When Turning Off Your Computer

When you shut down your computer, do you...

• turn it off completely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • put in hibernation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
definitely turn it off completly
my computer doesnt appreciate being left on for long periods of time - so i try to keep it happy haha ^_^

:D I rarely turn mine off I would leave it on 24/7/365 connected to the net. The only time I ever restart is when it crashes (rare for win 2000) or if new updates need a restart or on loading new software. Other than that it lives on on :asleep:

I rarely turn my computer off. :lol: The last time I did that, windows xp crashed on me. Oh, Ever since I got rid of AOL, my windows xp hasn’t crashed since then. :Ponder: Maybe, that was the cause? :thinking: I'm still not turrning it off. :lol: Less the power goes out. :P

I read a little article about this a while back. I'll try to find it again. The bottom line though? If you're not using it, turn it off. Your PC's power supply sucks up quite a bit of juice while you're not lookin'.

I turn mine off unless im downloading large BitTorrent files, hibernating/standby is more for a short break say like your on your computer but need to run a errand or such, so you would leave it in its suspended mode until you return, dont leave it on hibernating for to long it can effect your RAM.

Dont worry about that, it's just a myth. Neither suspend-to-ram (standby) nor suspend-to-disk (hibernate) can harm your ram or any other hardware for that matter.

Now, if you had a bargain-bin mobo with a no-name bios and an old ailing off-brand powersupply then maybe something could happen... but no more than during normal operation. =P

Back