Which B&W tv show was this?

I was wondering if anybody could help me figure out which tv show I'm thinking of, and perhaps the particular episode titles.

The episode I was primarily thinking of starts with a man who "dies," I believe in a car accident. He is actually just paralyzed, and sees all the paramedics and such handling his body as if he were dead, and is put into a body bag and into a morgue freezer. He perceives everything around him as clear as day, but can not react at all. If I remember correctly, they take his body out of the freezer to do an autopsy, and just as they are about to begin cutting into him, a woman sees a tear fall from his eye, indicating that he is alive.

The other episode I remember even more vaguely. I believe it is about a man who owns German Shephards and is very cruel to them, starving them to keep them vicious. Somehow, the man is kidnapped and held in a room, while his German Shephards are kept seperately. The abductors are starving the dogs, much like the owner did. The only exit from the room that the man is being kept in is a very narrow opening, sort of like a heating duct, lined with razor wire. After a few days, the starving dogs are released into their owners room, and attack him as a food source. Desperate for escape, the owner lunges into the razor wire-lined excape and meets his fate upon the blades.

Can anybody help me figure out what this television show was? I'm 99% positive both of these episodes were from the same show. I can't help much more than that, other than to say when I actually saw them about a decade ago, they almost seemed like a slightly more modern, darker version of The Twilight Zone. My wife is getting sick of my out-loud thinking about this, so it would be a help to both of us!

I was wondering if anybody could help me figure out which tv show I'm thinking of, and perhaps the particular episode titles.
Welcome to Cool Sci-Fi! :cool:

I can help with at least one of your queries...

The episode I was primarily thinking of starts with a man who "dies," I believe in a car accident. He is actually just paralyzed, and sees all the paramedics and such handling his body as if he were dead, and is put into a body bag and into a morgue freezer. He perceives everything around him as clear as day, but can not react at all. If I remember correctly, they take his body out of the freezer to do an autopsy, and just as they are about to begin cutting into him, a woman sees a tear fall from his eye, indicating that he is alive.
That is the episode titled "Breakdown" from the old "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" TV series. It dates back to the 50's so it not well known by many people.

I recognized the Hitchcock episode right away but I am drawing a blank at the moment on the second show. :(

For those curious, here's Breakdown courtesy of YouTube....

Thanks Kevin! Perhaps I'll go through the other Hitchcock episodes tomorrow and see if I find what I'm thinking of with the dogs, in case I remembered something incorrectly. I thought they were the same show, but I could be mistaken. But thanks a ton for at least the one episode! I'll be watching it with my wife as soon as I get home from work tomorrow so she can see what I've been on about!

Was this remade in colour? I remember watching a short film with the same premise, but sure it was in colour. I remember he crashed and was paralysed and they went to do an autopsy and the tear.

Was this remade in colour? I remember watching a short film with the same premise, but sure it was in colour. I remember he crashed and was paralysed and they went to do an autopsy and the tear.
It has been retold a few different times but the Hitchcock version is the first.

For the color version, you're likely thinking of Stephen King's "Autopsy Room Four" that was brought to the small screen in "Nightmares and Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King" a few years ago. King's take on it involved a guy on a golf course getting bitten by snake causing the paralysis. It was a much darker take on it.

That wasn't the one I saw. Was a different filming format, and come to think of it, it may have been a foreign version I watched (well, I did grow up round the world!)

I think it was like a central or southern american type location, foreign speaking attendants. There were images of jungles in the film where the guy was driving, the terrain wasn't flat, and the room he was 'serviced' on was definitely of the class of building you find in that zone, rather than a posh western hospital.

As with all urban myths, I'm sure this tale has been told and retold by many different countries. It's an escapable fear, leaving you helpless, an effective story.

Back