Who knows cameras?

F

frostydf2

I'm in the process of purchasing a nice camera for my girlfriend as she heads off to school to become a photographer. I'm not looking for something amazing, but something that'll last her awhile until she can afford to buy her own camera. Probably around $400.

What I found was a Nikon D50, and from talking to people at local photraphy shops this is an awsome camera for the price. They want $600, but I found it here for $300 including shippping.

http://www.infinitiphoto.com/viewitem-6612...-Digital-Camera

Help me! Is this a good buy? Would it last her awhile? Thanks!

Hey thanks for hte link. I'm checking it out now! I still don't know what to do. I can't quite afford it yet. Hopefully I'll get lucky.

Greetings, Frostedflakes.

I've done tons of research before last Christmas b/c I wanted a good (but not too expensive) digital camera. I found a few things: (1) higher MP is not necessarily better as the higher the MP the more grainy low-light photos become, and (2) digital SLR cameras cost way too much. I found one thats in-between, its everything a DSLR is without the $900 associated with the title. Mine is a Fujifilm S5200 FinePix which I have zero complaints about.

Its lightweight but a bit bulky for a regular camera case. Here is a review I pulled real fast. The site describes it as:

• Desire a 5.1MP resolution consumer digital camera with excellent image quality.
• Want improved low-light capability.
• Want an easy true point-and-shoot camera with room to learn and grow.
• Wants a camera with f-a-s-t operations!
• Want a well-rounded digital camera for general family use as well as serious photography.

Here are some sample shots they took: s5200 example photos

Hey Silver! About time you signed up :smiley: Anyways, I already purchased that camera for her in the link above, but I'll definatly be asking you questions about cameras either since I have to sell them at work.

Whenever someone asks me at work to help them with a camera, I pray they are idiots. Usually they are, since they want a Kodak.

Back