Season 3 Which cliffhanger was better?

Considering everything and WITHOUT jumping to early conclusions on the Resurrection cliffhanger, whi

• Resurrection (3.22)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Telling (2.22)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
AliasALIAS said:
I loved the season 3 cliffhanger much more. Season 2's came out of nowhere. There was nothing leading up to it. It was pulled out of thin air. But Resurrection was based upon a relationship that was built over three years that has been tested so many times. A relationship incomparable to Sydney and Vaughn's.
TOTALLY. That's why I'm surprised to see that a bunch of people have voted for The Telling, which was good but not nearly as good as Resurrection's.

75% of the votes for The Telling. Probably a ton of shippers, or maybe they just didn't like the fact that Jack seemed evil (or that there really wasn't much explained).

i understand what you're saying and i voted for The Telling but that had nothing to do with me being a shipper. i know it came out of nowhere but cliffhangers can be that way sometimes. the idea is that it takes you by surprise. and The Telling definitely did that. to me it doesnt matter what relationship the scene was based on, it just matters how shocking it is. and i think the fact that sydney and jack's relationship had been tested so many times made it even less shocking.

I voted for The Telling, but I think they are pretty much tied.

The reason I think The Telling was better was becuase it came out of nowhere and shocked the pants off everybody. :D Nobody saw it coming.

The more we've learnt over the last three seasons, the more likely it seems that Sydney is some sort of project. She appears in all of the Rambaldi things, everybody seems to want to study her, and everybody seems to want her on their side. This discovery (in the finale) is kind of a progression of this storyline.

I think the Resurrection cliffhanger has opened up so many new possibilities, but it didn't blow me away the way the Telling one did.

I don't think shippers would be the ones to vote for The Telling necessarily. In fact, I think they would hate The Telling because Vaughn ended up married at the end.

hotpot said:
I don't think shippers would be the ones to vote for The Telling necessarily. In fact, I think they would hate The Telling because Vaughn ended up married at the end.
damn straight! thats why i voted for resurrection :P

Natalia said:
I voted for The Telling, but I think they are pretty much tied.

The reason I think The Telling was better was becuase it came out of nowhere and shocked the pants off everybody. :D Nobody saw it coming.

The more we've learnt over the last three seasons, the more likely it seems that Sydney is some sort of project. She appears in all of the Rambaldi things, everybody seems to want to study her, and everybody seems to want her on their side. This discovery (in the finale) is kind of a progression of this storyline.

I think the Resurrection cliffhanger has opened up so many new possibilities, but it didn't blow me away the way the Telling one did.
i agree with all of that

kimira said:
i'm a HUGE alias fan, been devoted since the first epi, but this season's start was quite rocky and even with the few good epis toward the end, i was highly disappointed with the season finale, if we can even call it that. I'll call it the season crappale. what a waste of 22 epis to only end with that??!?
yeah i agree. i LOVE alias and i'll always love it and support it... but that was NOT a great finale at all. actually my favorite finale was the first season finale so i didn't even vote. last season's finale was good because it was like WHAT??? Syd lost two years of her life??? what happened to her??

but the whole thing with her father at the end is just like... writers being desperate to write something. and i love her father. they've already had so many problems in the past, i don't get why the writers are just trying to come up with more stuff like that. they should just end it there and then start on something new.

no wonder alias lost 800,000 viewers and isn't coming back until january.

the telling is wat i voted. its also 1 of my fave eppys. the telling waz good b/c syd found out she waz missing and then vaughn wore the gold ring indicating he waz married. when he walked in the door i saw he waz wearin a gold ring b4 he said nethin and i'm like, holy s***, he's married. but in the season finale resurrection, the cliffhanger kind of sucked. jack covenant or not. lauren dead or not. easily answered ?s, lauren's more than likely gonna get juiced up w/ that rambaldi stuff and jack is more than likely not covenant.

The Telling. They had a million different ways that they could have taken the story. While Resurrection has opened some doors of plotlines, ultimately you know that whatever Jack did, he did to protect Sydney despite how betrayed she feels.

Hello? It was so season 2 all the way! This one came out of the blue. So Jack is bad? Syd is not really his daughter? What is going on? Where did this come from? Too many out there questions. At least The Telling was interesting and sort of closed a door and closed some others.

to me it was resurrection, because of the stuff that started popping into my head as she was in the room. I personally like stuff that is a little more subtle, and season 2's is really out of left field, its about as subtle as a baseball bat over the head. I also agree that the s2 cliffhanger helped make s3 a "shamockery" (miller lite guy) but this one leaves me feeling like were heading into some season 1 territory, which I'm not complaining about.

I personally believe that then the two year plot line will get total closure as well and possibly rambaldi by the middle of next season. I personally think that there will be a phase one esq shift in the shows direction sometime next year, to where I don't know however.

Besides if theres one thing about alias there could be a road that is obvious but at its best that road isn't taken, or it takes a really a really fun detour. Personally I think theres a detour in store for 4x1.....

by far the telling. This year i was quite disappointed in the ended. Not much emotion impact. Not to mention the fight scene with francie was a 100X better than the one with lauren.

This years cliffhanger did give alot of questions, but sydney missing for 2 years, brings up so much more. i love shock, which one gave more? lol season two :smiley:

Season Finale's annoy me because I have to wait soo long before I can see what happens.
While I prefer The Telling, Resurrection was fantastic in that way too. Both left me guessing incredibly, but The Telling actually let us in on the fact that Syd was missing for two years. With Resurrection, there was nothing to go on. It was a piece of paper and we dont know what it is.

Personally, I think its a clever thing. We have no clue as to what it could be, and because this is Alias, there are so many loose ends it could be anything. So, it becomes more torture because this time we have to wait longer than usual.

The Telling didn't leave us as in the dark as Resurrection - that is why it gets my vote. In reality, they are both great though.

the telling ending was so much better after the resurrection ending me and my brother just sat there and he turned around and said "what the hell was that, that wasn't a season ending come on they could have done way better".

The TELLING all the way!!! What was up with the resseruction??? After waiting three weeks for the fanale I am still waiting for it. That can not be the fanale. That was about as predictible as the fact that Sydney and Vaughn are ment for each other and Michael Vartan and me are also ment for eachother. Lauren is not dead. That is almost definately a fact. If she did die they would have made it wayyyyyyy more painful. At least I hope so. The telling. Now THAT is a jawdropper. I never in a million years would have guessed what happened then. Wow. What a dissappointment. You would think JJ could have come up with something better than that??!!!!!!! Abrams is losing his touch. He really needs to make it up in the fourth season. He should considering he has to make us wait till JANUARY!!!!!! How could he do this to me??? And no repeats??? I would be happy just with that. But No. I am getting off subject here. Though season one's fanile was good two I don't think anything can top Season 2
2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2
rocks rocks rocks rocks rocks rocks rocks rocks rocks rocks rocks rocks rocks rock

Back