Who Killed the Electric Car?

I thought was being silly when I made that crack about the water vapor emissions/ice age thingy a while back. But look!!!

"On Earth, the major natural greenhouse gases are water vapor, which causes about 36–70% of the greenhouse effect (not including clouds); carbon dioxide (CO2), which causes 9–26%; methane (CH4), which causes 4–9%; and ozone, which causes 3–7%. - Wiki

The electric car is already doomed.

Pretty good article, will read more later, and articles contrary to the notion.

I just want to note about Hybrids:

My mom bought a Toyota Prius recently. She's in love with the damn thing. I think it's kinda ugly.

Although the intentions of the Prius are good, I read an article that said to MAKE THE PARTS for the Prius's engine, it does more HARM than a Hummer does to the environment.

That's pretty sad, seeing as how they get people to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a car that's supposed to help the environment, when it actually doesn't make a difference.

And Momma, your gut feeling on the Earth going through cycles is correct. It is in a natural cycle right now, but I am sure it would have been much more mild if we had not wildly gone around polluting the air.

The real thing about Global Warming is that we really HAVE to watch Global Dimming. Look it up. This has been scientifically proven that around the world the sun is being blocked by pollution, generally around 10%, but as high as 30% in places like Russia. It has also been concluded that if we reduce the amount of pollution from our cars, without regulating the amounts of greenhouse gases, the temperature can rise as high as 18 degrees. Scientists are having fits worrying about a 1 degree change.

That's pretty sad to me.

The problem is nobody is going to act, because we're all selfish. If we don't all do something about it, nobody is going to. And if we don't, we're in a lot of trouble.

Also, I think the Earth goes through natural "clean cycles", kinda like you can do with your oven, where the Earth will have years of natural disasters to help remove "parasites" (currently humans). (This is just a theory of mine, unlike the other things I've actually looked extensively into, but it makes sense if you look throughout the Earth's history and note the many ice/heat ages)

I remember watching a show on Discovery Science about how there are GIGANTIC hurricane cycles, and we're at the extremely low end. It's only getting worse from here on out, Global Warming or not.

At this point, with everything being bad for the environment - including stuff that's supposed to be good for it - I'm just giving up. I'll still throw my trash in the trash bins rather than on the ground, but other than that I don't care any more.

Which ever the case may be I posit the following link for 'Balance'. Global warming has become a huge politically (the IPCC was created by the UN) inspired enviromental business heavily tinged with some sort of moral condemnation for daring to oppose it with common sense reasoning when the supposed science behind it is crumbling.

I work outside for a living in the high north of the US. During winter when i'm freezing my arse off I hear nothing of global warming. If I did it would sure seem a contradictory read while shivering.

Balance is essential

Never forget that the choice is always YOURS to make. The day "We" stop discerning for ourselves and readily accept without question any of the various doctrines that exist humanity will become nothing more than automatons ruled by 'Thought Masters'.

By the way. The computer models that predict increased temps place on average twice existing the normal CO2 levels into the formulae. A technique called 'forcing'.

A few easily proven problems with that video
Here is a point by point webpage, and a rather quick read, which shows some of the most obvious problems with the video.
A Global Warming Swindle play-by-play - DeSmog

For example,
Reiter (one of the experts in the film) sits on the "Scientific and Economic Advisory Council" of an organization called the "Annapolis Centre for Science-Based Public Policy. " The Annapolis Centre is a US think tank that has received $763,500 in funding from ExxonMobil and has been very active in playing down the human contribution to global warming. According to a January 16, 1997 Wall Street Journal article, the Annapolis Center was at one time largely funded by the National Association of Manufacturers, one of the largest industry associations in North America.

Does this make Mr. Reiter a person who has no economic stake in playing down human climate change? Is he just doing this out of the goodness of his heart? Browse through and with a few more searches you can easily start seeing the industries pulling the strings behind this video's production. Take a look at where most if not all of the "climate experts" on that video get their money. Manufacturing, power-plants, oil companies.

From the website: "And surpise, surpise here comes Dr. Fredrick Singer. This is the same guy who challenged the effects of second-hand tobacco smoke. Not to mention the fact that he is affiliated with 11 think tanks and associations that have recieved funding from oil-giant ExxonMobil."

Also, from the website: "Tim Ball, retired professor at the University of Winnipeg's department of geography, has magically turned into "Professor Tim Ball, University of Winnipeg, Department of Climatology.""

And best of all, the website has links citing all of this, so you can feel free to explore the truth on your own, not just take their word for it.

Its funny how everyone is telling the truth about global warming, when they are in perfect conflicting opinions of each other..

I'll stick with my "It's going to happen anyway so I might as well take part Chaos" theory.

Well, I wouldn't recommend anyone to start looking for "truth" in documentaries. It might inspire us and even encourage us to study certain subjects but a documentary is a "film". And as a film it needs planing, directing and a script, so in the end they never gets far away from a fiction film in this progress, whatever the film maker claim.

Well, I wouldn't recommend anyone to start looking for "truth" in documentaries. It might inspire us and even encourage us to study certain subjects but a documentary is a "film". And as a film it needs planing, directing and a script, so in the end they never gets far away from a fiction film in this progress, whatever the film maker claim.

Agreed. It's like looking for truth in the evening news... You won't find it there.

I bought a Prius (Toyota's Hybrid) way back when it was new, couple years ago. People mocked me "Oh, where do you plug it in? Hur hur." Now I just smile when people complain to me about gas prices. >.>

I bought a Prius (Toyota's Hybrid) way back when it was new, couple years ago. People mocked me "Oh, where do you plug it in? Hur hur." Now I just smile when people complain to me about gas prices. >.>

Great mileage but I couldn't stand how it looks. And it's a bit small for my needs.

Oh, Toyota is emphasizing hybrids. And coming soon, they just unveiled a $124K Lexus hybrid.

Lexus | Experience Amazing

Back