Who/What is the "Passenger"?

I can't recall if I have seen this topic here or at sd-1, but would anyone like to speculate further as to the meaning of Lazeray's warning to Sydney regarding the "Passenger"? I mean, you can really let your mind go wild and think that he was referring to some sort of time travel passenger. . . Lauren really is a woman from Rambaldi's time, etc.. . . . . or you can take it on a much more simple level and try to figure out what vehicle he was referring to in order to figure out the identity of the passenger. . . . .I am really curious about this clue. It was just thrown out there by Lazeray and then no one has mentioned it since, not even Sydney. . . . .any thoughts?

you make some good points...although this should be in the speculation section, i really have no idea what the passenger could be referring to!!!!! i mean, st. aiden referred to a code name lazarey uses...how random is that? the passenger could really be anything!!!!

I know! It really could be anything. . .good point about the St. Aiden clue. We were not blessed with Will's knowledge that it was a contact name when he was researching . . . .I know I am making an assumption in linking it with Lauren. I am just thinking that the fact that she appeared on screen immediately after the clue was given meant something - maybe not - it is ALias. I am in total withdrawal without a new epidsode! I cannot wait until next weekend!

On a practical note - how do I move this to the speculation section? Do I need an administrator to do it? I don't want to get in trouble. . . :eek:

Moving to General Alias seeing as there is no Spoilers...

--Mandy :angelic:

hmmm who could the passenger be/???

maybe someone else.. maybe it could be... wow i ahve nonlcue... this is intersting! jsut thinking aboiut it!

I think the passenger is the baby who, if born, is going to be evil and reek havoc on Sydney and everyone else's life. If the prophecy is true and about Sydney then the baby is the reduring of the greatest power unto utter desolation.

Others have speculated that the passenger is a Syd-Rambaldi baby...but maybe that's misdirection so we don't figure out who/what the real passenger is.

Maybe, in addition to taking Syd's eggs, something was implanted (the passenger) in her abdomen.

Vaughnlovesonlysyd said:
Others have speculated that the passenger is a Syd-Rambaldi baby...but maybe that's misdirection so we don't figure out who/what the real passenger is.

Maybe, in addition to taking Syd's eggs, something was implanted (the passenger) in her abdomen.
Interesting! Never thought about that - something else could have been implanted in Sydney. . . .Lazarey's warning (to me) appears to acknowledge that the passenger is already in existence, so that might negate any current theories of the passenger being a yet-to-be born product of SYD and Rambaldi (Yuck!). Ok, I just had a really far out thought. . ..scratch my earlier thought that Lauren is a time travel passenger. - what if it is Mr. DSR himself - Kendall - sent to monitor "research" into the Rambaldi prophecy? Your mind can really get blown if you think about all of the possibilities. . . .I love this show.

verdantheart said:
joey said:
If so, why did he choose someone so very incompetent?
:blink:
I see your point to a degree, Verdantheart, but query this. . . . .

Lauren was not so incompetent in getting Vaughn to fall in love with her and so far has not been so incompetent to get other people to believe that she is who she says she is. . .

As far as her supposed incompetence in the field, this also could have been a ruse when one compares her shooting of the Richard Roundtree character in the prison where she was shocked at the feeling of a gun in her hand to her recent finesse with a shotgun from sniper range. . . .

Interestingly, if she really is a woman from so long ago, she might also be acclimating herself to the personal freedoms and opportunities to show strength that we as modern women sometimes take for granted while yearning for more. . . .just my thoughts. By the way, I always look for your comments on the boards, verdantheart - you rock.

[quote name='joey'spizza' date='Feb 9 2004, 09:22 AM']I see your point to a degree, Verdantheart, but query this. . . . .

Lauren was not so incompetent in getting Vaughn to fall in love with her and so far has not been so incompetent to get other people to believe that she is who she says she is.  . .

As far as her supposed incompetence in the field, this also could have been a ruse when one compares her shooting of the Richard Roundtree character in the prison where she was shocked at the feeling of a gun in her hand to her recent finesse with a shotgun from sniper range. . . .[/quote]
I have a problem with this. Why? Because if she is so very good at acting (shows shock at shooting the guy at the detention center (it wasn't Roundtree, BTW, it was that fat slug guy who was in the cell next to Sydney), then why is she so nervous when approaching the files on Vaughn's desk?! Someone could see her having a fit of the nerves. This should not be a new experience for her. (I'll even grant you that she might have been acting scared with Sark when she's actually better.) Either the character is being portrayed inconsistently or the character is incompetent. Either way, Burbank, we have a problem.

Interestingly, if she really is a woman from so long ago, she might also be acclimating herself to the personal freedoms and opportunities to show strength that we as modern women sometimes take for granted while yearning for more. . . .just my thoughts. 
Maybe, but Lauren isn't the character to do it with. Why? See above. The character is too inconsistent or incompetent--take your pick. Either way, she's kind of a mess, and I think the best thing might be to have her removed--and I really hate to see myself say that, especially with so few female characters on the show.

By the way, I always look for your comments on the boards, verdantheart - you rock.
Thx :blush:

verdantheart said:
I have a problem with this. Why? Because if she is so very good at acting (shows shock at shooting the guy at the detention center (it wasn't Roundtree, BTW, it was that fat slug guy who was in the cell next to Sydney), then why is she so nervous when approaching the files on Vaughn's desk?! Someone could see her having a fit of the nerves. This should not be a new experience for her. (I'll even grant you that she might have been acting scared with Sark when she's actually better.) Either the character is being portrayed inconsistently or the character is incompetent. Either way, Burbank, we have a problem.

Interestingly, if she really is a woman from so long ago, she might also be acclimating herself to the personal freedoms and opportunities to show strength that we as modern women sometimes take for granted while yearning for more. . . .just my thoughts. 
Maybe, but Lauren isn't the character to do it with. Why? See above. The character is too inconsistent or incompetent--take your pick. Either way, she's kind of a mess, and I think the best thing might be to have her removed--and I really hate to see myself say that, especially with so few female characters on the show.

By the way, I always look for your comments on the boards, verdantheart - you rock.
Thx :blush:
LOL - See, you really Do rock Verdantheart!! I personally saw her purported nervousness in approaching Vaughn's files as relating to the fact that she was actually going to have to use that info. to have him killed and she kinda likes the dude she was sent to spy on. . . .Anyway, I completely agree with you that her character is inconsistent and I do not think I am a rocket scientist in suggesting that her character "development" (for lack of a better word) is really character rehabilitation in light of fan reaction to her. . . . .Give us a reason to hate her instead of . . . . . well, just hating her for sport. . .

Ultimately, Burbank does have a problem and I for one would join the movement to make a six-year contract one for six months - Harsh I know, but sometimes you just gotta face facts. . . .

Also, my bad on the Roundtree reference. The guy was Round though . . . . . :smiley:

Dim Bulb said:
what if the passenger is something like a disease?
Now THAT is interesting!! I mean, the writers certainly do like to use viruses as a means of leverage - I am thinking of Season 2 - Syd's mission to save Vaughn from the Ebola-like virus that killed Richter -- and if the passenger is a virus such that it could be part of the prophesy so as to bring utter desolation unto the world, we really could be dealing with something of biblical proportions. . . .Now, just to figure out what vessel or vehicle the "passenger virus" is in.. . .a human, a vial,. . .good thought!

thank you. it sounds like something that could be transmitted (duh! what am i saying!). i think i'll go look up passenger, ya never know whatll come up.

UM...I don't know if someone has already said this, but I think that the Passenger is whoever they are putting the Rambaldi child in.

joey said:
Referring to the vehicle passanger idea...remember in Syd's dream the car that she and Dixon were in? Did that show any significance besides being a St. Aiden? That couldn't be its only meaning, as St. Aiden was also referred to later with Will. Maybe it had to do with the passenger of that car. Perhaps the time period they seemed to be in in that sequence (40's? 50's?) is significant too.

Of course the car = St Aidan = Lazarey so the passenger would be inside Lazarey? Perhaps that's too literal!
:lol:

Or Dixon, being the passenger in the car, could be the passenger Lazarey was warning about. If you take the analogy to its literal conclusion than it would make Lazarey the vehicle. . .and seeing as though it appears we have seen the last of Lazarey who/whatever the passenger is would still be with him. (We never really did get closure on what happened to him. We just assumed that the Lauren-inflicted gunshot wound was fatal). I do not think we need to go through another body exhumation a la Sloane in the stormy graveyard scene when he had to dig up Emily . . .this theory would go toward the rumors of Dixon turning to the dark side (not to sound too Star Wars-like here). . . .. .interesting. Another good point, Amanda2pt0.

Back