Who's Sydney's REAL father?

Sovereign_m said:
well jack is her father but its not really a good thing to have a father who never smiles, whats the deal with that
The man's life exploded in his face. His wife--a woman he loved more than life--turned out to be a KGB agent sent to spy on him--someone who in all probability regarded him with nothing more than contempt. Subsequent to that event, Jack wound up as a double agent in SD-6--with the unfortunate consequence that to keep his daughter safe from his profession, he had to distance himself from her. The poor man has few if any friends and his daughter doesn't even think to invite him to Thanksgiving dinner. I don't think I'd smile a whole lot, either.
;)

true but i figured it out, on one day where all important alias characters were signing books jack actually smiles and its not a pretty sight, he didnt suit it, maybe why he never smiled in legally blonde too.

i think that would be so creepy!
being sydney sloane instead of sydney bristow?
i seriosuly doubt it
i mean, isnt sloane so inlove with emily?
so why cheat on her?
why would irina had an affair wiht sloane?

i dont think jj is that crzy

ok here's an idea...if sloane and irina really did have sex the reason behind it could be to fulfill the prophecy...i mean irina is so into rambaldi that if she truly believed that that was what needed to be done i believe that she would step up to the plate and sleep with sloane (yuck) :eek:

freelancer1 said:
AliasALIAS said:
They didn't know about the Prophecy when Sydney was born.
how do you know
Because the Prophecy's content was not revealed until Sydney recovered it.

LDaphen Aug 20 2003 said:
not the prophecy that we all know about...there could have been others
Definitely (y) But hopefully it did not state that Sloane needed to have a baby with Irina! :lol:

i mean if you think about it when we enterered that story sloane already knew a lot about rambaldi and was obsessed as was irina so there could have been something that we don't yet knoow about..... :woot:

I guess your theory makes sense, but I don't like the idea that Sloane could be Syd's dad. I don't like that idea at all. Oh well, maybe we'll find out in Season 3.

First, assuming that both Irina and Sloane knew about the prophecy 30+ years ago (which we have no evidence for, since it was invisible on a page in a manuscript buried beneath Mt Aconcagua for hundreds of years . . .)--but let's assume that they did, from another source or whatever--we still have the following questions:
  • Would they want to bring about the prophecy?
  • How would they know that they had to have a child together to actualize this prophecy?
That's a lot of unanswered questions per square inch.

Going on to the basic question of Sydney's paternity . . . I think I've touched on this before, but here's a couple of cents worth. To make Sloane Sydney's biological father would create a mildly interesting twist at some dramatic cost:
  • The father-daughter relationship between Jack and Sydney is fundamental to the series. And, while making Sloane Sydney's biological father would increase the pathos of Jack's situation, it would also tend to undermine the bond that is one of the cornerstones of the series.
  • Making Sloane Sydney's father would introduce a certain inconsistency into Sloane's character. Consider Sloane's devotion to Emily. Sloane's devotion to Sydney, while significant, is not nearly so great. While he at times has attempted to protect her (tipping off the CIA to a set-up "hit"), he has also ordered her killed ("Truth Be Told," "Spirit"). Jack has repeatedly put his own life on the line to save Sydney's. Sloane never has done this. Yet, he put himself at considerable risk for Emily.
I'm not saying it's impossible, but I like it a lot better as a red herring than an eventual outcome. I think Mr Abrams likes the idea of us mulling the idea over endlessly. Plus, I like the idea that Sloane was involved in Sydney's birth somehow, but more as architect than actor, if you will.
;)

There should be a Jerry Springer episode on this subject...I think it would go something like this:

CROWD: JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

JERRY S : Well, welcome to the show. If you just tuned in, today's topic is:" My Real Dad May Be An Evil Rambaldi Lunatic".

CROWD: CHEERS AND BOO'S WILDLY

Jerry S: She's an agent for the CIA, and has been missing for the past two years-with no memory of ever being gone-her mother is KGB and -get this- her dad is CIA! Of course we're talking about none other than- Sydney Bristow!

CROWD ROARS WITH CHEERS AND WHISTLES

SYDNEY: Thank you Jerry.

JERRY S: Well, Sydney! It seems you have another problem on hands now-care to explain to the people at home?

SYDNEY:Sure. You see, Jack has been my dad for my whole life-well, actually nannies raised me after my KGB mother had faked her death--oh, yeah-Jack also trained me to be a spy when I was little-anyway back to the point. Now I find out that Sloane-my evil Rambaldi obsessed ex-boss-now supposedly turned good guy--may be my REAL father!!

CROWD: WOW!

JACK: You people act as if it's the first time an evil guy turned out be a good guy's-well, girl's in this case--father! Was I the only one to see "The Empire Strike's Back"?

SLOANE: Jack, my friend, how many times do I have to tell you--I'm not a bad guy anymore. I'm a new man. Remeber, "Peace".

SYDNEY: SHUT UP SLOANE! PEACE MY --BLEEP--! YOUR NOT FOOLING ANYBODY!

CROWD STANDS AND CHEERS

JACK: That's my girl. You tell him, honey.

SYDNEY with a smile: Thanks dad-uh...if you are my dad..

JERRY: Well, we have a surprise guest for all of you....COME ON OUT IRINA!

SYDNEY: MOM?!!

JACK AND SLOANE: IRINA?!

IRINA: Hello, Sydney.....Jack..(nods towards him)...Sloane.(gives him the "Irina Derevko -cold as ice -Stare")

JERRY S: What is she doing here, you ask? Irina is here to find out the results of the paternity test.

SYDNEY: OH, MY GOSH! You mean you really did sleep with Sloane?!!

SLOANE smiles smuggly

JACK to Sloane: Go ahead. Keep smiling. It'll just give me a better shot to knock ALL your teeth out.

IRINA: Yes, I slept with Sloane. But Sydney you have to understand....it was the 70's...swapping partners was "the thing to do" back then.

JACK:eek:h,Please, Irina! It was only just that one time we swapped partners!..and we were very high!

SYDNEY: WHAT?!!

SLOANE: Don't look so shocked, Sydney. It was normal to be "high" back then too.

JACK: Enough of this useless banter! Is Sydney my daughter or isn't she? Because even if she is NOT, she will always be my little girl, despite what my ex-wife and ex friend do or say. (takes Sydney's hand, and turns towards her) I just wanted you to know that.

SYDNEY * in tears and with faint smile across her lips*: Thank you...dad.

SLOANE: Over my dead body!

JACK/IRINA: That shouldn't be a problem.

*Sloane rolls his eyes* and WHISPERS: as if!...

JERRY S: I have the test results in my hand. But before I say the results, lets go to my final thought--You know it dosen't matter who your biological parents are. What matters is--

IRINA: READ THE RESULTS!!!! OR YOUR THROAT WILL MEET MY KNIFE!

JERRY S: Ok, FINE!...But I'm only doing it because I want to!-And it's NOT because I know you've killed in cold-blood before!

JERRY S: SLOANE- You ARE NOT the father of Sydney.

*JACK AND SYDNEY BREATHE A SIGH OF RELEIF AND HUG*

JERRY S: JACK- You ARE NOT the father of Sydney either!.

CROWD: GASPS

SYDNEY/JACK: HUH?!

JERRY S: KENDELL is your REAL father, Sydney! We did a secret test after your mother confessed to sleeping with Kendell-in order to get information out of him that Jack wasn't able to provide.

CROWD: KENDELL! KENDELL! KENDELL!

SLOANE: But....but...

JACK: I KNEW IT!

SYDNEY/SLOANE: YOU DID?!

JACK: No. But I wished I did. I could of killed him last season when he was guest starring!.....hey, where did your mother go? She has some explain'n to do!

*empty seat where Irina should have been* * Jack stomps off stage followed by Sloane and Sydney, where they get into a black tinted limo back to the CIA headquarters*

JERRY S: That's are show for today. Thank you for joining us. Untill next time, I'm Jerry Springer!

Honestly, Jack has to be Syd's dad. Because if he isn't --I'll be in denial 'till the day Alias ends for good! <_<

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That was great!!!! Still catching my breath . . . (but can't imagine the actual Jack swapping wives under any circumstances . . . ^_^ )
;)

Back