When dreams become reality

A/N: :blush: Oh my, I know that I should have updated this story months ago...but first university was keeping me busy and then my hard drive crashed shortly before Christmas and I lost all my files, which means I also lost my finished chapters of "30 seconds" and the sequel to "September Morning" aaand the newest chapter of this story (n)
I have rewritten the chapter that I've lost and I'm already working on chapter 36.
I've just sent the new chapter to my beta...that's why I'll post some teasers after the Thank you post!

Alias_Day:
who was that?!
:D good question! you will find out soon!!! thanks a lot for reading and reviewing!!!

Alias Fan Gillian:
Excellent chapter.
:blush: Thank you so much!!! I'm glad you liked it!!!

krzykty57789:
Is it Weiss?
^_^ maybe.
We also need to find the real Vaughn so him and Syd can celebrate her being pregnant  *Weiss Happy Dance* I'm still happy she's pregnant!  But we REALLY do need the real Vaughn
I completely agree with you!!! (y)
Thank you so much for reading and reviewing!!! and for quoting!!!

Alwazabrat:
Let me guess her sister
good guess :smiley: I just say...maybe ^_^
Thanks a lot for leaving a review!!!

Italian fan:
Oh who is at the door??!!
:D you'll find out soon!!! Thanks a lot for reading and reviewing!!!

KatsMeow:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!! 

HOW CAN YOU DO THAT TO ME?????  WHO'S AT THE DOOR? WHY IS IRINA AT JACK'S SIDE? (GO IRINA! I LOVE HER! I THINK SHE'S ONE OF THE COOLEST CHARACTERS!!!!! JACK/IRINA ALL THE WAY, BABY!!!  ) ANYWAY, BACK ON TRACK.

WHO IS AT THE DOOR?????????????  IS IT VAUGHN?  OOOOOOH!  I JUST REMEMBERED, IRINA CAUGHT VAUGHN AS HE WAS TRYING TO LEAVE. MAYBE SHE WAS UNDERCOVER TO HELP HIM ESCAPE AND GET BACK TO SYDNEY. AND BESIDES, VAUGHN IS THE ONLY ONE WHO EVER CALLS SYDNEY "SYD". IT'S LIKE HIS PETNAME FOR HER.

I MEAN, RIGHT? MOST GUYS CALL THEIR GIRLS BABY, SWEETIE, LOVER, ANGEL, HONEY, DARLING, RIGHT?  NO, VAUGHN CALLS SYDNEY "SYD." IT'S ACTUALLY KINDA ORIGINAL. I LIKE IT. 

BUT AGAIN, GETTING OFF THE SUBJECT.

YOU MUST COME BACK. YOU MUST, YOU MUST, YOU MUST. PLEASE, I'M BEGGING HERE. I'M GOING TO LURK FROM NOW UNTIL THE NEXT CHAPTER.     

ANYWAY, I TOTALLY LOVE THIS STORY, YOU KNOW THAT. COME BACK SOON. AND IF YOU COME BACK, I'LL BE A PERFECT ANGEL  AND REVIEW EVERYDAY FOR A MONTH. I KNOW HAVEN'T BEEN DOING THAT AND I APOLOGIZE.  FORGIVE ME?
:blush: :D
I'm back now ^_^
thank you so much for your review...there are some really good theories and questions in it...I will think about them ;)

krzykty57789:
PleasePleasePleasePleasePlease

UPDATES SOON!!
:blush: I'm so sorry for not updating for such a long time!!!

Thank you so much for you patience!!!

here are the promised teasers!!!

“…I would prefer that you call me Agent Bristow as long as we are forced to speak with each other, which shouldn’t be long, because I don’t think that we will ever meet again when this day is over!”

“Idiot!” Irina shouts.

Syd gives him a shocked look.

“Very interesting!” Jack frowns.

She doesn’t know, if this is a wise decision, but she’s to tired to offer resistance, that’s why she slowly lowers the gun and finally walks to the bed of her father, she hesitantly hands him the gun and sits down.

“So, who wants to begin?”

^_^

I know...I know, you've waited so long for a new chapter and then I post such mean spoilers :P nevertheless I hope you like them! :thinking:
btw. the spoilers are still unbetaed...so if there are any mistakes...I'm sorry!

krzykty57789:
Ugh! Like Jack said.. Interesting! :P
:lol: I know the teasers were a bit short and not as insightful as you might have hoped, but believe me, the whole chapter is much...much better! :smiley:

A/N: Update tonight!!! :smiley:

Italian fan said:
Interesting spoilers!
I missed this story!
Thanks for the PM
[post="1248633"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
you missed the story...awww :blush: ...I promise, you'll never have wait this long for a new chapter again!!!

A/N: So, finally...here's the new chapter!!! ^_^

Enjoy! :flowers:

35. REVELATIONS - part one

“Syd. Syd put the gun down please.” A voice tells her from the door.

She doesn’t need to turn around to see who’s standing in the door. She knows this voice too well.

It’s the voice that once spoke words of comfort to her. That once whispered words of love. It’s the voice of the man who has broken her heart not even an hour ago.

“You?” She asks in a sarcastic tone. She doesn‘t look away from her mother even for a second. Instead of lowering her gun she presses the barrel of her pistol even tighter at Irina’s right temple.

Sydney tries to make her voice sound normal and indifferent as she goes on, “You want to tell me what I should do? I’m afraid to inform you, Agent Vaughn, that you have lost every right to tell me what I should or what I should not do! This is none of your business anymore! I’m none of your business anymore!”

“Syd…” Vaughn tries again, but she doesn’t let him finish.

“I would prefer that you call me Agent Bristow as long as we are forced to speak with each other. Which shouldn’t be long because I don’t think that we will ever meet again when this day is over!”

Fragments of the conversation they had just an hour ago come to her mind…

“Sydney, please you have to understand me. Since Alice came back into my life I saw how easy life could be, how normal. I think, you and me, we never really had a chance. We would never have been able to live a normal life.”

“I know that this a weird situation right now. I’m sorry if you have expected more from me, but please accept that I’m with Alice now. She makes me happy.“

“Under consideration of these circumstances I think it is better if we don’t see each other for a while. That’s why I already have applied to be transferred.”

With just a few words he managed it to shatter her world into tiny pieces. The man, who was her handler once, her best friend, her lover, has not only betrayed her, but with a few simple words he has taken away everything from her that made her life worth living.

She thought he was her soul mate. The one person in the world who was made for her and that she was made for him. She thought that he would be the father of her children and although she’s expecting his child he will never find it out. He will never be the father of her baby.

She thought that their love was strong. She thought that they would survive everything as long as they are together.

But she was wrong. Their love wasn’t strong; it was just a phantom. They are not together anymore. She is alone now and this time nobody will be there to cure her broken heart.
Nobody.

Her lips begin to tremble and tears appear in the corner of her eyes. She takes a deep breath and blinks them away. She is about to speak but Jack interrupts her.

“Can somebody please tell me what is going on here? And why for god’s sake are you looking like a…”

“Idiot!” Irina shouts. “What are you doing here?”

Now Jack looks from Vaughn to Irina and nods, “Idiot? Well, that fits too, but actually I wanted to say why are you looking like a…a homeless person?”

Irina ignores him and goes on with a raised voice, “What do you think that you are doing, huh? Idiot! Didn’t I tell you to stay at the apartment? It isn’t just your life that you put in danger with your selfish behavior…”

“Selfish behavior? Did you really think that I would sit in that lousy apartment all day and count the cockroaches that cross my way while somebody else lives my life.” Vaughn yells and runs his hands through his hair.

After this little outburst everyone’s mouths are gapping, including Sydney.

She stares at Vaughn not knowing what to think or say.

He’s wearing a shabby gray coat, a T-shirt that once might have been yellow, and a dirty pair of jeans. His hair is nearly black and his normally clean shaved cheeks are covered in stubble. The stubble isn’t long enough to cover a quite big bruise on the left side of his face. Although she hasn’t seen him like this before, he looks somehow familiar to her.

Then their eyes meet.

Time seems to stand still.

She tries to avert her gaze but he doesn’t let her. His green eyes captivate her. They captivate her heart once and again.

His sparkling green eyes, that showed no emotion at all an hour ago, are now like an open book to her.
She can see so many unanswered questions in his eyes. She can see hurt and there‘s also a blink of hope but above this all she can see love. A deep and true love.

Jack clears his throat and the moment is gone.

Syd tears her gaze away from Vaughn. Her heart races in her chest and her cheeks blush slightly. She can’t believe it, after all that has happened, after all he has said and done, he still has this effect on her. She knows that he’s just playing with her. All the emotions that reflected from his eyes were fake like their whole relationship had been one.

She wants to shout at him. She wants to hurt him. She wants to hate him.

But she can’t because she’s still falling for him.

She still loves him.

But somehow she will get rid of these unwanted feelings. Somehow she will manage to forget him.

She shakes off these thoughts and then she turns to her father and says, “I think it’s really time to call Kendall. We should let him know that we have caught one of the CIA’s most wanted persons!”

She makes an attempt to tie her mother up when Jack tells her to stop. “I think we should not overreact here. We should hear what Irina and Agent Vaughn have to say and I have to make one thing clear. I was shot yes, but it wasn’t by your mother!”

Syd gives him a shocked look. “Who was it then?”

“I don’t know. I have no clear memories of the events right before I was shot. But why do you think that it was your mother who tried to kill me?”

“Kendall told me and Agent Weiss gave me the details.” With that she describes what Eric has told her. “Agent Pierce was sent to help you to watch over Sark until the team arrives. That would bring him to the security wing of the CIA but when the team finally arrived Sark had disappeared. Several bullets have hit Pierce and you. Pierce said that it was a woman who wore a mask. She shot at you both and then she freed Sark. Agent Pierce was absolutely sure that it had been Irina Derevko.“

“Very interesting!” Jack frowns.

“Do you think Pierce has something to do with the shooting?” Sydney wants to know.

“You think he’s a mole or something like that?” Jack answers with another question.

Syd shrugs her shoulders but before she can say something Irina begins to speak.

“I’m sorry to interrupt your conversation, speculations, or whatever you might call that and of course I’m very happy indeed, that my innocence is proven now.”

Syd makes a grunting noise as her mother uses the word innocence.

“But I think it’s time that Sydney takes the gun out of my face and that somebody asks Agent Vaughn in and let him take a seat. He’s still not fully recovered. I also don’t think that any of us want somebody eavesdrop on the upcoming conversation.” With that she looks at Jack expectantly.

“I think this time you should do what your mother says Sydney. So come here, give me the gun, and sit down here.“ Then he moves a bit aside so that Syd can sit down next to him on his bed.

Sydney looks from him to her mother then to Vaughn and back to Jack. She doesn’t know if this is a wise decision but she’s to tired to offer resistance. She slowly lowers the gun and finally walks to the bed of her father she hesitantly hands him the gun and sits down.

Then Jack signals Vaughn to come in, “Please take a seat Agent Vaughn.“

Vaughn closes the door and limps to his assigned chair.

Irina, who is still kneeling on the ground, clears her throat to get Jack’s attention. He turns his face towards her and gestures her to get up. She gives him a pleasant smile and sits down next to Vaughn.

There’s a short silence before Jack asks, “So who wants to begin?”

Vaughn clears his throat and then he turns to Sydney, “I don’t know what happened in the grocery store and I don’t know what he said to you. That doesn’t matter anymore. As long as you believe me that that person wasn’t me! I never set a foot in the store. I waited near your car for you. I waited for the right moment to tell you that the Vaughn you have found and rescued wasn’t me.”

Sydney and Jack give him a puzzled look. Irina notices that and a tiny smile appears on her face, then she says to Vaughn, “Agent Vaughn, this sounds very confusing and Sydney and Jack won’t…”

“Wait, what do you mean? It wasn’t you in the store. It wasn’t you that I found and rescued?” Syd interrupts her mother.

She’s watching him while he seems to search for the right words. She’s thinking about the things he has just told her and suddenly she comes to a conclusion but Jack is quicker.

“They have doubled you!“ He blurted out.

Sydney gasps. Her eyes have never left him like his have never left hers.

“This is true? Isn’t it?“ She whispers, tears are glistering in the corner of her eyes. “This is really true?”

He nods his head then he slowly gets up and walks up to her. He kneels down in front of her and takes her hand into his.

Their eyes are still locked.

A little shy smile appears on his face and a sob escapes from Syd’s mouth. He leads her hands to his lips and kisses them gently and then she takes them away from his. Tears are streaming down her cheeks.

He wants to get up but she doesn’t let him. She takes his face in to her hands and lowers her face next to his and the last thing she sees before she closes her own eyes are his beautiful green eyes that are looking expectantly at her. Then their lips melt into a tender kiss.

Jack makes a grunting noise to show his disapproval but they ignore him.

After weeks of separation they finally have found each other again.

After torture and hiding he can finally hold her in his arms again.

After all the happenings of the past hour he’s still hers. He hasn’t betrayed her.

The tears are still streaming down her face but these are tears of happiness and relieve. A few minutes ago she thought she had lost everything. She thought that their love had been a lie. She thought that she was completely alone but that isn’t true.

He’s here with her. He’s always been with her. In her heart she should have known the truth.

She stops kissing him and pulls away a bit. “I’m sorry!”She whispers.

The well known wrinkles appear on his forehead when he asks her, “Sorry? What for?”

“Because I really thought it was you. Because I didn’t even take it into consideration that that couldn’t be you.” She sobs. “I should have known that you would never say such things to me. That you would never go back to Alice. I should have known.”

“Shhh.” Vaughn tries to calm her down. “Syd…”

Another sob escapes her mouth when he calls her Syd. “I should have known Vaughn! This man…he…he never called me Syd like you always use to do. I really should have known. I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay Syd. Nobody blames you for that. Nobody!” Then he wraps his arms around her and hugs her tightly, while he whispers soft words of comfort into her ear.

Irina smiles and looks at Jack, who lets out an exaggerating sigh and turns his eyes ostentatiously towards the ceiling, which causes his wife to laugh out loud.

Suddenly the door bursts open. “Now that’s what I call a nice fine family meeting!”

:thinking:

That was great ... omg why do you have to leave us with yet another cliffhanger ... aww so glad Syd knows the truth ... love Jack and Irinas reactions to Syd and Vaughns reunion ... wounder whos at the door ... Sark? EvilVaughn? EvilFrancie? who know ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Oh how I've missed this little ficlet! :smiley:

“This is true? Isn’t it?“ She whispers, tears are glistering in the corner of her eyes. “This is really true?”

He nods his head then he slowly gets up and walks up to her. He kneels down in front of her and takes her hand into his.

A little shy smile appears on his face and a sob escapes from Syd’s mouth. He leads her hands to his lips and kisses them gently and then she takes them away from his. Tears are streaming down her cheeks.

He wants to get up but she doesn’t let him. She takes his face in to her hands and lowers her face next to his and the last thing she sees before she closes her own eyes are his beautiful green eyes that are looking expectantly at her. Then their lips melt into a tender kiss.

Awww....... :love:

“It’s okay Syd. Nobody blames you for that. Nobody!” Then he wraps his arms around her and hugs her tightly, while he whispers soft words of comfort into her ear.
Irina smiles and looks at Jack, who lets out an exaggerating sigh and turns his eyes ostentatiously towards the ceiling, which causes his wife to laugh out loud

Hahah! I :love: Jack! ;)

Suddenly the door bursts open. “Now that’s what I call a nice fine family meeting!”

Aww.. s***! Another cliffy! :devil:

Great Chap
I LOVED IT
Cant wait for more

:laughbounce:

That's amazing!!!!!

"This is true? Isn’t it?“ She whispers, tears are glistering in the corner of her eyes. “This is really true?”

Aww so sweet!!

Can't wait for more!

Thanks for the PM

Back