TV Who are your favorite actors on TV?

Martin

Cadet
One of mine have got to be Michael Shanks. He's a Canadian actor and is most known for his role as Dr. Daniel Jackson in Stargate SG-1. He's also appeared in all the other series in the Stargate franchise.

I loved him as Dr. Daniel Jackson (whom was one of my favorite characters in that show) and I also liked his performance in both Burn Notice and now lately the TV-Show Saving Hope.

He seems to be a really nice guy off-screen with a pretty down to earth and grounded persona. Which is something I like in "famous" people. They know they're famous and of course they bash in that as well but without the big "I'm famous you're just a loser with nothing" attitude.

-

So who are some of your favorite actors on TV?

595911.jpg

Mark Harmon. He plays a Special Agent Gibbs on USA's #1 show NCIS!

Maggie Smith when she's on TV (like Downton Abbey). Gillian Anderson, Paul McGann. That's about it. I like Mads Mikkelsen too, but have not been able to get 'into' Hannibal (even though both he and Anderson are in it).

This is so difficult because I like people in different things for different reasons. Someone who I love consistently - James Purefoy. I think he's a very underrated actor and doesn't really get a-list parts, but always has a definite presence in the films he's part of. He recently co-starred with Kevin Bacon in the series The Following and played the part of a leader of a cult of serial killers. He was absolutely perfect in the role and it really showed how good he is an actor.

Currently...
AJ Cook
Kirsten Vangsness
Matthew Gray Gubler
Jim Parsons
Kaley Cuoco
Scott Bakula
Lucas Black
Bruce Campbell
Lucy Lawless
Thomas Jane
As a starting list.
I'm not really a TV watcher. I wait till I get full seasons of the shows then binge watch them.
The list is much much bigger if I consider my all-time favorites that includes shows that are no longer running.
Those shows go all the way back to when the Red Skelton Show was airing in the 60s. As you might expect the list is very long and would take a whole lot of time to compose.

Back