Season 4 Who else was happy?

I liked the spanish..subtitles were fun(and for the spanish absolutly nessesary for me)...made me feel like i was watching a foreign film(albeit a foreign movie with ALOT of commercials). I just really loved the whole concept, gave the show a more worldy feel. I wish they could do it with other languages but i guess it was only really possible because Mia is from Argentia so she could pull it off, and help with all the "colloquialisms" and there was also a reason for it.

But even though the subtites made me very happy, you know what made me happier? the Russian. It was fun. and i seem to understnad more and more as alias goes along. its a neat thing.

Now you may have to excuse this post. i am typing this to put of writing a paper. I really did love the subtitles though, and the russian.

It was a great idea. i love originallity.

i actually lived in spain for 6 months and was almost fluent in speaking and reading spanish - almost 11 years have passed and my spanish is never used really nowadays so any excuse for me to brush up is excellent!!! I was listening and only checking the subtitles for words i couldn't remember :smiley: awesome language lesson (y)

I took Spanish in high school and I would hardly call myself moderately fluent, but I did enjoy the subtitles. It gave the episode a very different feel and the spanish sounded very pretty. It did feel like I was watching a foreign film and that made me feel smarter. Cause smart people watch foreign films. That's the theory anyway. :D

I liked the Spanish in the episode because I speak it fluently along with a few other languages. but the episode itself I thought was really well done.

jems said:
I was listening and only checking the subtitles for words i couldn't remember :smiley:  awesome language lesson (y)
[post="1273852"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
me too!!

i was like 'wow four years of high shcool spanish paid off!!'
i was actually surprised at how much i understood - i guess im not a complete moron after all :lol:

MissingSark said:
It did feel like I was watching a foreign film and that made me feel smarter.  Cause smart people watch foreign films.  That's the theory anyway. :D
[post="1273986"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

So, I guess we europeans (except the brits and the irish) are very smart, since 90% of all films we see are foreign films (from USA and UK). :D :D :D

But I think there should be more foreign languages, with subtitles, on Alias, that would be more natural than a lot of people speaking english with heavy accents around the world.

Didn't quite get the Spanish (although the subtitles -did- help), but it was a great episode, because it was different to a lot of the others, because Nadia was the main character, instead of Sydney.

Didn't quite get the Spanish (although the subtitles -did- help), but it was a great episode, because it was different to a lot of the others, because Nadia was the main character, instead of Sydney.

I loved having Nadia as the focus character. It was relieving to finally get some background information on Nadia's past. I was surprised at the rebel she was when she was young. I loved the flashbacks, and I absolutly loved when it cut right back to the present day Nadia, showing how much she has grown.

Regarding languages, I took Latin and Spanish in high school/college--and would advise Latin because it greatly influences English grammar (e.g., remember the verbs "to be" --is, are, etc.--never take an object?) However, I always wanted to learn French. So for all of you who speak and write French (like Michael Vartan. le sigh!) you have my great admiration and well, let's face it, envy.
As for Nadia, well, I was never convinced that she was the daughter of Sloane (well, maybe Jack), let alone the daughter of Irina. Nonetheless, I really liked her as an Alias character. And she certainly played a pivotal role in Seasons 4 and 5.

Though more so of a pivital role in Season 4. The Orphan is one of my favourite Alias episodes. I was never convinced that Sloane was Nadia's father. For some reason, I can understand her being Irina's, or at least one of the Derevko sisters's, but Sloane being Nadia's father never worked for me. Maybe becasue I can't believe that horrid man could have a daughter...but then again, you never know.

Back