When I Close My Eyes

Ok, here's the next chapter, i hope you like it. I'll post another one later tonight since i haven't posted in a while. Please tell me what you think, even if you dont like it, and as always, ideas are welcome! Do ya'll think i should do a chapter in syd POV? tell me what you think and please review!
The song is 'The Healing Kind' sung by Lee Ann Womack. Enjoy!

Starin’ out the window at the sinkin’ sun
Another painful day is done
If I could convince myself I was over you now
I’d find a way to go on somehow

As he stared out of the window, he thought about what he would do to have her back. The sunset was such a peaceful time in his day. It was a time for him to think. Danielle was a good match for him. She understood him and she knew what he had gone through. He wanted to be happy, and he knew she could make him happy. But he didn't want to give up on Sydney. He just didn't believe that she was really dead.

But the pain just grows stronger every day
I think of you and I’m on my way
Down memory lane with your hand in mine
Guess I’m just not the healing kind

Whenever he was ready to pop the question to Danielle, he always started thinking about her. He couldn't get her out of his head.

Another December and the cold wind blows
And nights without you are so long
I stare at our picture through the firelight’s glow
And where you are right now I just don’t know

CHristmas Eve. It always made him think of Project Christmas, and how after Syd found out about it, she came to the office for comfort from him. That was his first clue about how much they cared about each other. He figured that Danielle was expecting a proposal for her Christmas Present. He still hadn't decided if she would get one yet. He had already bought the ring, butr he still hadn't given it to her.

But the pain just grows stronger every day
I think of you and I’m on my way
Down memory lane with your hand in mine
Guess I’m just not the healing kind

He couldn't get over her. It just seemed impossible.

Do ya'll like it? ihave a couple of ideas in my head, i just gotta write them down. Also, it you have any songs u think i could use for his story, please tell me cuz im gonna try to make it a whol song fic story. It will turn out happy in the end. (i hope) Thanks again and please review!

Wow...you are VERY talented.....it's awesome!!! I've just started reading it and it's made me cry....especially the first two chapters...and the songs fit the chapters so well...you're doing great!!! (y) (y) (y)

:dogrun:

i'm really glad y'all like it. i'll try to have the next chapter or two up by tomorrow.we just got out of shool so i'll have plenty of time to write more chapters, but my computer keeps screwing up so it might take a little longer

ok, here's the next chapter, sorry i didn't get it up last night, but i had the opportunity to see a really good friend who is going to be out of the country all summer, so here it is. i hope you like it! The song is Why They Call it Falling by Lee Ann Womack
A/N: this kind of takes place throughout Syd and Vaughn's relationship, then ends up at the end of the Telling. And Vaughn did decide to marry Danielle.
Hope you like it!

Syd's POV

It’s like jumping, it’s like leaping
It’s like walking on the ceiling
It’s like floating, it’s like flying
Through the air
It’s like soaring, it’s like gliding
It’s a rocket ship you’re riding
It’s a feeling that can take you anywhere

(after phase one)
SD-6 was gone. Now she could be with the man of her dreams! Finally, it was getting to be too much. She was floating on air.

So why they call it falling
Why they call it falling
Why they call it falling
I don’t know

How could there be anyone who wasn't happy right now, she thought. Life would be absolutely perfect if Sloane and Sark were apprehended. Even though they weren't, Vaughn was having dinner at her house tonight. And she was VERY happy.

There was passion, there was laughter
The first morning after
I just couldn’t get my feet to touch the ground
Everytime we were together
We talked about forever
I was certain it was Heaven
We had found

Their dinner had been great! Even though they didn't get to eat. It was still perfect. Vaughn was sso great for her.

Why they call it falling
Why they call it falling
I don’t know

I'm going to Santa Barbara! I"m going to Santa Barbara! was what Syd was singing to herself after she got out of the car. Life was great!

But you can’t live your life
Walking in the clouds
Sooner or later
You have to come down

Francie was the double? What? How can this be true? Were the general thoughts running through Syd's head as she went to her bedroom to retrieve your gun. Before she knew it, her and Francie were fighting, and then Francie was dead. And she fainted.

It’s like a knife through the heart
When it all comes apart
It’s like someone takes a pin
To your balloon

Then she woke up in Hong Kong.

It’s a hole, it’s a cave
It’s kinda like a grave
When he tells you that he’s found somebody new

"Syd, you've been gone for almost two years."

"Why do you have that ring on Vaughn. And don't change the subject."

"I got married. About two months ago," he said, in an almost apologetic voice.

"Don't be sorry, you deserve to move on. I did. But then again, I knew Danny was dead. And, i wasn't married after two years. I had just started dating. But you've already gotten married. How long did you look for me before you moved on?" she said calmly.

"Syd-" he started.

"No, i don't care, and i don't want to hear it."

Why they call it falling
Why they call it falling
Now I know
Now I know
[/I]

Six Months Later

aww that was just sad!!! i really like the format of your chap and that song was so perfect for it! great job and hope you get more up soon!!

Sorry y'all, i accidentally press a wrong key. here's the rest of the chapter.

Six Months Later

After she went home, and through endless debrief, and a lot of other stuff like regression therepy she still couldn't remember anything. She avoided Vaughn and his wife, but she Will, and Wiess became really good friends. She also got closer to her dad.
Now, she was in New York City, having quit her CIA job, and was now what she had wanted to be for a long time. A teacher. She taught 7th grade in the outskirts of the city. Everything was great, but she still hadn't gotten over the hurt Vaughn had caused her. But, she pushed it to the back of her mind and acted like nothing was wrong.

Ok, did y'all like it? its not the end. and don't get mad at me about vaughn being married. i have it all planned out and will post the mext chapter either tomorrow or early next week cuz im going out of town this weekend. PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!

The song is Where Would You Be by Martina McBride

Danielle's POV

I wonder where your heart is
'Cause it sure don't feel like it's here
Sometimes I think you wish
That I would just disappear
Have I got it all wrong
Have you felt this way long
Are you already gone

Why was Michael always so distant? She knew he had been through terrible ordeals recently, but he had seemed to come around finally. Then, right after their honeymoon, he was called away to Hong Kong, and when he came back, he was even more distant than before. He always seemed to be thinking about someone else. She knew that he would never cheat on her, but that didn't make her feel any better. Or was she just imagining it?

Do you feel lonely
When you're here by my side
Does the sound of freedom
Echo in your mind
Do you wish you were by yourself
Or that I was someone else
Anyone else

At night when he was asleep, she would hear him say someone's name softly in his dreams. But it was never loud enough to hear what name it was. Other times, when he thought she was asleep in the wee hours of the morning, she would hear him get up and call someone named Jack. He would talk to him for quite awhile, then hang up and come back to bed, relieved. He always seemed to want her to be someone else. But she couldn't.

Where would you be
If you weren't here with me
Where would you go
If you were single and free
Who would you love
Would it be me
Where would you be

Sometimes, when she would get really down, wondering about this, she would ask herself questions. Like, if her and Michael hadn't gotten married, or even engaged. Would he have dumped her and be with someone else? Or would he still be with her?

I don't wanna hold you back
No I don't wanna slow you down
I don't wanna make you feel
Like you are tied up and bound
'Cause that's not what love's about
If there's no chance we can work it out
Tell me now
Oh, tell me tell me now

She didn't want to be married to a man who was only married to her and didn't love her. She didn't want it to be out of pity. If he didn't want to be married to her, then he should say something, not string her along. She really wanted him to do what he wants to do. But does he know that?

Where would you be
Where would you go
Who would you love
Would it be me
Where would you be

One day, about a year after the fateful trip to Hong Kong, she was driving home from her sister's house along a narrow highway, thinking about it. She had talked to her sister about it and her sister had told her to confront him about it.

Have I become the enemy
Is it hard to be yourself
In my company

He never seemed to be happy with her. Every smiled seemed to be forced. Every time she hugged him, he always seemed so stiff. He just didn't seem to care.

Where would you be
Where would you go
Who would you love
Would it be me
Where would you be

I will talk to him tonight and get him to tell me everything, she thought. She would keep pushing no mater how hard he pushed her away. She either had to know or she would go crazy. She wasn't paying attention to her driving. But am I being paranoid? She thought as she flew around a tight curve. She saw the tractor trailer too late. Her eyes were open in terror as she broke through the guardrail and rolled down the steep hill.

Did you like it? I love reviews! good or bad! PLEASE review!!! I'll have the next chapter up soon. Probably on Monday, cuz i'll be out of town this weekend.

Wow, these are great! Wait, did you say after the fateful trip to Hong Kong? As in Vaughn goes back to her? For a year?!? Oh well, good job!

Kate_Jones- by fateful tripto Hong Kong, i meant that he fot really distant ater that, which drove her crazy. sorry for the confusion. Thanks for reviewing!!!

sorry, i had really bad writers block abd we had family in and i can't get on the compiuter when we do but i'll have the next chapter up really soon. hope everyone had a good 4th!

Back