of the books from the Buffy series... but I didn't really got into them after the Gatekeeper trilogy. Those were really good. And I still love to read the Anne of Green Gables series, and the Emily of New Moon books. And then the One Last Wish series from Lurlene McDaniel... they're kind of cheesy, but good in their own way.

17. splits_chica47

splits_chica47 Captain

i love the Harry Potter series they rock my world!!! and i love books by lurlene mcdaniels and many other authores too!!!

18. sydbristow

sydbristow Rocket Ranger

My all time favorite series would have to be the lord of the rings. I also love The Harry Potter books. (y)

19. TephieP

TephieP Rocket Ranger

I like The Lord of the Rings, but the Harry Potter books would have to be my favorite.

20. TephieD

TephieD Rocket Ranger

Same here tephie. Our names are extremely similar. hmm, I wonder why that is? (hehe)