What's your favourite sport?

For me my favorite sport would have to be Football (Soccer to the people in the USA) although there are a handful of players who give the game a bad name with there over agressive play such as Roy Keane : when he was at Man Utd :angry: but no doubt he was one the best at the time.

And then there are the players such as Dider Drogba and Cristiano Ronaldo who seem to have a hobby of diving at every opportunity possible (n)

I would also say Football, here it's our national sport and with players such as Zidane you can only love this sport when you see what the man can do with a ball and his feet, you are like that :thud:
As for Ronaldo, you are right, during the semi final France-Portugal I wanted to slap the guy for diving at every chance he got! I was like 'What the hell are you doing? It's football not swimming, so play instead of lying on the lawn

:lol: Yeah i agree Zidane is such a good player, even at the World Cup he played really well minus the head-butt of Marco Materazzi. I don't know how he's doing at Real Madrid these days though, i haven't watched them in a little while.
:lol: i don't know about you but i think he whines too much, especially at decisions which don't go his way. Problem is his feet are so quick and its almost inevitable that he will be brought down.
One thing i won't forget is at the World Cup England vs Portgual, the wink he gave the Portugese bench :angry:

Zidane retired after the World Cup, he is now more into humanitarian work than football even if he works for Canal + a channel which is famous for its football games, and other sports. He comments some game along with Lizarazu and some other French player of France 98. If I'm not mistaken, he still does some little things for the Real but I don't know what it's.
As for the head-butt, like most French people, I have forgiven him the day after the final, because the Italian guy got what he deserved :whistle:

As for the game Eng - Port , I see what you mean, as if he had done that on purpose, so Rooney could get a red card. I don"'t understand how they can continue to play together at Manchester

Yeah he did indeed, but he went out on a bad note i mean he is one of the best the game has seen to leave the international seem under those circumstances is just :( for me. But i agree with you, the guy he headbutted deserved what he got :D
Oh yeah I have heard of that channel before, usually when i go to France i watch it. I still do not know what the Italian guy said to Zidane, officially. I heard all sorts, here in England i heard the Italian guy said things about Zidane's mum for being a terrorist because she is Algerian :confused:

That is the way it seemed, to begin with i didn't think couldn't co-exist on the same team, but at the end of the day, both players are professional and should know how to act in such a situation. I don't know how interested you are in football, but i remember last year or the year before, two players from Newcastle United in the Premiership got sent off because they started a fight on the pitch.

Zidane is good, but I've always thought he was over-rated.

I like double-hard bastards like Roy Keane, Joey Barton and Gavin Williams (Ipswich Town). I like players who get stuck in and who's not scared of getting hurt in the process.

Soccer is cool, just don't see it much here in the USA. I like american football and Motorsports. Nascar is ok, but I like everything from F1 to IRL to Moto GP to Dakar Rally.

Zidane is good, but I've always thought he was over-rated.

I like double-hard bastards like Roy Keane, Joey Barton and Gavin Williams (Ipswich Town). I like players who get stuck in and who's not scared of getting hurt in the process.

Yeah i agree that Roy Keane and Joey Barton are no doubt rock solid players, not sure about Gavin Williams though, i haven't been able to follow the Championship that much nonetheless i still keep an eye on what's going on.
What team do you support?

Soccer is cool, just don't see it much here in the USA. I like american football and Motorsports. Nascar is ok, but I like everything from F1 to IRL to Moto GP to Dakar Rally.

Well in the USA the main sports must be Basketball, Hockey, Baseball, Tennis and American Football. I quite like watching the NFL sometimes, baseball is quite interesting although i get teased about it from friends, they call it silly boys rounders :lol:
F1 is quite good although i prefer A1 GP (don't know if many of you have heard of it) basically all teams use cars with the same engine, so that makes it fairer, rather than the race being determined by who has the better car

Lol, yeah i should have noticed that. I saw the post about the "The Ipswich Ripper" as well in the serious discussions.
Haha, we should have interesting conversations then :D (y)
How is your season going so far in the Championship?
I mainly support Brighton since they're the nearest team to me.

Our season is up and down. One week a good result, the nest a terrible one. We beat Leeds on Saturday though, that was nice. Mid-table finish for us.

Brighton aren't doing too bad are they? Dean Bowditch is down there on loan aswell. A draw with Oldham 1-1 if I remember rightly...

That sounds like the Ipswich i remember, it doesn't seem that long ago to me when you were in the Premiership and in the UEFA cup for that matter.
Brighton are doing about average, in the top half of the table, on a good run at the moment, such good young players like Alex Revell, Dean Cox and Jake Robinson are the main reason we're doing this well. Yeah he is, i think he is quite a good player, if i were Brighton manager i would try and sign him permanently, not sure you would have any of that though :lol:

I don't know what happened to Bowditch. When he first came on the scene he was supposed to be the next best thing. Well that was when Burley was in charge, and George Burley is brilliant with youth players. Then Joe Royle took charge and Bowditch didn't seem to fit in his plans so he shipped him off on loan, and it seems to be the case for Jim Magilton aswell.

I reckon if Brighton put in a bid, they'll get him.

Well in the USA the main sports must be Basketball, Hockey, Baseball, Tennis and American Football. I quite like watching the NFL sometimes, baseball is quite interesting although i get teased about it from friends, they call it silly boys rounders :lol:
F1 is quite good although i prefer A1 GP (don't know if many of you have heard of it) basically all teams use cars with the same engine, so that makes it fairer, rather than the race being determined by who has the better car

I think Basketball is on a major decline here, especially seems that way after the big fight that broke out between Denver & New York game over the weekend. I do enjoy watching Hockey, but ever since the strike a few years ago, it just hasn't been the same. I used to play tennis, but could never stand watching it on tv. So the only mainstream american sports that I watch I guess are Baseball & Football. I sometimes watch golf, especially those celeb ones...those are too funny!

I do know what A1 Grand Prix is. I don't think I have missed watching one of those races yet. In America we get them tape delayed big time, so its not as fun. However its still enjoyable because some of the drivers who race in america have found A1 GP as a way to kill time in the offseason here (while we get snow - Yuck!) Darren Manning (GB), James Hinchcliffe (Canada), Tomas Scheckter (S. Africa), Tomas Enge (Czech). I do wish though USA could get someone other then Phil Giebler! LOL

I don't know what happened to Bowditch. When he first came on the scene he was supposed to be the next best thing. Well that was when Burley was in charge, and George Burley is brilliant with youth players. Then Joe Royle took charge and Bowditch didn't seem to fit in his plans so he shipped him off on loan, and it seems to be the case for Jim Magilton aswell.

I reckon if Brighton put in a bid, they'll get him.

Yeah i remember that, he made a couple of appearences and i think he did quite well under George Burley as well. It seems that was the case, maybe Joe Royle ought to re-assess the ability of his players (y)
I hope we do, he is a player with potential and i think he would have a future at Brighton instead of being shipped off left, right and centre at Ipswich.

Any thoughts on the matches this evening?
Charlton vs Wycombe
Liverpool vs Arsenal

I think Basketball is on a major decline here, especially seems that way after the big fight that broke out between Denver & New York game over the weekend. I do enjoy watching Hockey, but ever since the strike a few years ago, it just hasn't been the same. I used to play tennis, but could never stand watching it on tv. So the only mainstream american sports that I watch I guess are Baseball & Football. I sometimes watch golf, especially those celeb ones...those are too funny!

I do know what A1 Grand Prix is. I don't think I have missed watching one of those races yet. In America we get them tape delayed big time, so its not as fun. However its still enjoyable because some of the drivers who race in america have found A1 GP as a way to kill time in the offseason here (while we get snow - Yuck!) Darren Manning (GB), James Hinchcliffe (Canada), Tomas Scheckter (S. Africa), Tomas Enge (Czech). I do wish though USA could get someone other then Phil Giebler! LOL

I didn't hear about the fight, what kicked started that off? I wouldn't know about the hockey strike to be honest, i only started watching it a month or two ago, why was there a strike?
I'm not a big fan of golf, perhaps when i've aged a bit more, although golf is a sport for all ages it just doesn't appeal to me.
Unfortunately i missed the end of the last season of A1 GP. I mainly watch F1, that seems the more interesting but i wouldn't really call it a sport.

Oh right :eek: i heard there would be an inspection about an hour before kick off. That's a shame, i thought that match would have been a pretty good one, even though last time both teams meant it was pretty much one sided.

Yeah i agree, it hasn't been an easy season for Charlton especially losing Iain Dowie so soon into the season. Personally in his shoes i would have stayed at Crystal Palace, it seems Palace just can't fit into the Premiership or the Championship - almost like a yo-yo team.

:lol: yeah i just saw the final score, that's really bad on Les Reed's part, he's been manager like a month and won only one out of seven and his job is hanging in the balance.

Back