Season 3 Which cliffhanger was better?

Considering everything and WITHOUT jumping to early conclusions on the Resurrection cliffhanger, whi

• Resurrection (3.22)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Telling (2.22)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
The Telling's final cliffhanger: Sydney missed 2 years of her life, has no memory of those times and in fact woke up like all she missed was one night, and her boyfriend moved on and apparently (by the ring on Vaughn's finger), married someone else.

Resurrection's final cliffhanger: Few FACTS can be said about that cliffhanger. The first assumption that comes up to people's minds is that Jack Bristow has been faking, who knows for how long (maybe since the beginning of the show), among other things, his relationship with Sydney, and Sydney's ENTIRE life is a CIA project involving the prophecies of Rambaldi (hence, the project name, "S.A.B. [Sydney Anne Bristow], 47 Project"). Of course, we cannot jump to early conclusions since that would be ignorant for us to do, right? ;)

So vote... And before someone asks why I didn't put other options on the poll such as (I thought both were equally good), well that's because I want you to choose one of them!

ok...the missing two years was a big cliff hanger...this was a little tiny one....like when syd saw her mom for the first time in about 20 some odd years. sooooo I think season 2's cliff hanger was a lot better....the papers did nothing for me....nothing but than I don't know if Lauren died...I hope she did but we kinda need her just for Vaughn to kill her be o well. and what happened to Marshall. whoops off topic anyways ya second season *4 thumbs up* :blink: this season *1 thumb up*

What about Season One's? To be fair, including that one wouldn't be a bad idea but whatever, it's your poll.

I'd say the Telling - this one with the papers left me more confused because we have hardly anything to go off on - whereas when Vaughn walked into that room and told she was missing for two years AND he was married - that was such a :jawdrop: moment. I wasn't feeling that with this one at all.

I loved the season 3 cliffhanger much more. Season 2's came out of nowhere. There was nothing leading up to it. It was pulled out of thin air. But Resurrection was based upon a relationship that was built over three years that has been tested so many times. A relationship incomparable to Sydney and Vaughn's.

This one had me so much more befuddled than The Telling. In that one we found out she was missing two years with no memory and Vaughn was married - which was pretty definite. Yeah, there were the questions of where was she, why doesn't she remember, and Vaughn's married?

But tonight, the whole father/daughter relationship that has been built up this season could easily be torn apart by whatever was on those papers. However, we don't really know a whole lot about what is going on with this "project"...

I voted for Resurrection, only because it has left me so confused...which I suppose was the idea -_-

I liked season 2 more. It was more climatic. Season 3's cliffhanger, I think I can wait till January. Wait I take that back.

i'm a HUGE alias fan, been devoted since the first epi, but this season's start was quite rocky and even with the few good epis toward the end, i was highly disappointed with the season finale, if we can even call it that. I'll call it the season crappale. what a waste of 22 epis to only end with that??!? instead of making me wonder what's going on it just pissed me off! from the unbelieve masks to vaugh being stabbed yet showing up in a matter of hours and finding syd and then jack showing up right as syd was reading "what she shouldnt have read" when he could have probably stopped her since he had enough time to find out she was there and dress the part of an evil man. why is it that when people go evil or have bad news (aka lauren) they dress in black, usually leatherish/turtle necks, wear dark makeup and have slicked back weird hair. seriously, this is too cliche and stupid...i figured with the alias they would have had a smarter ending than what i waited 3 weeks to watch. VERY DISAPPOINTED! it sucked.

:lol: kimira, i love how you hit the "bad guy outfit" right on the nail, it's true, all the bad characters wear black :lol:

I liked the telling a lot more, it had more of a cliffhanger but this season finale was alright, i think they just want to leave their (jj) options open for any script changing that they want to make- hopefully next year's season will be much better, now that they have taken an extra 4 months, to devote to the script ;)

Alias will be on top notch soon again :groupwave:

Ok well it depends on the definition of "better"-->
I voted for reurrection because it ended (the scene before the cliffhanger) with Syd and Vaughn making out :woot: :love: YIPPIE
and then the whole jack thing - while intrigueing didnt leave liek 3000 ppl lives in the blance (except marshall *stiff* :( ) and it was just kinda cool
But w/ the telling it just kinda left you like :wtf: :thud: And made me want to go on a murderous rage b/c vaughn was married to the evil cow. But it could most definatly be argued that the telling was better just because of the shock value of it.... but still I had to go w/ reurrection b/c s/v were together :P :cool:

Yeah the season two cliffhanger was great but i would have to say this years is better just for the plain fact that it doesn't tell you much, that is a good cliffhanger!

this is difficult and i havent voted yet cos i think the resurection finale is gonna take a while to sink in - the difference in the two was the impact from the telling was instantaneous gut drop - simply :wtf: and an instant reaction of sadness and lostness for syd. resurrection on the other hand was a more quiet ending - and the full extent of the possible outcomes from this finale is still only really beginning to sink in for me.

so if i was to vote on instant reaction - i would say the telling - cos i felt physically sick last year - in shock.

but this year - i think long term the questions coming out of the finale could be more crazy. i mean jacks her dad.

and since the question is which was better - i am not sure i can vote - cos what is better?? :thinking:

The Telling defintely!

I really didn't like this cliffhanger, or this episode at all. It was confusing and all over the place. I think that they tried to cram too much information in this year.

The Telling...definitely.

which is ok by me, since we have to wait much longer this time! I don't know if I would have made it 8 months on last year's finale!!

This was a hard one to answer because they were both great for different reasons. The Telling certainly had shock value for the cliffhanger.... but I voted for Resurrection. I guess because of the possible upending of the father/daughter relationship and what will become of it.

jems said:
this is difficult and i havent voted yet cos i think the resurection finale is gonna take a while to sink in - the difference in the two was the impact from the telling was instantaneous gut drop - simply :wtf: and an instant reaction of sadness and lostness for syd. resurrection on the other hand was a more quiet ending - and the full extent of the possible outcomes from this finale is still only really beginning to sink in for me.

so if i was to vote on instant reaction - i would say the telling - cos i felt physically sick last year - in shock.

but this year - i think long term the questions coming out of the finale could be more crazy. i mean jacks her dad.
I agree completely. "The Telling" was the true definition of cliffhanger, and wins for sheer shock value. But this year's has the potential to truly alter the character relationships more than last year's. And I have to say I actually prefer this year's ending, simply because it didn't make me sick or depressed like the last one. I think they were kind to leave us with something that won't torture us till next January. Yeah, it's going to be thought-provoking to figure out what's going on with Jack, but like most other things in the Jack/Syd relationship, it seems likely (to me at least) that it'll turn out that this is another instance of Jack protecting Sydney and doing what he thought was best for her.

So I voted for "The Telling," but I thank the Powers that Be that we didn't have a repeat of that this year.

Back