Where to upload "gamedata" folder?

Good to know! So if someone else comes here asking these questions I can tell them where they need to go.

Well for proper instructions... make sure the /root/internal_data/game and all containing folders are writeable by group.

Actually, I hope THEY get it working. It's been some time without an update and I'm starting to worry about it.
Ragtek currently has the reins (see the 'comments' thread) but I may have to do an update or two in the interim.

If I ever get the need for an arcade I will have a HUGE list of suggestions, bugs and fixes. Hopefully an update with them would come otherwise I would be forced to make my own, competing arcade. This one has a long way to go. Actual error checking for a start!
Feel free to post suggestions/ideas/fixes... everything is looked at. As for creating your "own competing arcade", heck, go for it instead of taking cheap shots at an early build.

Feel free to post suggestions/ideas/fixes... everything is looked at. As for creating your "own competing arcade", heck, go for it instead of taking cheap shots at an early build.
It was more anger at a post I read out of context.

Ragtek currently has the reins (see the 'comments' thread) but I may have to do an update or two in the interim.
I just asked him and it appears this isn't true.

I think by "reins" he means Ragtek was currently working on getting game commenting into the system...

He's not coordinating the overall arcade project to the best of my knowledge.

Damn... Anyone else feel that Johnny Come Lately has just a little too much attitude to deserve an answer on...well anything.

Complaining, threatening to make a competing product. Dude, read a few threads on here and you will know what the heck you are all wrong about. Despite being such a genius, you are making yourself look foolish and arrogant.

Unless you've put in some coding time or money to further this project, you have not earned the right to get angry.

Now now, be nice. He thought I was ragging on someone, which is why he had attitude. It had nothing to do with how he is as a person. In fact, he was sticking up for someone, which I think is a very laudable thing.

So lets try not to devolve into anything negative needlessly. Who knows? Maybe we'd be chasing away someone who could add something valuable to the conversation.

It was more anger at a post I read out of context.
Understood. We all have bad days.

I just asked him and it appears this isn't true.
I think by "reins" he means Ragtek was currently working on getting game commenting into the system...
He's not coordinating the overall arcade project to the best of my knowledge.
Correct. Ragtek is working on a commenting system but is not the overall coordinator (which is likely the best description for me at the moment).

On another note. Who actually owns this?
That would be me. It was born out of initially working on migrating v3 Arcade (of which I was also the owner & developer but have recently turned the project over to Brian at vBadvanced) to XF. That is why we can borrow code from v3A as needed/wanted. XF Rocks is the developer who actually wrote the core of the XF Arcade system that we are now building upon.

Everybody has days where they are quick on the reply trigger. Goodness knows there are days I type up a reply over at XF.com, pause, reread what I wrote, and then select not to save it. :D

Who knows? Maybe we'd be chasing away someone who could add something valuable to the conversation.
Robbo would be more than welcome to help out in any fashion he can. :smiley: If he'd be coming onboard as a developer, excellent! If he has found a solution for problems and posts them, excellent! If if just wants to give ideas, excellent! I would never dismiss input from anybody.

Back