Feedback Where's the review section .....

Kevin we need a review section, I will wait patiently with review in hand :smiley:

HHhhmmm..... usually in the past people posted in the forums instead of a formal review area. Are you thinking a new "Reviews" forum or a different section?

[Tagging @Azhria Lilu & @Tim for their input as well.]

Reviews that can become conversations, have feedback, are preferable to locked threads if that's what is meant by a review section? I am wary of creating a platform open to advertising usage as well.

@Kevin, a review forum would rock dude. Don't believe anyone has knocked up a review module for xenForo yet, though there's a couple of mods that look promising.

@Tim, naturally feedback, but how exactly would a review forum, as Kevin suggests, invite more advertising than any of the other fora?

@Azhria Lilu, I generally don't check out sites that have "Review" prefixes and throw the odd review in amongst regular posts. Simply don't have the time to wade through posts looking for reviews.

@Azhria Lilu, I generally don't check out sites that have "Review" prefixes and throw the odd review in amongst regular posts. Simply don't have the time to wade through posts looking for reviews.

Ahhh but you don't have to wade through posts looking for reviews, you just click on the Review prefix located at the top of the forum and it just lists the reviews and nothing else. The prefix would pertain to the first post in a thread.

Ahhh but you don't have to wade through posts looking for reviews, you just click on the Review prefix located at the top of the forum and it just lists the reviews and nothing else. The prefix would pertain to the first post in a thread.

Yes but the problem is guests aren't necessarily going to know that and to be honest reviews mixed in with normal posts simply looks like the site isn't serious.

For example, for our own new site we are going to go with some podcasting, and I've been out and about seeing what folk are doing with that. Besides the dedicated podcast sites the rule of thumb is to have a podcast area with current and past podcasts available for folk to listen to. I pretty much checked out a number of those sites but found it was too convoluted to try and find podcasts on sites that are throwing them in with news, views, and general mayhem.

The other horrid thing with podcasts, excuse the digression, is it would appear being listed on iTunes is your number one priority for no apparent reason. Personally I hate Apple's borg like approach to dominating digital music etc, but looks like we may be joining the collective.

Now all I have to do is learn not to frighten small children, women, and christians, with my trans Tasman accent ;)

I don't like podcasts :D

I think if the site was getting lots of reviews, then it'd definitely be worth having a dedicated section for reviews.. but an area just for the sake of it doesn't seem worthwhile to me. But I'm easy .. it's @Kevin's site, if he wants to add a reviews section I'm not going to complain :D

Back