Who do you think would make the best couple in HP?

Who do you think would make the best couple in HP?

• Harry/Cho

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harry/Hermione

• Harry/Ginny

• Hermione/Krum

• Hermione/Ron

• Ron/Fleur Delceour

• Hagrid/Madime Maxine

• Other

• Total voters
well, i probably read so many fanfics that i've forgotten the true essence of the books, but some of the best stories i've read feature hermione/snape. i know, i'm strange. but, yeah, i'd say that is obsucre.
Here's a really, really good fic if you're into Hr/Sn, or just enjoy very well written and highly entertaining fanfic.

Ordinary People
[post="911729"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]
read it, loved it. in fact i love all of this author's pieces. especially her switzerland trilogy:http://www.geocities.com/hayseed_24/Saga_Complete.htm#Fiji

I would have to go with Harry/Hermione because I just always thought they would be a cute couple. Plus then Harry wouldn't have to remember the spell to fix his glasses cuz Hermione would always be there to fix them :smiley:

I've been thinking about this and though I love the H/Hr ship, I would most like to see no ships in the final conclusion of the books. That way everyone can agree that canon did not decide for everyone. Yes, everyone sees little things for their ship, but I'd rather see JK write it with experimenting with the different ships we like to discuss here, but in the end decide that the trio does not have any definite relationships other than friendship in the end. That way fan fiction can pick where she leaves off. I'm sure not everyone agrees, but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to avoid all out ship wars in canon and leave it to fandom.

so she should just leave the books without romance? i think hey, they're going to be sixteen. romance is obvious.

besides, books generally aren't that good unless they have good romance in them. and it would make me extremely happy to have hermione and ron get together! fan fiction is good, but to have romance in the real thing would be so much better...

Scarlet Crystal said:
so she should just leave the books without romance? i think hey, they're going to be sixteen. romance is obvious.

besides, books generally aren't that good unless they have good romance in them. and it would make me extremely happy to have hermione and ron get together! fan fiction is good, but to have romance in the real thing would be so much better...
[post="1081647"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

No, that's not what I meant at all. Do I think the books should be without romance? No. They're teenagers, it's inevitable. What I'm saying is, she should go ahead and write the different relationships as they progress, but in the very end, just leave it (for the most part) shipless. Don't you think I wouldn't love to see Harry and Hermione ride off into the sunset together at the end of book 7? Sure, the major shipper in me does, but the girl who started reading this story not for the romances, but for the whole entirety of the story itself, would rather see it ended with more emphasis on friendship rather than relationship-love.

Look how Buffy & Angel ended. There were no definitive and set relationships with those ended. Buffy chose neither Spike nor Angel. (see the "Cookie Dough" speech). Joss pretty much left the fans decide who they wanted her to end up with, not he decide who she should. So why does Hermione, Harry or Ron have to decide within the end of their seventh year who they want to be with? I'm not saying there should not be romance, that's not what I mean at all. I'm just saying when all's said and done, I'd rather that not be the main focus, as the friendship is really what started it all, isn't it?

syd_spy47 said:
No, that's not what I meant at all. Do I think the books should be without romance? No. They're teenagers, it's inevitable. What I'm saying is, she should go ahead and write the different relationships as they progress, but in the very end, just leave it (for the most part) shipless. Don't you think I wouldn't love to see Harry and Hermione ride off into the sunset together at the end of book 7? Sure, the major shipper in me does, but the girl who started reading this story not for the romances, but for the whole entirety of the story itself, would rather see it ended with more emphasis on friendship rather than relationship-love.

Look how Buffy & Angel ended. There were no definitive and set relationships with those ended. Buffy chose neither Spike nor Angel. (see the "Cookie Dough" speech). Joss pretty much left the fans decide who they wanted her to end up with, not he decide who she should. So why does Hermione, Harry or Ron have to decide within the end of their seventh year who they want to be with? I'm not saying there should not be romance, that's not what I mean at all. I'm just saying when all's said and done, I'd rather that not be the main focus, as the friendship is really what started it all, isn't it?
[post="1081893"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

well said. :smiley: i'm not a huge buffy person, but a lot of my friends are obsessed. i'm personally spike/buffy :lol: but i see what you're saying. and, if harry lives, i'm sure that will be a likely ending.

cinders said:
hermione and ron, rock on!
[post="1102961"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

wOot!

Back