When dreams become reality

Milo47:
wow.....impressive!!
oh... :blush: ...thank you!

Italian fan: Thank you so much! there'll be more soon!

totally4alias10: :D I'm happy that you like this story so much! Thanks a lot!

Jen-Jen: You'll get more! :smiley: Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Alias Fan Gillian :
You got me totally hooked too.
really? oh, this is great to hear! I hope you'll like the next chapter too!

okay, this is the current PM-list:

Alias Fan Gillian
Italian fan
krzykty57789
pennstatechic
totally4alias10

does anybody wants to be added or removed? just tell me! :smiley: thx!

update in a few minutes!

6. Evidences

Vaughn comes back and hands Sydney, who’s still staring at her cell phone, an ice bag.
“Now, what did your father say?”
“Oh, I…I haven’t called him by now. I don’t even know what to tell him.” She puts the ice bag on her bump. “Ouch!”
Vaughn strokes her cheak and says “Syd, I promise, we’ll find the person, who did this to you! And he will pay for it!” Sydney gives him a sad smile.
“So, what did you tell Weiss?”
“Uh, only the things he really needs to know. That somebody has broken in to your house and hurt you. Nothing else.” he answers Sydney, avoiding her gaze.
“You didn’t mention Danny?”
“Syd, I don’t think we should jump to conclusions! The dream about Danny confused you and the head injury plays its part too. Maybe your memory plays a trick on you!”
“Vaughn, this was real! I’m not hallucinating! It was him, I’m sure. I know that this isn’t possible, but I swear…”
She’s interrupted by the ringing of the bell. Vaughn jumps up and hurries to the front door. “This must be Weiss!”
Within seconds Sydney’s house is full of busy agents running round and looking for trails of the intruder.
“Sydney, you know, we also need your clothes for the analysis.” Weiss says and hands her a plastic bag.
“Sure, I’ll go and put some other clothes on. Just give me a second.” By saying these words, she walks into her sleeping room. She takes a new T-shirt and a pair of jeans out of her wardrobe and throws them on her bed. As she glances through the room, she suddenly recognizes, that the small jewellery box, which is normally placed on the nightstand and where she keeps her mother’s earrings and Danny’s engagement ring, isn’t there. Sydney walks to her side of the bed. There it is. The box lies on the floor right in front of the nightstand. It’s broken. She doesn’t touch it, because she doesn’t want to destroy the pieces of evidence. She kneels down and beginns to search the sleeping room floor for her jewellery.
Syd has just found her earrings and she’s still looking for the ring, when Vaughn walks in. “Hey, what are doing?”
“I’m searching for my ring, you know the one Danny gave me.”
“The engagement ring?” Vaughn sighs and kneels down beside her. He reaches for the broken box. “Don’t touch it, maybe we’ll find some fingerprints!”
He looks at Sydney. “You mean, he did this?”
“Yes, I found it here on the floor. My mother’s earrings must have rolled under the bed, but I can’t find the ring!”
“Weiss!” Vaughn shouts. Weiss enters the room.
“Eric, this also has to be analyzed!” he says pointing at Sydney’s jewellery box.
Weiss, who’s wearing plastic gloves, takes it and puts it in to a bag.
“This is going to be a long night!” he mumurs as he leaves the room.
Syd and Vaughn look at each other. He smiles at her, but she recognizes that the smile doesn’t reach his eyes. She leans over to him, kisses him lovingly and whispers “I love you!”
He kisses her back “I love you too. No matter what, I’m there for you and I will always love you! Don’t forget that. Remember, I’m your ally!” Now, he really smiles and his eyes are full of love. They share another kiss.
“I’m sorry to interrupt you lovey-doveys, but we’re finished here!” Weiss interrupts them. “We take the things we’ve collected in our lab, Marshall’s already there. If there are any fingerprints, we’ll search in our archives and in the one we’ve got from SD-6. I’ll inform you guys, as soon as we find something!”
“Thanks, man!” Vaughn says, shaking Weiss’ hand. He’s already on his way out, when Sydney shouts “Wait! I’m coming with you!”
Both men give her a surprised look.
“I don’t think that this is a good idea, Syd. This could take the whole night and you are suffering from a head injury!” Weiss nods in agreement.
“Come on, you both know, that I’m not good in sitting and waiting! I’m quickly gonna change my clothes, then we can go!” with that words Sydney pushes them out of her sleeping room.

Marshall is already waiting at the lab, as Weiss has told them before. When he sees Sydney, he comes up to her “I’ve heard what happened, are you okay?”
“Only a bit of a headache!” Sydney assures him.
“Okay, then lets get the party started!” Marshall says by clapping his hands together.
Syd and Vaughn sit down on a couch, that Marshall himself has brought in here. They watch the staff of the lab, but after some time both of them fall asleep.

One or two hours later Weiss wakes them up. “Hey, we found something! There were two identical fingerprints in your house, one in the kitchen and one on your jewellery box. And guess what, they aren’t yours…” he points at Sydney “…or yours…” now his finger points at Vaughn “…and they don’t belong to Will, Francie or Sydney’s father!”
“Did you already run them through our data bank?” Vaughn asks.
“Marshall’s doing this right now, so if you want to join us…” Weiss grins.
The three of them go to Marshall, who hits the keys of his computer like mad.
“There was no match in the database of the agency, let us see, if we’ve more luck with the SD-6 archive!” Everybody follows the search with keen interest. Suddenly the computer begins to peep.
“Seems we’ve a match!” Marshall says, while typing something on the keyboard. “Applause please, here’s our intruder!” he hits the enter key and then a name appears on the computer monitor – DANIEL HECHT

tbc

Now, what do you think? Do you want more or should I stop writing and posting? :confused:

OMG,OMG,OMG, OMG You can't stop there. You know you kill me with these cliff hangers. I am so sorry it took me a while to review, but WOW this story is just excellent. You should be so proud of yourself. I love it. Thanks for the pm, and the update. You are such an awesome writer. (y)

Love ya,

Lauren :angelic:

P.s. I loved when Vaughn didn't make a big deal about the dream. He's so cute :smiley:

krzykty57789: I'm glad you liked it! :smiley:

pennstatechic: oh :blush: thank you so much for your wonderful review! and sorry about the cliffhanger...but I'm afraid there'll be a few more :confused:

Alias Fan Gillian: sorry about the cliffhanger, as I told pennstatechic already, I'm afrais that there'll be a few more :confused:

totally4alias10: you knew it was Danny, really? I thought everybody would be shocked and say...OMG...Danny :blink: ... :D ...I'm happy that you liked it!

okay here's the next chapter...and I'm afraid, that there's another evil cliffhanger
:( , but nevertheless I hope you like the chapter...if so, please tell me...and also if you don't like it...don't be afraid to tell me! thx!

7. Build me up, buttercup

Sydney gasps. Vaughn bangs his fist on Marshall’s desk.
“This is IMPOSSIBLE! SD-6 has killed him! Syd, you’ve seen his corpse!”
“I bet Sloane has something to do with this. Maybe it’s his way to tell you, that he’s back!” Weiss suggests.
“But why should he do this with the fingerprints of a dead man?” Vaughn asks.
Since Danny’s name has appeared on the screen, Sydney hasn’t said a word. She’s shocked.
Now, everything fits together, the dream, the intruder, the missing ring – everything. First it had only been a feeling, maybe because of the dream. She had felt his nearness, first only subconsiously and then when he had touched her there was this familiarity. And there on the computer monitor is the proof, it’s real – Danny is alive!
“He isn’t a dead man, he’s alive!”
Everbody looks at her curiously. Vaughn is the first who speaks “Why? Let’s suppose he’s really alive, why should he or somebody else fake his death? Why did he come back this way? I mean, he broke into your house, Syd. He has hurt you! Why haven’t you heard anything of him in the past years? Why does he want to contact you now?”
“I don’t know. Maybe he had to go into hiding?” Sydney answers.
“And the corpse? You yourself identify him. How could he fake his death so perfectly, so that nobody not even you gets suspicious?” Vaughn argues.
“Somebody must have helped him! And I only know one man, who would do something like this without flinching!” Marshall tells them, looking straight into Sydney’s eyes. She nods and both say “Sloane!” at the same time.
Weiss raises his hands “You know, I was the one who mentions his name first!”
They ignore him and Vaughn states “Sloane?! He was the one, who had put a killer onto Danny. Why for God’s sake he would save him then?” He runs his hands through his hair.
“Only two maybe three persons will be able to answer all these questions. Sloane, Danny and my mother!”
Weiss gives Sydney a questioning look. “You think your mother is involved in this whole affair?”
“I won’t bet against it! We should intensify our efforts to find them!”
“Not only to find them, we also have to search for Danny.” Vaughn says.
Syd nods. “I think I should call my dad. He needs to know what’s going on.” Marshall hands her his phone. She shakes her head. “I’ll phone him from home. Let’s go?” she looks to Vaughn. He smiles “Let’s go.”

They don’t talk much, while driving to Sydney’s house. Both of them are lost in thoughts. This is a total new situation for them. It’s the first time, that they can’t solve it together. They have to find their own way to cope with the latest events.
As soon as they arrive home, Vaughn tells Sydney that he’s going to take a shower, while she informs her dad.
She sits down on the couch and grabs her cell phone for the third time this evening. Evening? She takes a look at her watch. It’s nearly 3 o’clock in the morning. Jack won’t be pleased to get a call in the middle of the night, but she needs to tell him the news. She dials. He answers his phone after the second ringing. “..ello?”
“Hey dad!”
“Sydney? What’s going on? Do you know what time it is?”
“Yeah, I’m sorry, but it’s really important!” Syd fills him in. He’s very sceptical.
“This sounds quite unrealistic to me. Maybe it’s one of Sloane’s bad jokes. I’ll go to the lab myself and look through the evidences to form an impression. You should go to bed now, Sydney! Good night!” He hangs up.
Sydney puts the phone back on the coffee table. The wine glasses are still there. She goes and gets a glass of water. Then she takes a painkiller, walks into her bedroom and takes off her clothes. Vaughn comes out of the bathroom, wearing nothing but a towel. He looks at her. “What did he say?”
“He’ll check the evidences himself!”
Sydney walks up to him. He pulls her into a hug. She rests her chin on his shoulder, while he’s gently stroking her back. “What a day…”
She looks straight into his beautiful green eyes and kisses him passionately.
“I think we should go to bed…get some sleep.” Vaughn says a few minutes later.
“Yeah, but I’ll take a quick shower too!” with these words Sydney enters the bathroom.

When she comes back, Vaughn seems to be sleeping already. She cuddles close to him.
“I love you Michael Vaughn!” she whispers.
“I love you too!” he mumbles nearly sleeping.

The first thing Sydney recognizes when she wakes up is, that Vaughn isn’t lying next to her. She sits up and sees him getting dressed.
“Good morning!”
“Hey, I didn’t want to wake you.”
“You didn’t wake me. What are you doing?” she asks him.
“I wanted to go to the lab, to speak to your father. By the way, you should tell Will about the whole “Danny’s alive”thing.”
“Vaughn, is everything okay?”
“You spoke in your sleep.”
“No, what did I say this time? Don’t frost the pie? Again?” she smiles at him.
“You called his name – Danny!” He takes his jacket and hurries out of the room.
Sydney’s smile freezes. She jumps out of the bed and follows him, but it was too late, when she reaches the front door, he already starts his car and drives away. She leans her head against the door. Damn it!
“Hey Syd, are you okay?” Sydney turns round to Francie, who’s coming out of her room.
“Morning Francie. Yeah, everything’s fine.”
“Morning? It’s nearly tweleve o’clock! I think, we both could need a cup of coffee. It has been a really hard night, you know. The last guests left the restaurant at about half past one, if Will had not helped me, they still would be there I think.”
Sydney gives her a half-hearted smile. Francie looks at her “You also look like if you didn’t get much sleep. Hard night?”
“Yes…I mean no!”
“By the way, where’s Michael?”
“He has left already.”
“Did you have a quarrel?”
Sydney feels uncomfortable, because she doesn’t know it herself. “I don’t know. Maybe. You know what, I’m gonna change and then get some fresh air.”
“Good idea. And where are you going?”
After giving it some thought, Sydney tells Francie that she’s going to the bowling alley.
“The bowling alley?” Francie asks her curiously.
“Yes, the one Danny and I had our first date.”
“Wait a minute, you have a quarrel with Michael and afterwards you visit a place where you had your first date with your dead fiancée?”
“Don’t ask, Francie. Please don’t ask.”
Immediately after Sydney has left the house, Francie calls somebody "She's going to the bowling alley."

The bowling alley hasn’t changed all. Sydney sits down and allows free rein to her thoughts. Suddenly she hears a familiar song coming out of the loudspeakers.

“Build me up buttercup baby,
then you bring me down!
And mess me around, and then worst of all!
You never call, baby, when you say you will!
But I love you still, I need you!
More than anyone, darling!
I know I'm yours from the start...
so build me up buttercup, don't break my heart!”

Sydney slowly gets up from her seat and turns round. He’s standing at the entrance, watching her. He slowly walks up to her.
“Danny!” is the only thing Sydney manages to say, before he pulls her into a hug and kisses her passionately.
Nobody recognizes the person that just enters the bowling alley. Vaughn freezes in his step, when he sees Sydney and Danny completely lost in their kiss.

tbc

Nooooo!! Please noooo!!! Poor Vaughn!!!! :eek:
I hope everything will be ok between S&V!! Please!!
Anyway amazing chap!!! I love it!
Write more soon!
Thanks for the PM ^_^

NOOO!!!!! NOO!!! NOOOO!!! NOOOO!!!! poor vaughn and poor syd having to sit through dannys kiss ewww.... and what bout s/v....
still great chap thouogh

OMG, NOOOOOOO WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME??????? OMG, I wonder what Vaughn is going to say. You are such a great writer, but you are killing me, and I am not lieing. My heart hurts. So good, need more ASAP to good of a writer. I loved it. Please, please, please more soon. (y) :D

Love ya,

Alias Fan Gillian, Italian fan, krzykty57789, totally4alias10: sorry, that I don't do a proper Thank you today, but I'm a bit stressed today...I've a huge exam tomorrow and then I'll go on a vacation for three weeks...which means, that this is maybe the last update for 3 weeks...I'm sorry!
Thank you so much for reading and reviewing!!!
I hope you don't forget this story!
oh btw just to make it clear...I'm a shipper...so don't worry...have faith..although it's going to be a long journey...I think everything will be fine for Syd and Vaughn...but there'll be rough times!!! :smiley:

8. Danny’s story

Vaughn is shocked. Seeing Sydney kissing somebody else, feels like his heart is slowly torn out from his rib cage and is exploding into many thousand pieces right before his own eyes, while the blood from his open thorax runs down his stomach and his feed and builds a bloody puddle on the ground. Why was he even here? He wanted to apologize for being so rude in the morning. He tried to call her at home, but she had not been there, so Francie had told him where to find Sydney. And there she is, kissing Danny. He knows, it’s him. Syd has shown him pictures of her dead lover. How can she do this to him? Didn’t she say, she loved him? Sure this is her fiancée, who has returned from death, but if she has really loved him - Michael Vaughn - Danny’s return would have changed nothing. He has given her his heart, his soul, his life and he had thought, that that would be enough for her, that that would be all she wanted, all she needed. He’s so stupid, so damn stupid. Vaughn can’t think clearly, he needs to get out of here. He turns round and heads for the exit. Suddenly a man, who’s been watching Vaughn since he came in, grabs him by his wrist and gives him an injection. He feels the effect immediately, but he manages to say one word before he passes out “Syd!”.

Sydney opens her eyes. She breaks the kiss and turns to the entrance. Vaughn? Has he called her name? No, impossible. He doesn’t know, that she’s here. Thank to God! What is she doing here? Kissing Danny. Sure it felt really good, but so much has happened since he had died. It’s still unbelievable that his here and alive. Maybe he thinks that they could continue right there where they stopped. But that’s not possible, there are so many questions and there is Vaughn. He’s a part of her life now. No not “a part”, the best part of her life, he…
“Sydney?” Danny’s voice pulls her out of her thoughts. “I know, this is a weird situation. You thought I was dead, didn’t you?”
“I was the one, who had found your corpse, so yes, I thought, you were dead!” Sydney yells at him. “And now you’re here, standing right in front of me and telling me, that this is a weird situation? You know, I thought that it all had been my fault, if I hadn’t told you, what my real job is, you wouldn’t have been killed. You don’t know, how it feels, to wake up in the morning and be overwhelmed with a sense of guilt, because you know, that you’re the cause that the one person, who meant everything to you, was murdered brutally. You…”
Tears run down her cheak and Danny tries to wipes them of. “Don’t touch me!”
He looks hurt. “I’m sorry, but I don’t need to be comforted right now. I only need answers. What has happened? Why did you let me go on believing that you were dead? How could it be, that the corpse I found, looked exactly like you? I even spoke to the man who had killed you!”
“You what?”
“He was one of my missions, his name was Shepard. He was programmed to kill, he…well that’s a long story, maybe I’ll tell it later. I think it’s your turn now!”
He inhales deeply. “We better should sit down, I could take a while!”
He leads her to a silent corner, then he beginns to recount.
“After our last meeting, you know, the one before your trip to San Diego, I went home. There I got a quite mysterious call.The person, I still don’t know if it’s a man or a woman, told me that SD-6 had sent a killer onto me, because they thought that I was a security risk and that your life was also in great danger. The person, I think it’s a man, offered me his help, but there had been some conditions: I had to leave the country immediately. I was not allowed to tell anybody what was going on. I should never, under no circumstances, try to contact you or friends of mine. No questions about the identity of the mysterious caller were allowed. And I should not try to come back to the USA without his permission, because if I did, they would kill us both. Under the circumstances there was no other solution, so I accepted his offer and took a flight to Europe that night. I travelled around there, never staying longer at one place. He always gave me instructions, where I should go, when I should leave and so on. He was watching over me. I don’t know, if that was for my safety or if he only took care, that I didn’t do anything wrong. He told me, that he had faked my death, so it would be easier for me not to get noticed or identified. He said that he had taken an unknown dead man, maybe a homeless and with the help of a makeup artist, he made him look exactly like me…”
“But there had been an autopsy!” Syndney interrupts him.
“Yeah, he also faked the post-mortem report, the body had never undergone an autopsy. I’m so sorry Sydney! You know, I’ve only done this to save our lifes!”
Sydney nods. “And why did you come back now, why now?”
“He told me that I can go home now, SD-6 is gone and we will be save. So I returned two days ago. I didn’t know how I should contact you. So I decided to find out where you live. When I got to your house, I wasn’t able to knock, because I had absolutely no clue how to tell you, that I’m alive. So I walked around your home and peeked through the windows. Then I recognized that the balcony door was open and before I knew what I was doing I sneaked in. I saw you standing in the kitchen. You were so beautiful. I couldn’t resist touching you. I’ve missed you so much, only the hope of seeing you again kept me alive. But then you called me “Vaughn” and I thought you had forgotten me, I…I thought you had forgotten the…love you felt for me. I’m so sorry that I pushed you away and hurt you. I was so shocked. I felt betrayed. It was a moment of madness. After you lost your consciousness, I didn’t know what to do. God, I was so angry, I wanted to find the man, who took you away from me. So I ran from room to room searching for something that belongs to him, so I could destroy it. I found your bedroom, because of a picture showing you and an older man, I suppose it’s your dad. Then I saw this small jewellery box. I opened it and there was the engagement ring I had given to you. I took it with me. I thought you don’t deserve it anymore…”
“Danny…” A single tear runs down of her cheek.
“Wait, I’m not finished! Seeing you after such a long time and then finding out, that your heart belongs to somebody else now…it was too much for me. But then I saw you here, in the bowling alley, where we had our first date and my hopes raised. This must be fate! I saw you sitting here alone, you looked so sad. I resisted the urge to run to you and take you in my arms and never let you go, instead of this I begged the owner of the bowling alley to play our song. And you immediately reacted to it. That was the moment, when a thought crossed my mind “maybe it’s not too late for us”. Because of that, I want to return the ring. It belongs to you! It’s also a sign of my love. I will love you forever, Sydney. I want us to spend our lives together. I want to continue were we stopped. I want you to be my wife!” Danny looks straight into Sydney’s eyes and hands her the ring. She remaines silent.
“I know, that you can’t make a decision right now, but I want you to think about it. Here’s my phone number and the address of the hotel, where I’m currently living. Please Sydney, give us a chance! I love you!” He gives her a piece of paper and leaves.
Sydney isn’t able to move. She stays at her seat and closes her eyes, as if she tries to escape from reality.

Meanwhile somewhere else in the town, Vaughn slowly regains consciousness. He can’t see anything, because he is blindfolded. He is sitting on a chair, with his hands handcuffed behind his back. He shakes his head to expel the dizzy feeling, an aftereffect of the injection.
Then a familiar voice says “Hello Michael!”

tbc

Excellent!!!!! Amazing!!! But the last update for 3 weeks??!!! Noooo!! :( Anyway don't worry and enjoy your vacation!!!
You are a shipper....ok, so, i have faith in you!!

Thanks for the PM ^_^

WOW! I hope Sydney doesn't go back to danny. Eww. Anyway, this was sucha good chapter. Poor Vaughn. He did call your name Sydney! Argh! :( Who is the person that took Vaughn? :eek: See, your killing me again!! I hope Syd finds him, and explains she loves him. I hope! Great chapter, for a great writer.

I know three weeks is going to be a long time to wait, but I hope that everything turns out well for you. I hope all the stress goes away :D I will be waiting when you get back for your next update. And I know you are a big shipper fan like the rest, so I will have faith. I could never just leave a story not finished, esp not yours with how well it is written. Good Luck! (y) :smiley:

Love ya,

Oh that was Great!! I loved it!! I'm just glad you are a shipper!!

I hope you have fun on your vacation!! And don't worry about posting, we won't forget!! Thanks for the PM!! Post more when you get back.

Back