whats your summer reading?

anyways i was just curious...
(obviously if you are not in school you dont have to read books)

mine are:
Translations by Brian Friel (looks BORING)
Ragtime by EL Doctorow (actually not bad so far)

after all... school is coming :(

Freshmen Year:

(n) Gods, Heroes, and Men of Ancient Greece by J.H.D. Rouse?
(n) Endurance (story about Shackleton's trip to Antarctica) i forgot the author
i can't remember the third book

Sophmore Year:

(y)(y)(y)(y) The Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman
(y) Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer
(y)(y) Doomsday Book by Connie Willis

the subtle kinfe rocks!!! i love that series

i had to read golden compas (book 1) and subtle knife (book 2) for summer reading one year

i couldnt wait for the 3rd book to come out (it wasnt out at the time) and as soon as it came out i read it... i forget the name tho, but it was sweet

gotta love the epic battles of good vs evil :smiley:

that was prollly the first book i had to wait for to come out :smiley:

let's see, they give us a long list of choices and one required book.

the required on is 1984 by george orwell

from the list i chose the lovely bones by alice sebold, bel canto by ann patchett, and crime and punishment by dostoevsky.

they're all really good.

:Patch:

subtle knife is awesome! :woot:

This yr
In the time of the butterflies by julia alvarez ⭐ ⭐
brave new world by ummm someone ⭐ ⭐
return of the king ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Thenate04: yeah, i enjoyed the subtle knife. i didn't read the first book, but the second one was good in itself. i thought it's good how the second starts off like nothing happened before it and you didn't really hafta read the first to catch on.

AllTheBest: ooo! 1984 is a good classic and Crime and Punishment is a must before graduating high school

SiriCerasi: RotK! lucky! (i think)

Can someone explain to me what the author's message in Cat's Cradle supposed to be? That is, if anyone's read it at all. I understand how human carelessness can destroy the world and all...but my reading between the lines is weak. bleh.... -_-

Back