When it's over

alias_g

Cadet
So this is my second entry for the shorty challange ^_^

Title: When it's over
Lyrics: Snow Patrol "You Could Be Happy"
Word count: 439 (with lyrics)
Word: absence

A/N: This story is written from Sydney's perspective.

When it's over

You could be happy and I won't know
But you weren't happy the day I watched you go

It’s been almost a year and I haven’t heard from you since the day you closed the door on us, Michael. I remember the sorrow but I’m sure you have healed by now. I don’t know where you are, what you are thinking or doing but I miss you and I hate myself for it each and every day.

And all the things that I wished I had not said
Are played in loops 'till it's madness in my head

I see now what a fool I’ve been and I am ashamed for all the guilt I placed on your shoulders simply out my own selfishness. I heard what you spoke but I never truly listened to what you said.

Is it too late to remind you how we were
But not our last days of silence, screaming, blur

Little by little everything we once loved crumbled before our eyes. We couldn’t save the happier days and maybe we were not supposed to but it is still unfortunate.

Most of what I remember makes me sure
I should have stopped you from walking out the door

I finally realised what we shared was something special the day the reality of you never coming back sunk in but by then it was too late to start over.

You could be happy, I hope you are
You made me happier than I'd been by far

You saved me from myself and gave me hope for a better life. You brought light to the darkness within me and for that I am forever grateful.

Somehow everything I own smells of you
And for the tiniest moment it's all not true

When I close my eyes I can almost feel you near and though I threw away the gifts you gave me your presence still lingers within everything I own.

Do the things that you always wanted to
Without me there to hold you back, don't think, just do

You are free now so I hope you can fulfil all of your crazy dreams without me there slowing you down with my need to feel safe besides being loved.

More than anything I want to see you go
Take a glorious bite out of the whole world

And though at times your absence still saddens me I have forgiven both you and myself for the mess we made. My wounds are almost healed and I hope you’ll find everything you’ve been looking for just as I have found myself even though it meant losing you.

Good story even if it' sad. Being me ( means hopless S/Vshipper, romantic and sap :angelic: ) I was hopeing for happy ending for them. But you did good ;)

Back