Whiplash

... Although I *may* have stuck them on the wrong way 'round. :blink:

*switches JuJu's eyebrows*

There! *beams pwoudly at the awesomeness of my work* JuJu is all fixed!

... You're like Mr Potato head :laughbounce:

*stares at self in mirror* they don't look any different :blink:

COOL! mr potato head is one cool potato! :woot:

mr potato head has a dog? ok im confuzzled!

anyhoo night all! *yawn* its 10 oclock! crappity felgercarb i hav to leave at 6am 2mrw *whines* i hate monday mornings!

This is a great story! I just printed the last chapter and am taking it to the gym so I can read it today!!! Love it! Keep it going and add me to your pm list so I know when you update it! Thanks!!

Linnette

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>update :Pokes:. Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top!

i <3 this fic..like ALOT!

-kait
</span>

OUCHIES! stop with the poking already, i cant type properly if ur all poking me! :P

anyhoo welcome linette, tahnks for reading!

updated PM list:
Bubbles
emmy_d
deranged_girl
luckylass
bubblezk88
.mountaineer4746
LaurenRachael
cute_as_candy
msu_ruby
i'm an aliasaholic
kakan
vaughnsgurl4lf
Sarahbear
oooRevesDouxooo
Secret_agent_angel
Vaughshoney
SydAPO05
~VartansGirl~
fire*N*ice
aliasdancer007
star_gazer
Gucci_94
KAliasGirl
Cinders
broe4ever929
kalias
Texasalias2004
Cai
vaughnroxmysox
cupcake55
sydneymicheal
syd26
Sydney L Bristow
aliasobsessed89
bellasbaby
Phoenixwannabe
SuperDuck123
Sydney A Vaughn
74Aliaschickita47
Agent Roberts

:woot: thats 40!!!!!!!!!!!!

u'll be pleased to know that........... i'm typing up the next chappie as we speak!

dont give me that innocent face juju!

sorry i havent been typing it up...i know i know....blame sage, i was talking to him.

anyhoo ill get right on it...first i gotta get some hot choccie! its cold down here!

blame sage? well if you insist... *runs off squealing to the oz threads with a sledgehanmer in hand*

:eyebrow: but he's such a target... it's sooooo tempting

awwww i won't... he's too much of a softie to :rolleyes:

:shock:

I just realised! What happened to the update that was meant to come 'in a few days'?!?! *sniff*

:poke:

Additional Disclaimer: Lyrics belong to the beautiful and talented musician that is Sarah McLachlan.

A/N: ok well originally “Angel” by Sarah McLachlan was meant to be used for this chappie but I dunno whether I like that anymore or not. I was gonna use something else except I haven’t decided on anything and prolly wouldnt for a while. I then was gonna use “fix you” but decided against it. Sorry im not good with decisions tonight, but I fear for my life I’ve I don’t post this soon…a certain someone’s *coughJUJUcough* kinda abusive with the poking! Anyhoo, long story short, I decided that seeing as I’ve tried to be true to what I wrote when I wrote all this (like a year ago) I decided to keep the lyrics I’d intended to use. Hope they work ok for u guys! ( I love that song!) if u hav the song pop it on repeat while u read this, it whould hopefully *fingers crossed* add to the mood a little.

Um what else was I gonna say? Sorry it’s taken so long to update. I’ve been sick and yadda yadda I wont bore u with the details. Um this is pretty badly written, but I like the storyline and theres a couple of good bits! (I think)

And this chappie is dedicated to my new best friend….. the shark on seven’s “shark attack Sunday” (gay name btw) add that eats that lame midget mascot. Grrr die mascot die!

Haha I just dedicated to a non-living thing. Random!

STORY STARTS HERE

Spend all your time waiting
For that second chance
For a break that would make it okay
There’s always one reason
To feel not good enough
And it’s hard at the end of the day

Syd stood at the pier watching the waves lap softly against the various yachts scattered across the moonlit water. She watched them rock gently, floating along the water with such grace, nothing was holding them back. She sighed, if only she could get through life with such ease. Now that she was finally alone, she could have some time to think about everything. By everything, she meant Vaughn.

She was so angry at him, but sometimes she wished she didn’t have to be. She knew that even thought he was married, Vaughn still wanted to help her, to hold her as she cried and comfort her. She wanted that too, oh she wanted that so much. IF this was what they both wanted, what was stopping it? Her. ’Stupid, why do I have to be so stubborn?’

It was her pride more than anything else that was getting in the way. She wasn’t going to let whoever had done this win, the was no way she was gonna play the sacred card or act defeated. That was the hardest part though, when alls he wanted to do was crawl into a ball. If she had Vaughn she wouldn’t feel so scared. ‘Damnit! Why did it always come back to him?’

Again, she already knew the answer to that too.

So tired of the straight line
And everywhere you turn
There’s vultures and thieves at your back
And the storm keeps on twisting
You keep on building the lie
That you make up for all that you lack

Syd smiled as she remembered all the times her and Vaughn had met there. At first it was just to discuss impending missions, they’d both stiffly stand facing the water and not look at each other for though they longed for the contact - to even just look at each other properly - their fear of the alliance was too strong. It was not so much fear for themselves, rather for the other person’s life. To both it seemed that without the other there was no life.

But that was just the beginning. Once the alliance was defeated and they could finally touch one another without the gnawing guilt from endangering their life they’d spend lengthy patches of time at the pier, immersed in the feeling of just being there. They’d go for sunset strolls or just sit on the park bench, “their bench” as they called it, and Syd would snuggle up to him. But that was never going to happen again now. There would be no more cuddling at the pier.

It don’t make no difference
Escaping one last time
It’s easier to believe in this sweet madness oh
This glorious sadness that brings me to my knees

“I know you’re scared,” a soft voice spoke behind her. She turned around out of politeness to see who it was, though she already knew, she could recognize that voice anywhere. It was the voice of her dreams.
“Hey,” he said, his eyes kind yet hesitant.
“Hi,” she replied/ He was still in his suit she noted, obviously he hadn’t yet returned home from work. She let herself wonder why. It was late and he would’ve left the office hours ago, so where had he been? Maybe looking for her? No, he wouldn’t have been, she had to remember he had someone else to care for now. Still, the possibility of it made her smile a little.

She was so lost in thought that she didn’t hear him walk up and stand next to her. He stood there for a few minutes before she realized he was there. The hairs on her skin stood on end and she felt a shiver down her spine. She could feel his body warmth just a few centimeters away from her, it was so close, almost dangerously close.

“You’re cold,” he said as he took of his suit jacket and draped it gently around her shoulders.
”Thanks”. They both stood watching the water in silence, the only sounds that could be heard was the soothing rhythm of the waves.

In the arms of an angel
Fly away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You’re in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort there

Again it was Vaughn who broke the silence. “You remember that time after your dad hadn’t shown up for dinner?”
”mhmmm, like that was the only time.”
”Yeah, and we met here. You grabbed your beeper and….”
“and threw it into the ocean.” Syd finished and laughed, “I’d almost forgotten about that. Ohhhh,” she groaned as she slapped her hand to her forehead in humiliation, “how embarrassing.”
Vaughn laughed at her, “yeah, I’m still in awe of it.”
“shuddup,” she said hitting him playfully.
“But that night, you were so upset, and you called me. You confided in me of all people. And at the time I was scared, scared that maybe I couldn’t help you, maybe you had been broken too many times. But together, together we got through it Syd.” A lone tear travelled down his cheek mirroring the tear which despite all attempts to the contrary escaped and trickled down her’s. “And we both know that’s not the only time. I mean c’mon, how many times have you called or we met cos u were upset?”
“Quite a few.”
“Quite a few? Too many to count! And when we were…………..together……..i can remember times that I sat at your house while you just talked, voiced whatever it was that was upsetting you.”
”Geez, now you’re making me sound like a basket case!”
“ You’re many things Sydney Bristow, emotionally fragile is definitely not one of them. Nor are you in any way crazy.”
Sydney blushed slightly, “thanks.” She’d forgotten what it felt like to hear his compliments, his words rolling so easily of the tongue.
“See? This is us talking . Syd even though we’re not together anymore doesn’t mean I don’t still worry about you. I want to help you, I honestly do. And not to get some sort of self-gain from it, but simply because I care about you.”
“I know you do.” She said softly.
“I can remember a few times when I stayed with you all night and held you while you cried. I didn’t care how long I’d have to stay, I was happy to just sit there comforting you. Syd, that’s what I’m still prepared to do.”
Syd looked questioningly into his eyes and staring back at her was something that answered all her fears. At that moment she could see that he was genuine, and suddenly she became vulnerable as all the emotions she had been suppressing, finally caught up with her and she fell into his open arms, sobbing.

As promised, he just held her.

:mixed:

:thinking:

Back