When Alias' "Project: HELIX" becomes reality!

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
SYDNEY: What's going on?

JACK: We've decrypted the specs on Project Helix that you and Vaughn obtained. The data describes a breakthrough in next-generation molecular gene therapy. It refers to a new procedure whereby a patient's face and body are reshaped to identically resemble someone else. Agent Lennox was the first test subject to be doubled.

SYDNEY: Doubled how? Like cloning?

JACK: Not exactly.

OK this is kinda creepy and I'm sure it'll be a controversial topic, but it's actually true!

Project: Helix will become part of reality! Well, not really, but in a way, you could say it will (or at least if what these doctors want is granted to them).

Check this $h!t out:

Yahoo! News story: Doctors Ready to Perform Face Transplant

Basically, if what they want happens, they'll change the face of a disfigured person with the face of a dead person!

Creepy! Sounds a lot like what happened to Francie to me... now if they could only give that person the same voice, body, hair, and attributes... ^_^

Natalia said:
Kind of like what they did in Face/Off.
[post="1007522"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You'd be amazed at the kind of stuff modern science can pull off these days. I just hope that the pace of our technological development do not so far outstrip that of our moral and social development such that we become our own worst enemy.

XIn Li

I just hope that the pace of our technological development do not so far outstrip that of our moral and social development such that we become our own worst enemy.
Of course it will. There are just far too many people who don't care about the ethics of the things they do.

All those scary science fiction movies will soon become reality. :(

Natalia said:
Of course it will. There are just far too many people who don't care about the ethics of the things they do.

All those scary science fiction movies will soon become reality. :(
[post="1008276"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:laughbounce: No they won't... or wait... maybe they will?!

Back