Politics When the President Talks to God

I saw it when it aired. It's just a song. There are plenty of bands out there that have anti-Bush songs. I attended the Warped Tour last year, and pretty much every band there was anti-Bush in some form.

I was rather surprised that they let Bright Eyes sing it though. Nine Inch Nails was supposed to perform their new song at the MTV Movie Awards, and wanted to have a picture of Bush behind them (their song has several anti-Bush messages), but MTV wouldn't allow them to do it, so they dropped out.

Like Jamison said, its just a song. I suppose it could be considered an attack on the President, but its hardly radical. These days an extrodinary number of band have anti bush songs. You just don't see most of them singing on Jay Leno.

i haven't seen any this blatant before. plenty contain messages or allusions to Bush, but i haven't seen any that were this direct in their attacks.

xdancer said:
i haven't seen any this blatant before.  plenty contain messages or allusions to Bush, but i haven't seen any that were this direct in their attacks.
[post="1363255"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Maybe that's why it didn't surprise me. Because I have seen such blatent attacks at Bush before by songwriters.

I was just surprised they allowed it to air on Jay Leno. But certainly not the first band to have some strong anti-Bush messages in their song.

Itz tha Dreila said:
I don't see whats wrong with it. Its a good way to express an opinion
[post="1364132"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
i never said anything was wrong with it! i think it's amazing. what was surprosing was that it was such a direct attack on Bush and it included religion. if it had been shown on Bill Maher or Jon Stewart, i wouldn't have been surprised, but Jay Leno is on network TV and absolutely does not have a reputation of being controversial. in fact the opposite is true. that was what surprised me.

xdancer said:
i never said anything was wrong with it!  i think it's amazing.  what was surprosing was that it was such a direct attack on Bush and it included religion.  if it had been shown on Bill Maher or Jon Stewart, i wouldn't have been surprised, but Jay Leno is on network TV and absolutely does not have a reputation of being controversial.  in fact the opposite is true.  that was what surprised me.
[post="1367003"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree that was definitely surprising. I never suspected a song like that would be on mainstream tv. I'm pleased it was though.

i love bright eyes. and if people really understood what bush does then they would come to the realization that he should be impeached for his poor choices..and how he's leading our country to the ground. Music is very expressive and EVERYONE listens to it, so when a musician chooses to express their opinion in a song, it usually will encourage others. bush is just out of control.
they passed a law that no one can buy guns even with a license, many people are dying because of gangs and shootings..but NOOOOOO he couldn't agree to it ...why? BECAUSE HE'S A #$%&ING HUNTER...and he doesn't want his precious gun's to be taken away...stupid B****

it is...ok sorry but i have to take a moment and say how much i loooove oz..ok

THAT'S WHY I CAN SAY BUSH IS A f***ING TWITTY ASS *h**e WHO EATS HIS DAD'S s*** b**** MOTHER f***ER.....see freedom of speech :cool:

Back