When dreams become reality

KatsMeow:
OKAY, AND YOU SAID THAT YOU WOULD HAVE VAUGHN MAKE ANOTHER APPEARANCE IN CHAPTER 29 (LOOKING AROUND FERTIVELY) NOPE, NO VAUGHN. I KNEW I HADN'T SEEN HIM.
:smiley: yeah...you are right...Vaughn will come back soon...in the 4th and last part of this chapter! but I'm sure you'll like the next one too...great Jack and Sark "conversation" :D

krzykty57789:
WOW!!! That was AMAZING
:blush: Thank you so much!!!

S/V:
But PLEASE, I beg of you, what is happening with VAUGHN?!?! I know they know about Dr. Bonner and all, but what about Vaughn's escape?
soon all of your questions will be answered! :smiley:

sintheeah:
I loved Syd slapping the hell outta Sark!! that was the best!!
:D then you'll love the next chapter too ;) !

ny1042: :hi: welcome to this story!!! i'm glad you like it! and of course you can get a PM!

vartancrazy24:
amazing update
Thank you very much!!!

Alias Fan Gillian:
Awesome chapter.
Thank you!!! I'm very happy that you liked it!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND REVIEWING!!!

here's the next part of chapter 29!

29. QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS - part 3

After Weiss has left the room, Jack takes a chair and sits down. He looks at Sark and grins. Sark begins to look a bit uncomfortable.

"Well, well...Mr. Sark...it's just two of us now...and I think now it would be the right time to give me some answers to questions I have and you'll do yourself a favour, if you cooperate, because I'll get the answers from anyway...sooner or later." Jack informs Sark, then he adds "And believe me...sooner will be better...for you!"

"It's really very kind, how concerned you are about my well-being." Sark hisses.

"I think that was enough small talk...lets get to the point. Who's behind this masquerade and why?" Jack asks, gets up from his chair and walks closer to Sark, who raises his head and gives him an expectant look.

"Just in case that you have misunderstood me...I ask...you answer...and if you don't answer..." Jack rams his fist into Sark's stomach and while Sark gasps for air, Jack goes on "...and if you don't answer, I'll have to hurt you and believe me, I will enjoy every second of it. This, my boy...was just a little foretaste. Have I made myself clear now?"

Sark manages to nod.

"That's good...that's really good! So...again...who's behind this?"

"What makes you think, that there's somebody behind this...is it so impossible for you to believe, that this is all my work?"

"Mr. Sark, I don't want to offend you, but I think this is not your cup of tea." Jack says with an amused look, then he walks behind Sark and kneels down. He takes Sark's forefinger and begins to twist it until a cracking noise, which is followed by a loud scream of pain, is heard. Then Jack stands up and grabs Sark's chin from behind, he bends his head so that they can look into each others eyes.

"Stop fooling around and answer my questions or you'll wish that your damn mother would haver never met the bastard, that you call father!"

"It looks as if somebody hasn't made his homework, otherwise you would know, that I haven't had the pleasure to meet one of my lousy parents, so even if you'd call my mother a *h**e, I really won't care and my father...well, I think you are right...he was or maybe even is a bastard...so...Jack, you see...oh... I hope you don't mind, that I call you Jack..." Sark says with a pressed voice, but Jack doesn't let him finish, because he breaks his middle finger.
Sark screams in pain, but he goes on "So, Jack...you see...not everybody was so lucky as your sweet little daughter, who is blessed... with such...wonderful parents like you...and your beautiful wife...Laura...oh...I meant...Irina..."

Jack slowly walks in front of Sark, then he raises his clenched fist and hits his face with full force. His head flings to the side, then the chair tips over and Sark crashes straight onto the floor. Jack kicks his foot into his stomach, but Sark doesn't make a move.

"This is not the right time for taking a nap, buddy!" Jack mutters, while he leaves the room to get a bucket of water.

When he comes back, Sark's still unconscious. Jack takes the bucket and splashes the ice cold water over Sark's head. Sark begins to twitch.

"Welcome back!" Jack says and throws the bucket across the room.

"So...this is real...not a bad dream...huh?" Sark gasps.

"No, all real...but you know, sometimes also dreams can become reality!" With that, Jack kicks him into his stomach again.
"See...this was just to show you, that you are awake and now...answer my questions or your worst nightmares will seem like a children's birthday party to you after I'm through with you...are we clear?"

Meanwhile Syd, Eric and Marshall go through the SD-6 files, on which Will has worked.

"Marshall...you are the genius...so where have we read about this Doc Bonner already?" Weiss asks.

"Well...if I had this files in my PC it would be much easier, but..."

"...but we just have the same copies Will worked with...so please guys, instead of guessing where yo might have read something, go and look through all the files again...okay?" Syd interrupts Marshall.

"Okie dokie!" Eric says in a sarcastic tone and Marshall simply nods.

About thirty minutes later Marshall shouts a "Heureka!".
Syd and Weiss give him a surprised look.

"What?"

"Hooray?"

"Not Hooray...it's Heureka..."

"Which means...uh...let me guess...Hello, you are a car? ?" Eric asks.

Now it's Marshall, who looks surprised. "No, it means...I've got it! It's old greek...you know like latin...well, latin is a dead language...but how can a language be dead...have you ever thought about this...I mean, a language doesn't live, so it can't die either, or? Oh and there was this greek philosopher, who took a bath with a crown, yes...I think it was a crown and he said this when..."

"Marshall, I think this is enough now...so what have you found?" Syd wants to know.

"It's about Doctor Bonner's work...he tried to help people with burns, especially children, he worked on self-regenerating skin or something like that…and he nearly made the breakthrough..."

"Self-regenerating?" Weiss interrupts him.

"Yes...here it says, that he found a way to culture human skin...the only thing that he needs is a small piece of a human skin...no...wait...he needs a skin sample of the same person, who will later get the new synthetic skin...well, it sounds to me as if he's able to clone skin." Marshall explains.

"But that still doesn't explain, why Sark looks like Danny!" Syd tells him a little bit frustrated.

"Oh, I think I can explain that...Bonner just needed a skin sample of Danny, then he reconstructed the bonestructures of his face...then he just had to put a nutrient medium on this reconstruction...and of course Danny's skin cells...then he just had to wait until they begin to grow...and as a result you get a real and in some way also an alive mask...that looks like Danny...then he just had to found somebody how had similar facial bones structures...and here is Sark getting involved...it seems as if he was perfect...Bonner is really a genius..." Marshall looks at Syd and Weiss and quickly clears his throat. "I mean...he would have been a genius, if he had used this medical sensation for healing kids...but...oh wow...I mean, he must have found a way, that the skin is supplied with blood...Jesus...that is..."

"Weird...creepy...uuuuughhhh!" Weiss suggests.

"So you mean, this is a mask, that fits like a second skin?" Syd asks, still sounding a but frustrated, but now there's also a tone of disgust in her voice.

"Yeah, I guess you could say so." Marshall answers.

"Hey...guys...but the fingerprints...they were Danny's...I mean...did Sark use Danny's fingers...uuughhhh...this is sooo weiiiiird...am I the only one who thinks, that this is weird?" Eric asks, while shaking his body in disgust.

"The fingerprints...I've nearly forgotten about them...but I don't think that Sark uses Danny's real fingers...I guess...Bonner is also able to reproduce finger prints...maybe Sark wears Danny's fingerprints like gloves...I mean...everything is possible."

"That means, if Sark hadn't hurt his finger with the broken jewellery box, we wouldn't have got a blood sample and we would have never found out that he's not Danny...am I right?" Syd wants to know.

Marshall nods.

Back in the warehouse, Sark's sitting upright again. His face is swollen and covered with haematomas, some blood is running out of his nose and also from his mouth.
Jack Bristow is standing right in front of him and smiles. "So I was right, Sloane's behind all this, but you still haven't told me why!" He slowly begins to walk behind Sark again, but it seems as if Sark doesn't want another broken finger and he croaks, "Wait...please...I...I don't know why...why...I...have no idea what...what he's up to...I...I've asked him...many times, but I didn't get an...an answer..."

"And you really think that I'll believe you this?!" Jack asks and kneels down. "Why would you be part of...of...lets call it...operation...so why would you be part of such an operation, if you don't know the background?" With that he takes Sark's ring finger and begins to twist it very slowly.

"Money...I...I did it for the money..." Sark pants, but Jack doesn't stop and Sark adds. "And...I did it...bec...because of...of Sydney....AAARGH!"

Jack sees, that Sark begins to loose his consciousness again, he jumps up and slaps his face.

"We are still not finished! What do you want from my daughter?!" Jack, who's fuming, shouts.

"I...I...had always...a...a soft spot...for...for..your..lov...lovely daughter...didn't...you know that?" Sark manages to say. „...and I...I...thought...when...this...idiot of ....a....C...I...A...agent is out....of my way..."

"What?...What agent?....Vaughn? Sloane has Vaughn?!" Jack interrupts him, now he's more surprised than fuming.

"Yes." Is Sark's answer, before he finally looses his consciousness.

Jack turns away from him, inhales deeply and then he takes his cell-phone and begins to dial...

tbc

:thinking:

oh...I've forgotten something...well, I made a wallpaper for this story...are you interested in it? then I'll post it in this thread. :smiley:

Ahhhh!!! :eek: Finally they found out where Vaugnh is. poor Vaughn is :missing: I love spy daddy givin' sark a good a$$ beating!!! LOL :woot: woo hoo

They should just rips sarks face off (y) and then find slone and beat his a$$ :boxing:

lol great update I seriously can't wait for more, please update soon!!!!! :Please: lol thanks for the pm!!!!

Another great update!!!! yaaaaaa they found out where vaughn is yaa!!!!*jumping up and down* and jack beating the felgercarb out of sark lol

thanks for the update cant wait for more
*little dizze now form all that jumping*

Another great update!!!! yaaaaaa they found out where vaughn is yaa!!!!*jumping up and down* and jack beating the felgercarb out of sark lol

thanks for the update cant wait for more
*little dizze now form all that jumping*

LOL, I thought this looked strangely familiar and then I realized that I've read way more at SD-1! But I still love your story! Great job!

S/V

Yeah! Jack is the best.. he's the spy pimp daddy...!

Great Chapter
I. Loved. It
Cant Wait For More

That was wonderful
*Weiss happy dance*

Another awesome chapter. This story just gets better and better. I would like to see that wallpaper you made. I can't wait to read more. Please update soon.

Thanks for the pm.

WOW...thank you so much for all your replies!!! I'm too tired to thank you properly, but I'll post my Thank you post tomorrow, before I update this story! ;)

to shorten the waiting time...here's the wallpaper that I made for this story (it was my first wallpaper :smiley: )...I hope you like it.

when_dremas_become_reality_quotes.jpg

the pics are from alias media and sd-1 and the written parts are...miiine! yeah! :D

have a great day!!!

A/N: hey! I know I promised to post a proper thank you today...but I'm so tired (I'm working on my dissertation right now and I have to study for an exam...so my days should have 48 hours right now and not just twenty four)...so please don't be mad at me, if I don't post personal thanks, as I usually do :thinking:

sintheeah, vartancrazy24, S/V, krzykty57789, Alias Fan Gillian Thank you so much for your wonderful reviews...they mean a lot to me...they encourage me...they make me smile...you guys are great!!! :notworthy: THANK YOU!!!!! *hug*

here's the last part of chapter 29! :smiley: I hope it was worth the wait!

29. QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS - Part 4

Sydney, Marshall and Eric are still going through the SD-6 files to find some clues for Bonner’s place of residence, when suddenly Syd’s phone rings.

"Sydney Bristow."

"Sloane has Vaughn!"

"Dad?...What...what do you mean?...Vaughn...What?....How....Why?" Syd stammers.

"I don’t know the details and I also don’t really know why, but I think this is some kind of retaliation campaign of Sloane...this is something personal, Syd...he wants to hurt you...and I think that’s why he has taken Vaughn...I’m not sure why he has get involved Sark as Danny...I just know, that Sark did it for his own amusement..."

"...where is he?" Syd interrupts him.

Jack remains silent for a few seconds, then he answers in a calm tone. "I don’t know."

Syd collapses into a chair and covers her mouth to stifle a sob, but she can’t stop the tears, which are slowly running down her cheeks.

"Is...is...he dead?" But she doesn’t wait for the answer and drops the phone onto the table.

Marshall and Weiss are looking at her with shocked faces. Eric quickly grabs the phone and takes the call over, while Marshall tries to calm down Syd.

"What’s with Vaughn?" Eric wants to know. He listens carefully, while Jack fills him in.

"And what should we do now?"

"I try to get some informations from Sark...then we’ll see, what we’ll do!" Jack tells Weiss and he adds, "And you should try to find possible places of residence of Sloane...Marshall should look for old buildings that once belonged to SD-6...I know Sloane...the safest hide-away is a place, where no one would expect you...Sloane is somewhere near...he plays with Syd and I’m sure he watches her...damn...we have to find him!"

"And Vaughn!" Weiss says.

"And Vaughn." Jack agrees and ends the call by saying, "Talk to you later."

Eric puts the cell phone back at the table. Syd stares at the phone, then she asks again, "Is he dead?" Her voice isn’t more than a whisper.

Eric leans forward, takes her chin with one hand and lifts her head gently, so that he can look into her eyes. "You know, that he isn’t dead...you feel it and I feel it too! Michael is my best friend...we are as close as brothers and he needs us...now...that’s why we have to keep cool...panic and hysteria won’t help and you know that, because your are one of the best agents, that I’ve ever known and you and our Mr. Wise Guy here...." He nods to Marshall. "...have worked for Sloane...so...you both know him much better than I do. So, where could he hide? Where could Doctor Bonner have his secret lab...where..."

"...Jesus...give me just a sec!" Marshall interrupts Weiss and runs out of the office.

A few minutes later...Syd and Eric are sitting silently at the table, drinking a coffee, when Marshall rushes in. He has a two or three big maps in his hands. He lies the maps on the table and points at a place on it. Sydney leans forward to get a closer look at the spot, where Marhall’s finger nervously moves up and down.

"Credit Dauphine?" She asks, looking a bit confused.

"Yes, exactly! Look here..." Marshall shows her one of the other maps, which turns out to be the blue-print of a building. "...here...there’s a hidden air-raid shelter...shortly after the takedown of SD-6 I’ve informed the CIA about it...but it didn’t seem important to them...but that is not important now... what important is...that I was down there once...Mr. Sloane asked me to install a special security system...just a few days after...the incident with...with...ah...what was his name...oh...with McKenas Cole...he told me...I mean Sloane told me, he wanted to be better prepaired for the next time..."

"Marshall, get to the point!" Eric tells him impatiently.

"In this air-raid shelter is everything Sloane might need...and there is also a small research lab...there are just two ways to get into this shelter...an elevator...and the second entrance...is through the underground car park...there is a ventilation shaft, that is put out of operation and behind it, there’s the second entrance...I’ve installed the security system for both entrances...so that shouldn’t cause us any problems!"

"Good...then let’s go!" Syd tells them and quickly stands up.

"Wait...we can’t storm in there without a team...a plan...and we also might need some gear!" [/b]Weiss holds her back.

"I think Agent Weiss is right!" A voice from behind them says.

Syd, Marshall and Eric turn around at the same time, to look at the person that has interrupted their conversation.

"Mr. Kendall...uhm...Sir...ehrm..." Marshall stammers.

"Your father has just informed me about all those things that happened in the last few days without my notice and whitout any attempts to inform me...but we’ll discuss this later...so, we know where Sloane might hide...and we expect that Agent Vaughn will be there too...Am I right, Agent Weiss?"

"Yes, Sir! We think Sloane’s hide-away is in an old air-raid shelter below the Credit Dauphine building and yes...we think...that we’ll find Agent Vaughn there too!" Eric answers and quickly tells him everything about the two entrances, then Marshall takes over and informs them about the security system, he has installed there.

"Good. I’ll go and put two teams together...and you three should get prepaired for this mission. We meet in half an hour down in the underground car park! Oh...I nearly forgot...Agent Pierce is on the way to your father, Agent Bristow...he will help him to bring Sark into the Agency... "

"Pierce...why Pierce?" Syd wants to know.

"Because he’s a good man and he thinks that Sark might also have informations about Mr. Tippin’s case..."

"Will has nothing to do with Sark!" Syd interrupts Kendall.

Kendall just nods, then he goes on, "...and that’s why I’ve sent him...and I’m sure we will soon find out, if Sark and Mr. Tippin both worked for Sloane...or maybe for some other organisation!" Sydney wants to add something, but Kendall has already left the room.

"Damn! Pierce, a good man?!...I really don’t understand this...I mean Pierce...why?" Syd says with a frustrated voice.

"I have absolutely no clue...but we can think about this later...now we have more important things to do!" Weiss tells her and pushes her out of the office, then he turns round to Marshall and asks him, "Don’t you need some of your High Tech stuff...or do you think it’s enough if we simply say open sesame! and Sloane lets us in, huh?"

Marshall gives him a questioning look. "Open sesame? What?...oh...this was a joke...very funny!"

Kendall is already waiting with two teams, when Syd, Marshall and Eric finally arrive in the underground car park of the Agency half an hour later.

"Seems we are complete now...Agent Bristow you and your team will enter the shelter through the ventilation shaft and Agent Weiss’ team will use the elevator...Marshall you have to take care of the security system...Sloane doesn’t know, that we are coming and it should stay this way...are we clear? Any questions?"

Silence.

"Good, then let’s start...Operation Free Boyscout!" Kendall says and the teams get into their cars.

On the way to the Credit Dauphine building Syd thinks about how often she has driven this way...sometimes she was afraid, that SD-6 has found out that she was working for the CIA and sometimes she was full of anger or even rage and she just wanted to kill Sloane.

She always liked the way into the Agency better, although it was even more dangerous, but first she just wanted to take SD-6 down and then...well then she knew, that Vaughn was waiting for her and that was worth all the risk.

He will always be worth all the risk.

She just hopes that he’s okay, she doesn’t even want to think about the worst case situation.

"You know, that he isn’t dead...you feel it and I feel it too!", these were Eric’s exact words and suddenly she knows that he is right...she can feel it...Vaughn is alive.

She doesn’t know, how often he has risked his life to rescue her ...this time it’s her turn to rescue him and she prays, that she’ll get a chance to tell him, that she loves him, more than she has ever loved somebody.

When they arrive at the former SD-6 headquarter Weiss walks up to Syd and gives her a quick hug.

"Watch out, Bristow, I don’t think that Sloane is going to make this easy for us!". Then he adds with a smile, "If this is over, Mikey ows us something...big!"

Syd smiles too, Eric always tries to make the best of every situation, but she can see that his smile doesn’t reach his eyes and that he’s worried and nervous too.

She hugs him back. "Take care of yourself, I don’t want to rescue your ass too, Agent Weiss!"

"My ass..." He laughs an this time it’s a real laugh. "...you wish! And now let’s go and rescue our boyscout!"

The teams split up, just Marshall and Kendall stay in the van.

Syd quickly finds the ventilation shaft, that Marshall has spoken of and with his help she and her team are able to open the entrance to the air-raid shelter.

Sydney leads her team slowly down the staircase...after 47 floors their journey ends. They stand in front of a wall and there’s no door in sight...

"This is boyscout’s girl...we are at the end of the staircase...but there’s no door...just a wall!"

"Einstein here...there’s a darker spot in the wall...touch it...then a little keyboard will appear!"

"Got it...what now...Einstein?"

"Now enter the new password...I spell it...m...a...r...s...h...a...l...l...i...s...t...h...e...b...e...s...t...got that, boyscout’s girl?"

"We are in!"

"Snow White and team are in too!"

"Boyscout’s girl has intervisibility with Snow White’s team!"

"Good to see you...boyscout’s girl...let’s go and find your boyscout!"

Syd and Weiss signal their teams to move forward...in front of every door a few agents take their positions, then they break open the doors at the same time...

"Clear."

"Clear."

"Clear."

"Clear."

"Snow White has boyscout...I repeat...Snow White has boyscout!"

Syd’s heart begins to beat faster and she runs up to the room in which Weiss is.

"Oh my god, Vaughn!"

Vaughn lies in a hospital bed. His eyes are closed. He doesn’t move. His face is swollen, there are bruises and haematomas everywhere. The marks of dried blook is everywhere On the bed and on his clothes, it’s even in his hair.

Sydney softly strokes his cheek and whispers his name again. "Vaughn."

Suddenly he tears his eyes open and quickly jumps out of his bed with a scream and throws himself against Syd. They both land on the floor.

Now his eyes grow wider and he seems to be shocked and surprised at the same time.

"Sydney?" He asks with a croaking voice.

"Yes...yes...it’s me...oh Vaughn...I’m so sorry...I..." She doesn’t know how to go on, so she pulls him closer and kisses him softly.

When they pull apart, she whispers into his ear "I...I love you!"

"Alright, you lovey-dovyes...the ambulance is on it’s way...it seems as if Sloane and his bastards have cleared off...but our boyscout is saved and that is all that matters...at the moment!" Weiss tells them. Then he helps Vaughn up and gives him a quick, manly hug and says, "Hey, Mikey! Good to have you back!"

Vaughn gives him a surprised look and stammers "Uhm...yeah...uhm...good to be back." After that he quickly turns away from Weiss and looks at Syd and begins "Sydney...I’ve missed you...so...mu...." Then he collapses on the floor.

"Vaughn!" Sydney shouts and kneels down beside him. She checks his pulse, then she takes his head and put his head on her lap and gently strokes his bruised face.

"His pulse is quite normal...I think it was just too much for him..." Syd tells Weiss.

"Yeah...the ambulance should arrive shortly."

Weiss has been right...about 15 minutes later the unconscious-Vaughn is lying in the ambulance car and a slightly worried Sydney is sitting beside him and holds his hands.

Another 15 minutes later they arrive in the CIA hospital...the same hospital where Vaughn nearly died once, Syd thinks.

They bring Vaughn in to the ER and a nurse tells Sydney and Weiss, who has arrived too, that they have to wait outside. Then she closes the door and the last thing that both see is, how Vaughn is transferred on to the operating table.

Weiss turns to Sydney, "Syd, something is..." But he can’t finish his sentence, because Kendall approaches them with an extremely worried face and interrupts him.

"...Agent Bristow. I need to talk to you!"

"Can’t this wait?"

"I’m afraid not...it’s...it’s about your father..."

"...my father...what’s with him...where is he?" Syd interrupts him.

"Your father has been hit by a bullet..."

"...no...no...this can’t be...tell me...tell me, that this is not real...please...who...did this?" Syd sobs.

"Your mother."

Sydney gets as white as a sheet and collapses.

tbc

:eek: :thinking:

Ohhhhhh!! Great job!!
I am happy Syd and Vaughn are ok now...thanks.....but poor Jack.....and Irina....well this story amaze me everytime!!
Thanks for the PM

*gasp* jack got shot *still gasping*
yaaaaa syd and vaughn are together again!!!!! yaaa

thanks for the pm great update i really can't wait for more PlZ UPDATE SOON!!!!!
and thanks for the hug it really made my day :D and ur wall paper its beautiful!!! i luv it

:jawdrop: can I ask you a question ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME!!!!????:thud:

OMG you have to post a new chapter like ASAP!! Vaughn has to go into surgery and know spydaddy's hurt too!!!! :stretcher: :stretcher:

grrr i say we find Sloan and beast his A$$ !!!
thanks for the pm post more soon :Please:

sin

OMIGOSH! SPYDADDY! You shot Spydaddy! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

And Vaughn's in surgery? Poor Syd! Wait, scratch that...Poor ME! I'm dying, you've got to update!!! And soon!!!

S/V

Italian fan:
....well this story amaze me everytime!!
:smiley: thank you, but you should be prepared for a few more surprises :D

vartancrazy24:
*gasp* jack got shot *still gasping*
*sigh* yes...poor jack!!! (n) and you liked the wallpaper...yeah!!! :woot:

sintheeah:
:jawdrop: can I ask you a question ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME!!!!???? :thud:
:lol: this was a very shocking chapter...huh? :D ... :doctor: ...that's why the next chapter is quite boring :(

S/V:
OMIGOSH! SPYDADDY! You shot Spydaddy! 

And Vaughn's in surgery?
*hehe* that's what I call a VACK attack :D and I didn't shot spydaddy...okay...it was NOT me! :lol:

Alias Fan Gillian:
Awesome wallpaper and excellent chapter.
Thank you...I'm very happy that you like both!!! I just hope you won't be disappointed of the next chapter, because it's quite boring. :thinking:

krzykty57789:
Oh my freakin God! WOW!!
What was Weiss gonna say?
is Jack dead!?? NOO!!!

AHHH!!!!!!!
:lol: hm...and what was Weiss going to say...hm... :angelic: :D Jack is dead? really...OMG :jawdrop: :D ...<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->would I really kill Jack? ;) <!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR REVIEWS!!!

next update...tomorrow or wednesday! :smiley:

A/N: :hi: here's the new chapter...I hope you won't be disappointed, because it's not a very exciting chapter :thinking:
but I promise the next ones will be much better! :smiley:

30. INTERLUDE

Syd is lying on a stretcher and a doctor examines her. “Well, Miss Bristow, it seems as if nothing is broken. Did you have a collapse already or was this the first time?” the doctor wants to know.

“It was the first time, but I wasn’t feeling well lately, I was sometimes a bit dizzy and I also felt sick a few times.”

“I see…did you have to vomit too?”

“Yes.” Syd answers shortly and tries to get up. “Listen, I didn’t get much sleep in the last few days and I also didn’t eat much, so no wonder that my body begins to rebel…and now I really have to go…I have to see my father and Agent Vaughn…and I need to talk to the Assistant Director Kendall.”

The doctor holds her back. “Miss Bristow, you just collapsed out there and we don’t know why, you haven’t been feeling well in the past few days and you vomited and we also don’t know why, so please stay on the stretcher until we can get you a bed. Don’t worry about your father and Agent Vaughn, they are taken care of and you will have a chance to see them later, but now we have find out the reason for your collapse…I’m going to take some blood of you and then we’ll make a pregnancy test."

“What? Pregnancy test?!” Syd jumps up and quickly sits back on the stretcher, because everything goes black for a short moment. “This is impossible.” She stammers shocked.

“Nevertheless, we have to check it! So, please lay down again…Miss Bristow…wait…Miss Bristow!”

But Syd doesn’t hear him anymore, because she has already stormed out of the examination room and nearly knocks Eric flying.

“Whoa…Syd…are you okay? What did the doctor say?”

“I’m great…I need to talk to Kendall…what exactly happened…how’s my dad and what is with Vaughn…have they caught Derevko already, or is this going to be my job?” Syd wants to know.

“Syd, you need to calm down…oh boy…I could kill Kendall!” Eric says, then he leads her to a chair. “Sit down.”
She gives him an angry look and doesn’t move.

“Please…sit down, then I fill you in.”

She sits down and Weiss takes the chair next to her. Then he begins, “As you know, Agent Pierce was sent to help your father to watch over Sark until the team arrives, that will bring him to the security wing of the CIA. When the team finally arrived, Sark has disappeared and Jack and Pierce have been hit by several bullets…Pierce was lucky, one bullet grazed the side of his upper arm and the other one lodged his thigh…Jack wasn’t this lucky, one shot went right through his lung, he has a penetration wound in his right shoulder and another bullet grazed the side of his throat…he has lost a lot of blood and they operate on him right now…”

“Oh…no…and…and my mother…I…I…mean Derevko did this?” Syd stammers, while tears are streaming down her face.

Eric pats her gently his back. “Shhh…that’s why I said that I wanted to kill Kendall…he blurted out that your mother did this…although we don’t have proof yet…Pierce said that it was a woman, who wore a mask…she shot at them and then she freed Sark…Pierce says that he’s absolutely sure that it was Derevko…”

“…what did my dad say?” Syd interrupts him.

“That’s the problem…he was unconscious, when the team arrived…we had no chance to speak to him by now and his doctor told me, that he wasn’t sure when Jack would be able to communicate again…he meant that they maybe have to keep him sedated for a few days.”

“When will I be able to see him?”

“I don’t know.”

“And…Vaughn…how…how is he?”

“He’s not so badly injured…some rib contusions…a lot of haematomas…somebody has beaten him up badly…but he’ll be okay.”

“This is the first good news that I’ve heard for days!” Syd says and wipes away some tears, then she looks at Eric. “What?”
“Syd, I…I am not sure…but…” he begins.

“…you are not sure? What are you trying to tell me ?” She cuts him in.

Eric seems a bit unsure, then he gives a dismissive gesture and just says, “Forget it…I think…I’m seeing things…maybe I’m just a bit overworked…forget it, okay!”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah…absolutely!” Eric means.

“Well, then you should go home and get some sleep…you really don’t look very well!”

“Look who’s talking!” Eric says with a tiny smile. “If I’m not very much mistaken, it was you who collapsed like Snow White after she had eaten the poisoned apple…and not me!”

“Very funny, Agent Weiss!” Syd says and tries to mimic Jack’s tone.

“Yeah…I’m the funny Weiss-Man, but you can call me fun-man!”

“Not funny!” Syd tries her best not to laugh.
“Oh…is this a nervous twitch around your mouth….or should this be a nice little smile…huh?” Eric teases her, then he jumps forward and begins to tickle her and she finally breaks into laughter.

“Eric stop it…now…please!” She giggles.

“That’s Mikey’s girl…always a smile on her lips!” Eric tells her with a big grin, but he doesn’t stop tickling her.

“Eric…stop...it…I…I really…don’t…want to…to hurt you!”

“You hurting me…how…ouuuch!” Syd has grabbed his arm and twists it behind his back.

“It’s seems as if fun-man isn’t strong-man, is he?” Now it’s Syd’ turn to tease him.

“Okay, okay. I give up and as a sign of my good will, I’ll buy you a coffee…Syd?…please!”

After thinking about it, Syd agrees.

They go past some people, who have watched their banter disapprovingly, but Syd and Eric just smile at them. The two are perfectly aware that this isn’t the way, how they should behave in a hospital, but this time they don’t care, because they both know, that such moments of lightheartedness are rare in their lifes. Their lifes are filled with death and betrayal, for fooling around and having fun isn’t much time.

While they are drinking their coffee, Syd asks Eric “Have you seen Vaughn while I was unconscious?”

“No, the doctors didn’t let me…they needed to check him first.”

“I see.”

“But I’m sure they are finished by now and he’s already in his room…lying in his cosy hospital bed and waits for his private nurse to come!”

“Well, then I should better go.” Syd says with a wide grin.

“Yeah, before an other nurse pre-empts you…the little blonde one…I think her name’s Lauren…I bet she’d like to shake up Mikey’s pillows!”

Syd bunches Eric’s arm playfully. “See you later, fun-man!”

“Ouch…I always knew that you are a hoodlum!”

“Would a hoodlum do this?” She asks and hugs him.

Eric gives her a surprised look. “What was that for?”

“Because you made me laugh…because you made me forget my problems for a little while…because you are you….because you are a very good friend…I think, that’s what the hug was for! And now I go and find Vaughn’s room, before this Lauren nurse or an other nurse does!” She waves him good bye and goes to find Vaughn.

Finally nurse, not Lauren but Betty, shows her Vaughn’s room and Syd enters quietly.

He is sleeping. Syd slowly walks to his bed to get a closer look at him. His bruised face contrasts with the white sheets, the haematoma shimmer in every imaginable colour.
Sydney carefully takes his hand, anxious not to wake him up and strokes it gently.
She lays her head down on the bed and watches him.

Seeing him like this, remembers her of the day when she found him in Taipei. Times were so different back then, they weren’t together, but there was something between them…it wasn’t just only physical attraction…it was more…it seemed as if their souls finally found the perfect match.

It hurts her to see him like that. This should have never happened. He has nothing to do with all that…it’s something between her and Sloane, but Sloane always knew, how he could hurt her and now he maybe has found her weakest spot…Vaughn.
Vaughn is the man she loves…the man she trusts and Sloane knows this and he benefits from that.
This won’t be over…Vaughn will always be in danger. She knows that Sloane won’t give up….he wants to see her suffer and he knows her weak spots too well.
There’s only one way out of this…there’s just one thing that she can do, to save the ones she loves…she has to kill Sloane and she has to kill him soon.

tbc

:thinking:

poor Vaughn :( !! Grr :angry: Nurse Lauren!! I hate her already ;) All thoes nurses better beware Vaughn is TAKEN Syd's gonna have to kick some butt!! :boxing:

Weiss is so great he soo funny :lol: Man he cracks me up!! Great update I seriously cant wait for more!! :woot:

Thanks for the amazing chap and for the pm

:angelic: Sin

Back