Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WinME

• Win2k

• Win2k3

• Total voters
XP Pro as well seeing that its the best one out there for PC's. Windows 98 is probably the most reliable though, that version of windows never screws up but the problem with that one is... its missing so much new stuff.

Street_Soldier said:
XP Pro as well seeing that its the best one out there for PC's.  Windows 98 is probably the most reliable though, that version of windows never screws up but the problem with that one is... its missing so much new stuff.
[post="983872"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Win98 was more stable for you than XP? Now that's interesting.. I've been running my XP for 3 months without a reboot now and it's still zipping along.

I also use Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop on the side, since I do most of my coding on that for work.

Xin Li

I use WinXP Home. Half of the time it crashes on me. :angry:

What is the difference between Winxp Home and XP Pro? :thinking:

XP Pro. I'd switch to something else if it didn't take learning how to use it :lol:

The next OS from MS is Longhorn. I read that it'll have a load of new features, but it'd take too much time to build so the MS people decided to rush with it and release a "lesser" version of Longhorn in 2005 (or 2006?) with later available upgrades.

XP Home

and I agree, 98 was a very stable system.....Xp is a little bit frustrating sometimes, but you have to admit, it looks so darn cool!

Look doesn't really matter to me, I put everything back to the win2k look or run litestep or blackbox occasionally. XP Pro so far is the most stable x86 windows OS that I've ever dealt with.

I've had programs crash, but they were the programs. I've had hardware fail, but that was the hardware. On only a few occasions have I had XP flake out and that was because of corrupted system file backups due to power outtages or overclocking too far.

Too bad the security mostly blows, else it would be my favorite OS ever. Workbench (Amiga) takes that prize.

Back