Who Am I?

Who I Am
link to first part of the story

rating: pretty much PG 13 for language

summary: MI-6 agent who discovers she has family in L.A. is a combination of Spy Kids, James Bond, Alias(of course), and Princess Diaries

disclamier: i own nothing i am nothing........if i did own anything i wouldn't waste my time writing this.............enjoy

Who Am I
Part 1
Sydney Bristow was on a plane to Boston. Barely 4 months ago she had woken up in Hong Kong. She had been missing from society for almost three years. She had found out Vaughn had married. Sydney had even gotten her dad out of prison. Now, all that was left was to get her sister back. Kendal, the big jack*ss, had just told her what had happened in her missing two years. She had been captured by the Covenant along with her sister. She hadn’t seen her the whole time she was missing, supposedly. They had given her a new name, Julia Thorne. Kendal had made her become a mole for the CIA in the Covenant. She had silently worked with Lazarey, but now he too was dead. Then, after making sure the cube was safe, she had erased her memories. But, she had just came back from keeping Sark away from her eggs the Covenant had extracted from her. Kendal said that Kat had been back for 7 months. But why was she in Boston?

Boston

Sydney pulled up at 547 South States Street. It looked like a nice house. But as soon as she stepped out of the car, she could hear yelling.

“Young lady, you are in our house, so start following our rules.”

“Your rules are stupid, why can’t I just use the computer? I just need to ....”

“The answer is no!”
A door slammed followed by a loud “Uhhhhhhhh”

Sydney rang the door bell, and a middle aged woman with strawberry-blonde hair came to the door.
“Hello, my name is Sydney Bristow. I’m here to pick-up Katilyn Cavanaugh.”

“I’m sorry” said the lady “ I don’t know who your talking about”

“I was told she was here.” said an impatient Sydney.

“Well, they were mistaken” with that the lady closed the door.

Sydney could have sworn the voice she heard yelling was Kat’s voice. She realized she had no choice but to head back to her rental car. She got in and just sat for a second thinking about what to do.

“I didn’t think it was true about you being dead.” Sydney looked up into her rear-view mirror to see a short-haired Kat. She inwardly smiled. “Can we go home now?”

“Sure but what was the fight about the computer for?”

“You heard that? I’ve been trying to get onto my server for information about you, but the library and school computers block web hostings. Anyways, this foster family was getting annoying, I was practically living in a shoe box.”

“Well, I think we should catch our flight before the find out your gone.”

LA
Sydney filled Kat in on what Kendal had said about her missing years. Kat still had her missing time left to figure out.
“Wow, such a big space. Why four rooms though?” said Kat.

“I don’t know, I thought we could get a roommate.”said Sydney

“Cool”

“You look different, older I guess, but different. What do you remember about the past three years?”

“Well, I am eighteen now. I don’t remember anything past these seven months. I got my shots up to date when I got back to LA, but then they shipped me off to Boston. I haven’t seen or talked to my grandmother in the past months since my return. I woke up in Moscow and I come home to find you missing. Dad was in prison for supposedly contacting mom. Vaughn, I believe that was who you were dating, was married to a stupid, blonde cow named Lauren. Nobody gives me anything about what might of happened to me, but they can send me away with out a care in the world. I’m not even a legal U.S. citizen. I have diplomatic immunity. They said if I was to run, I would be considered a traitor. I just wanted to go home, is that to hard to ask?”

Sydney gave her sister a hang-in-there look. The door bell rang and Syd went off to answer it.

“Yo, I see you and the kid are back. What’s up.”

“Hey Eric, come in”

Kat walked over punched him in the arm. “Look, I’m eighteen. I’m no kid.”

Syd and Eric busted out laughing. They headed out towards the kitchen when the door bell rang again. Kat headed over to the door and opened it. There stood Sark with a little girl in his hands. “May I come in ?” he asked.
<()><()><()>
so how do you like it?.....im only posting 3 chapters a week......

Note: Sark wasn't in CIA custody.....but rest of the story should be the same ;)

I like the sequel. I can't wait to find out what's up with Sark and the little girl in his hands. That should be very interesting. Your off to a great start. Keep it up. Thanks for the PM. I can't wait for the next part.

ok so chapter 2 is up.........

Chapter 2

Kat let him in. Sydney and Eric reached for their guns when they realized who it was.

“Chill out people, now I suggest, Ms. Bristow, that unless you want to kill your niece, you should put your guns down.”

“My niece?” Sydney said while pocketing her gun. Sark slowly put the toddler down on the new leather couch.

“Now, I know both of you don’t remember your missing three years but let me refresh your memories. Arvin Sloane, whether he is willing to admit it to the CIA, ordered me to capture you, Sydney. But when I saw Kat, I took her too. Arvin sold Sydney to the Covenant. I kept Kat, and we got married. As I recall, Emma was the product of our honeymoon.”Sark said with a grin playing on his lips.

“I wondered why I woke up with a huge diamond ring.” said Kat, stunned holding up her left hand to expose a nice-sized ring.

“Yes, it did cost a pretty penny, but your worth it.” Sark then winked at Kat. “Sloane eventually found out I had you, so he sold you to Alexander Khasinau. Apparently, you conveniently forgot to tell me you were pregnant. You came back a couple months later with a newborn. I was jealous and said I wanted a son, but you needed to get back. So we took one of your eggs and put it into a surrogate mother. I then erased your memory. You said when you got Sydney back, to bring Emma back to you. So here you are. Oh, also here is her birth certificate. She will turn 3 in 147 days. As you can read, her name is Emma Elizabeth Cavanaugh-Sark. You picked out the name. Enjoy! I be back to see her on her birthday.”

Sark turned to leave. “How do we know you didn’t take her eggs for the prophecy like you did mine?” asked Sydney.

“Look, Ms. Bristow, I was doing my job for the Covenant, you know after you killed my father I inherited money, lots of it. The Covenant decide they would like to make me an offer, one I couldn’t refuse. I’m sorry that I had to do that, but I left you clues. I don’t have any more of Kat’s egg because I don’t want the stupid Covenant getting my wife into this mess. Good night” Sark left in silence, slamming the door. Five minutes later, the toddler slowly stirred and said “Mommy?”

Kat picked up the toddler, like a natural mom, and headed towards the door. “Syd, we need to get to JTF right now.” Syd grabbed her keys and headed out to her car.

“Eric, can you lock up?” shouted Sydney. Eric gave them a thumbs up sign, and watched them drive away.
<()><()><()>

so i hope you go nice on the reviews........... :angelic:

Wow! I was so not expecting the kid to be Kats. Great twist. This should be very interesting. Thanks for the PM. It was a wonderful update.

ok so this chapter is small..........

Chapter 3

***JFT***
On the way into the conference room, Kat had seen the whispering of people as she held the little girl. Her little girl. How could she have given birth and not remembered it?- she thought. Sydney had gone ahead and called Dixon for an emergency debriefing of her sister with her co-workers present. As they entered the conference room, both sisters immediately saw Lauren a.k.a. the cow, Jack, Vaughn, and Dixon.

“Thank you for coming, Weiss already knows about what Kat is going to say, because he was their when it happened.” said Syd.

Kat tried to hand Syd Emma, but she wouldn’t budge. “Emma, please go sit with Syd, I need to talk to these people, ok baby?” Emma nodded and went and sat silently in Sydney’s lap. “An hour ago, Sark showed up at Sydney’s house with Emma. He said she was my daughter. He also said I had a son on the way, which totally freaked me out, because I’m obviously not pregnant.” Kat then pointed to her flat stomach “ Sark said he was in a surrogate mother. He also said I was married to him, which yes, is legal because I’m emancipated, grandma made sure I wasn’t going to go to some foster parent. Not her granddaughter.” realizing she was getting off topic she said “Any ways, I was supposedly in Sark’s custody until Arvin Sloane found out Sark had me. Sloane sold me to the *dead* Alexander Khasinau.” Kat looked up to see everyone but her and Syd’s jaw had dropped “Now, Director Dixon, I know I just got back but I would like to request your permission to take Sydney and leave for Britain. I need to see M and enroll Emma in school. I really need M’s assistance on my next step in this mess. I also need to see my grandmother on my coming out party. Not that I’m available now or anything, but it’s a tradition.”

“Mommy, I don’t want to go to school . I want to live with Nana ‘rina. I don’t want to leave you don’t make me go anywhere.” begged Emma.

<()><()><()>
i know this chapter was small but ill post another one real soon............. ;)

Great chapter! Nanny rina' that should be interesting. I really like this story so far. I think it's actually better than the first part. Keep up the great work.

Chapter 4

The whole room of people dropped their jaws lower. “She’s seen Derevko?” asked Dixon.

“I don’t know, Sir.” Kat said. She went over and picked up Emma “Honey, where is Nana Irina.?”

Emma pondered the question for a moment “She’s in.....moose cow! I remembered mommy, am I a good girl?”

“Yes, baby, now when did you meet Nana?” said a worried Kat.

“When she took us away from papa Alex. I don’t like him. Nana also stayed with daddy for a while.”

“Good girl” says Kat smiling through a confused expression.

“Right, so Derevko is in Moscow. I want people searching the whole country side. Leave no stone unturned. I want information on Katilyn and Khasinau from her.” shoots Dixon. “This meeting is dismissed.”

Kat sat down in the empty chair besides Sydney and let out a huge sigh. Jack saw his daughters stay, so he went over and sat down on the other side of Kat. Kat looked up at him.“Emma, baby, I want you to say hello to your grandpa, Jack.”

Emma looked up and smiled at Jack. “Hello,” she said shyly.

Jack facial expression softened as he looked at his granddaughter. She had blue eyes and curly blonde hair. She was in pink coveralls with a white, long sleeved shirt. “Well hello little one. Can I get a hug?” Emma practically jumped into Jack’s arms.

“I think dad makes a great grandpa,” said Sydney. Kat nodded.

“Well, Dad, we need to catch a flight. You can come with us, dad. I’m sure I have enough room at my house. I hope you will come.”said Kat as she stood up.

“I’m sure Dixon can grant me a long over due vacation,” said a glowing Jack.

*****London*****

The taxi pulled up in front of a large white Tudor. Kat paid the driver, while Sydney got their bags. Emma hadn’t let go of Jack since she had met him, so naturally he got to carry the sleeping girl inside. He laid her down on the nearest couch. “Kat, why is the lawn mowed and the house dust free if no one lives here?”asked Syd wiping her finger over the counter looking for dust.

“Well, M has a boy that mows the law. I also called ahead to let her know I was coming home, so she sent a team over to stock the fridge and clean the house. Syd you can take the guest room and dad you can take the study. The bed is in the closet.” They all quickly spread out and began to unpack. Kat left her old room for Emma. The walls were bubble gum pink with stenciled butterflies on them. The bed spread was pink ballet shoes on a white background. Kat took her dad’s old room. It still smelled like him-she thought.

“Mommy” Kat heard.

“I see you have found my old room. Emma come here. I need to see what size you take so I can get some of my old clothes down from the attic. My dad never threw anything away. It was *special* to him.” Kat rolled her eyes grateful for her father’s sentimental views. Jack and Sydney came into look at Kat’s room.

“So do you love to dance?” asked Syd sitting down on her bed. Jack was looking at her book collection.

“I still do, actually. My all time favorite song is “Tiny Dancer” and that is actually my call name. The butterflies are from “Butterfly Kisses” my....Rick used to sing to me before bed every night.”remembering to leave out *dad* because Jack was there.

“Mommy, where’s daddy?” asked Emma.

“He’s working, you get to see him for your birthday though. How about we go check out your school. It’s the same one I went to when I was your age.”

“No, mommy no school” shouted Emma, pouting.

“Why can’t she stay with me?” asked a voice.

“Nana ‘rina!” said Emma jumping up and down on the bed.

Kat shook her head at the girl who silently sat down. “What are you doing here mom?”asked Sydney.

“Since when is seeing my kids and granddaughter a crime?”

“It’s a crime to be in this country” said an agitated Kat. “What are you doing in my house?”

“Look I know your mad at me I’m sorry, I just....”

“Mommy isn’t mad are you mommy?” asked Emma in a very cute voice. .

“No baby, I’m just upset.” Kat said never taking hers eyes off Irina, she didn’t want Irina in her house, let alone near her daughter.

“So can she stay with me?” asked Irina.

Kat looked at Emma and realized she couldn’t resist her cute puppy dog eyes “I have to get a pardon, and you’ll have to stay here,”

Irina nodded “sure thing”

“Wait, your going to let HER watch MY granddaughter?” asked an upset Jack.

“If Emma says mom got me away from Khasinau. I guess I can let her watch my daughter.”

“What if she runs off and leaves her here with no one?” asked Jack.

“That’s why Emma will go to school for 7 hours every week day and make sure to talk to M once a week to make sure everything is going alright,”

“I’m sure mom will watch Emma like a hawk,” Syd said sarcastically.

“Look I know I deserved everyone of those comments but Kat are you serious about sending her to Oxford?”

“Yes, I am. I want her to be able to take care of herself. I can make sure she never has to be a spy. Dad wanted to make sure I was taken care of, just like I want that for Emma. She will make great friends, friends who will always be there for her like brothers and sisters.” Kat realized she was babbling on “Now in order to get that pardon, we need to go to headquarters.”
<()><()><()>

sorry i took so long to post....my internet had some down time.......... ^_^

none of the vehicles mentioned are mine

so i was going to update tomarrow but i went laser tagging so im in a good mood...

Chapter 5

Kat took the group out to the garage. “Mommy, lets take the pink one!” said Emma pointing to a pink mustang.

“No honey, that’s too small, we’re taking the hummer.” said Kat. All of them then noticed a silver hummer with blue flames, along with a few more motorcycles and sporty vehicles.

“Gosh, do you think you have enough cars?” asked an astounded Sydney.

“That’s all of dad.....Rick’s stuff. The mustang, hummer, and like two of the motorcycles are mine. I actually got the mustang as a birthday present. The hummer I bought myself. And my motorcycles, Rick had made to fit my body.” Kat said as she walked over to a cabinet and opened it. Inside were guns and ammo. She took out a wallet from the back and opened a drawer with her thumb print. Inside was money in hundreds of denominations. She took out a few hundred pounds. She closed the cabinet and headed towards a shelving unit along the wall. It was holding helmets, car products, and of course; car seats. She grabbed a pink booster seat and headed to the hummer. When she reached the vehicle, she sat the car seat down and reached under to feel for the keys. Ah-ha- she thought and pulled them out. Kat pressed a bottom and said “Tiny dancer requesting permission from H2 silver to grant access.”

A computerized voice broke the dead silence of the group and said “Access granted, welcome back tiny dancer.”The driver side door opened. Kat picked up the booster seat and headed to the left, rear passenger door. She opened it and hooked in the booster seat.

“Ok, Syd, your up front, Emma come here.” the little girl climbed into the monstrous vehicle and sat down quietly as her mom strapped her in. Kat got out and went to the driver’s seat and sat down. Jack and Irina took opposite sides in the back, Jack on the left, Irina on the right. “H2 we need to go to Oxford. I want manual mode on. Open garage door.” the garage door lifted and Kat slowly backed out. “Close door. Play song 101.” The door closed and a familiar song came on. Kat started to sing as she drove past scenery and houses.

“Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand”

Kat smiled as she continued to drive. “Great car, can it drive all by itself?” asked Sydney.

“Yes,” said Kat.

“Jesus freaks out in the street
Handing tickets out for God
Turning back she just laughs
The boulevard is not that bad”

Irina caught on and sang with Kat.

“Piano man he makes his stand
In the auditorium
Looking on she sings the songs
The words she knows, the tune she hums”

“Rick and I danced to this song when he proposed” Irina said quietly. Kat nodded.

“But oh how it feels so real
Lying here with no one near
Only you and you can't hear me
When I say softly, slowly”

“He used to sing it on your anniversary.” Kat said quickly with tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

“Hold me closer tiny dancer
Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of linen
you had a busy day today”

“He would take me and Annika to the beach to give Robert and Yasmine peace and quiet before Robert went away again. We would sing this as we played in the sand”. Said Kat turning at a stop sign towards a thick, wooden area.

“Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand”

“So you love this song, huh?” asked Sydney.

“Yeah, but it wasn’t my song, it’s mom’s. My song is “Butterfly Kisses” just like I said earlier. Rick and I would give each other kisses and he would read to me before I fell asleep, but that’s only when he was home.”

“What happened to Robert?” asked Jack.

“He died when Annika and I were six on a mission. It broke Yasmine’s heart. She was four weeks pregnant with Jamal, Bob didn’t even know she was pregnant. I remember finding out from dad. They were brothers you know. Both renounced their titles, although grandma didn’t christen Annika with a title because she’s part Indian. Rick became a dad to Annika, just like Yasmine was a mom to me. I don’t remember grandma even being at Bob’s funeral. She disapproved greatly of Yasmine. I think she even wanted to order me to stay at the palace after she found out I was being taught a wicked religion.”

“What was the wicked religion?” asked Sydney (NOTE: not that hiduism is a bad religion, it's just that Britian royals are christian)

“Oh, she walked in on her precious six-year-old granddaughter meditating. I was practicing Hinduism. I even had a Shiva shrine. She told me if she ever saw me do that again I would be forced to live with her. Of course, her lovely granddaughter grew up in her own image, and only follows her mumsy’s ways when in her humble presence” Kat said the last part sarcastically.

“H2 switch to off rode mode.” The SUV mechanically put the mud flaps down and switch to 4 wheel drive.

Kat took a sharp swerve into the forest and quickly started to swerve trees.

“Where are we going, Katilyn?” asked a shaken Jack.

“Like I said Head Quarters.” a small clearing came into view and at the bottom was a large wired fence. Behind it appeared to be five to six huge mansions, several stories tall. Kat drove the hummer up to the front of the fence beside a speaker bow. Kat put the window down and typed some keys on the key pad. “Agent 0047-35 requesting clearance to enter,” said Kat.

“Clearance granted,” said a gruff voice.

The fence gave way to a small opening and Kat drove in. She pulled up to the first building and parked. “Ok everyone out.” said Kat. They all got out, Irina with Emma. As soon as they were half way towards the building, two teenagers, a boy and girl, came running out.

“Syd!” they shouted in unison. The boy picked Kat up and twirled her in the air before siting her down.

“Mark, Lisa, hey, I have a lot to catch up on with you, but I have a meeting with M.”
<()><()><()>

the song was "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John, to fit in with the whole British theme going on, not that i've ever been to the U.K. im just a simple Ohio girl.... -_-

Back