Season 3 Which cliffhanger was better?

Considering everything and WITHOUT jumping to early conclusions on the Resurrection cliffhanger, whi

• Resurrection (3.22)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Telling (2.22)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
SiriCerasi said:
But it *is* a cliffhanger you guys! It's not a hit you in the face one, it's more subtle, which I think is much more interesting. In the telling it was completely open ended, anything could happen. It was completely random and out of the blue and we had no context for it or any sort of connection to it. But this one has a lot behind it, the years behind Jack and Sydney's relationship, and so many other questions that it brings out. The more you think about it the more it becomes a cliffhanger :lol:
but the idea of a cliffhanger is that it leaves you HANGing. they arent supposed to be subtle, they are supposed to be open ended with many possibilites. thats the way cliffhangers are.

the only thing i really want to know about this one is is jack covenant? or a rambaldi follower? or is he just in on that stuff or had been in the pest? but thats nothing i cant wait to find out. its not that big of a deal, im just curious. The Telling killed me. i cried! and all summer i sat around thinking of all the possible solutions! that's a cliffhanger!

^sounds like it was open ended with many questions and possibilities, even if you can wait to find out. ;)

Definition of cliffhanger (as found on dictionary.com):
A melodramatic serial in which each episode ends in suspense.
A suspenseful situation occurring at the end of a chapter, scene, or episode.
A contest so closely matched that the outcome is uncertain until the end.

Now - you can think The Telling is a better cliffhanger, I'm not saying that you shouldn't ^_^
But Resurrection was a cliffhanger by definition. We don't know what was on that paper, so the ending was suspensful and the outcome is uncertain...

Cliffhangers don't have to be so glaringly obvious - they can be subtle. I personally love the subtle kind because generally they don't hit you right away. I know I'm so much more intrigued still over this season's ending. The Telling's end just didn't appeal to me...I mean - I was curious as to what Sydney had been doing for 2 years and why she didn't remember - but the Vaughn marriage didn't leave me with a jawdrop. The possibilities with Jack, however, are making my head spin. I love it!

The telling was definetly more shocking...I was happier w/ this one S/V wise tho. The only thing that makes this a little shocking is Jack standing there telling her she was never meant to see that, and Syd crying. Obviously it's a big deal. But the fact that the cliffhanger was on a piece of paper we mostly didn't see was a little disappointing. I wish more had been told by Lauren during their fight. I was on the edge of my seat, waiting for what Laruren had to say. I really liked her this ep, as an evil person. It's almost like she's one of those people who didn't want to be in the life she's in, but she's accepted it, and in turn is evil to preserve her own life (until now). I was a little worreid that Laruen would shoot one of them and the "Vaughn's life will be hanging in the balance" (AGAIN!), but it was a classic horror movie ending, and the good guys were smart enough to know she wasn't quite dead yet. I'm curious to see where S/V will go next season, as they still ahve issues and the show still needs romantic TENSION between them to keep it going. THey can't just BE together. Hmmmmmm........

I think the Telling was better. That was really evil of them. I remember almost fainting... 2 years... woah. That blew my mind away. This one is also good, but as a cliffhanger, it could have been better. I heard they went a little lighter on us though because we have to wait 7 months for the next episode.

I think the Telling was better. This cliffhanger that Jack had a secret agenda that involved Sydney.. whoohoo, we have never seen that before... ;) I didn't think it was all that good..

After both finales I was like :wtf: :confused:
but in my opinion, The Telling was better even though it drove me crazy...but the Ressurection one is probabaly gonna lead to better episodes next season...because there is sucha awide variety of possibilities...so I'm looking forward to the outcome of this cliffhanger more.....The Telling's cliffhanger just made me go...WOAH...and I kept feeling like there isno possible explanation ...

i think the telling was the better one because when syd reawoke we didn't have a clue what was going on. then vaughn told her that she was gone for 2 years. we started to wonder what happened whats going on . i was so confussed. but this ending we didn't get enough info to really want to know more.

i thought that season 2's was better, but this one was still good. now i understand about all the 47 references..."project 47". this season's was pretty good, with jack walking in on her reading the documents, and Lauren falling down the mine shaft (is she coming back?), and the S/V kiss, but in general Season 2's was the best cuz you didn't know what was really going on and everything was confusing.

This cliffhanger wouldn't be so bad if we didnt have to wait 8 months but even with that I think finding out you have been missing for 2 years and that your true love is married to someone else is worse.

I'm voting on which will resolve better . . . and since the first half of this season was, frankly, a partial mess--which could be partially blamed on the story problems set up by the cliffhanger--I'm going to say this one is better, anticipating a more satisfactory resolution. (Note to writers: It took 1/2 a season to resolve part a of the cliffhanger and an entire season to resolve part b--that is, if Lauren's dead--that's too long. You should resolve at least part of the cliffhanger within a few episodes--or at least make noticeable progress.)
;)

The Telling gets my vote. It was so shocking...I was like :shock: :thud: WHAT!?!?!? What do you mean it's 2 yrs later and Vaughn married!!! What happened!?!?

Ressurection I was more like, oh I wonder what's in those papers and what's SpyDaddy done now??

Even though I think The Telling was a better cliffhanger, ulitmately I think the ramifications of what's in those papers are going to be far greater that what happened in The Telling and make for a better season 4 than season 3.

Last years was so much better than this years. I mean Lauren almost kicked Syd's butt and then it ends with Syd looking at a piece of paper. That's kind of boring if you ask me. lol.

the telling was definitely the best cliffhanger - the telling left you shocked and saying "holy sh--" to yourself all summer. i could not WAIT till the new season (and honestly i really really liked the first episode of season three - went drastically downhill from there.) "the telling" may actually be one of the best cliffhangers ever in my mind (and i'm older probably than most of you who correspond to this message board)

the telling was shocking and new. i thought "resurrection" was ridiculous in many ways: while i enjoyed watching lauren die, that whole "shooting her a hundred times, but wait she's not dead, shoot her some more" was just like out of a silly horror movie. and the masks: very very silly.

i did like the whole syd/vaughn kiss though.

the best part of "the resurrection" is again this question over whether jack is evil. personally i think jack is neither evil or good: that's one thing that's been consistant through the whole series. i think he's probably a rambaldi believer like sloane who saw that his daughter was the "one" so he had to prepare her in every way for her inevitable future. (no matter how bad or how evil. it was destiny that he couldnt' control)

the worst part of "the resurrection" was just the ridiculous fight between lauren and syd - i'm sorry but lauren is no alison/francie. that fight from "the telling" between evil francie and syd was fantastic - i think the writers basically said "we need another girl fight for the season finale" - you can't do that again - once something is so great it just looks like you're copying yourself (showing a lack of imagination)

i SINCERELY hope lauren is dead. i thought her character got much better when she "turned" evil but the whole storyline was impossibly lame from the start and made any enjoyment i had over her evil character muted.

As was mentioned earlier, the end of season 2 had nothing to do with season 2 but was more like the begining of a season 3 of an entirely different show. Bolt from the blue. Shock value only. The season 2 finale episode was very well done, including the Alison/Syd fight, but obviously if it had ended with Syd on the floor passed out... that would have been kind of flat... literally.

Tack the bank/papers scene at the end of season 3 onto the end of season 2 somehow and you have something. Season 4 has good possibilities. Season 3 should be skipped.

Season 1 had the best finale related to a story in progress. Vaughn dead(?) Sydney captured and in peril(?) Newly discovered Ma Bristow behind it all(?) Big implications related to a story the audience knew about.

Back