Who LOVES to RP?

You know, this thread I posted is useless. I already have most of the people picked out who are hopefully going to participate.

More hints?

Well if you have it picked out then why ya know, do all this vauge stuff? LoL We've wanted substance for months. Deliver!

But regardless, I love to RP.

I think I sees what it is. The forum RP based on what we know of the game that's been introduced on the Roleplaying board? Or is I wrong!?

TCO was built on strong roleplayers 5-6 years back and while that has been diluted to some degree in its three current games as different people take the reins and standards are changed, there remains a decent core of roleplayers within the group as a whole (some of them not even gaming actively at present), and it's the desire of Dirk, Leo and myself to build TCO:HJ as a branch of the guild that is VERY roleplay-friendly.

Ya, TCO was originally built as an RP guild. You had to have a submitted character bio as it was part of the interview process. It helped to determine whether you got in or not.
That and your posting behvior.

....a lot of us like to RP, still.

Heh I still have my originial TCO application character bio saved.. that was almost six years ago but it brings back memories, I've had to alter that story a lot because of the changes in SWG and trying to stay consistent with what the game had to offer. Leonia is one of my oldest characters. We used to RP the acceptance of new members and TCO hopefuls would RP in the public board to show the Council what they were capable of. It was a very fun place to be way back when, we all had huge imaginations.

Given that my main gaming experience is in pen and paper games? Yep, role-playing is pretty durn important. I love it enough to get into character and not leave it except for brief bursts over a 5-10 hour period. Despite that, I'm no RP nazi- but in my games, OOC comments are kept to a minimum or are only marginally distracting and usually amusing.

RP is a key ingredient to any MMO IMO, but is overlooked quite a bit. Will HJ be different? I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I would embrace any MMO that builds a strong community of RPers. The worlds lore is a good indication of that fact, so I hope to see more lore coming out.

Zigzag said:
RP is a key ingredient to any MMO IMO, but is overlooked quite a bit. Will HJ be different? I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I would embrace any MMO that builds a strong community of RPers. The worlds lore is a good indication of that fact, so I hope to see more lore coming out.

One thing that has been overlooked in MMO's are tools or mechanisms that encourage roleplaying and/or telling a story arc that allows for immersion. Game delivered content just isn't RP conducive, at least here to now.
I beleive that this is something that HJ is attempting to remedy.
What has been lacking, is the ability of dynamic reaction to PC's actions in relation to the telling of a story. Basicly it has always been NPC delivered dialogue directing players to specific areas where they encounter MOBS to kill and more NPCs to find the next point of interest.
Human delivered dialogue as an example, story content from a GM is what would make for more immersion and would encourage RP.

Even better, if a system could be developed where players could be issued roles to play in the game world. Meaning that as a player you log into the game world not only to accomplish your own goals, but to interact with other players as a form of content.
Not sure how this woulc be pulled off. I'll have to ponder it some.

I love to RP so much I always had 2 GS or DR accounts so I could RP with myself when no one else was around! (Hence Gnarm and Gnickia)

blur said:
That's not loving to role-play mate, that's the onset of madness ;)

...makes me think of that scene where Smeagol and Gollum are talking to one another, next to the river. The reflection is Gollum, the other is Smeagol....

When you RP two characters and they are having a good time, everyone is having a good time.

Fight with yourself like Smeagol, and boy are you going to get funny looks.

Back