When Turning Off Your Computer

When you shut down your computer, do you...

• turn it off completely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • put in hibernation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey, I just wondering how everyone turned their computer off cause I was reading an article that said whether you turn it off completely or just put it into hibernation, it saves about the same amount of energy. I'm not sure which operating systems let you put it into hibernation. But I know when you turn off Windows XP, you can click Shift and the Stand-by button turns to Hibernate. Ok, well, that's the question.

I've had so many computer problems, I don't turn it off at all anymore. I have a laptop, so I just close the lid. I probably should start putting it in hibernation, though, to save engergy.

the only time i leave it in 'hibernation' is when i leave to go watch a movie and come back. It usually shuts itself down, but I can turn it back on with a push of one key.

I just turn mine back on and off, or I leave it on like overnight or for the afternoon or w/e. I've never heard of hibernation. Could someone explain to me how to do it?

I don't put my computer on standby because knowing how old and stupid it is, it might never wake up :lol:

I just turn off my computer at night.. If I'm not using it in the day, but it's on, I just turn off the monitor.

Back