TV Who's your favorite Firefly character?

Ooooh, that's so hard! There are so many interesting characters, and all for different reasons! I really like Book--he's a Shepherd, but he also knows way too much about military/law enforcement, and why did he get the high priority treatment? There's something up with him for sure. And then, River--I love how she knows too much and can do gutsy & impossible things (like take those guys out without looking) and yet is completely vulnerable. But in the end, I had to go with Simon. He can't say the right thing to save his life, but he threw everything away--a future dedicated to helping people, fortune, respect, everything--to save his sister.
;)

I'm so happy they're rounding up all the actors to make a Firefly mini-series/movie. The show had such great characters that it was sad there wasn't time for them to fully develop.

But Whedon did say that they wouldn't be able to do all the storylines that he had planned for the series. Which I think is a big shame.

That's why I was so sad about it in the other Firefly thread . . . the movie just won't do justice to the potential of the series.
:(

If the network had given it a chance I'm sure it would have gotten a solid fan basis. It didn't help that the episodes weren't shown in the right order.

It's so hard to choose just one, but maybe my favorite is Mal.. It's nice that they decided to make a movie from the series..

My heart goes out to Joss Whedon. The man has a talent that I haven't seen in anyone else. He makes up all these characters for a TV show and I can honestly say that I have an affection for EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, even the evil characters.

I'd like to say that J.J. Abrams is just like that too, but he isn't. There's a few characters that I don't like or I don't think worked. For Joss Whedon, that's not true. I love that man!!!!

Actually . . . I think I can honestly say that Riley didn't work out as planned . . . certainly not as well as planned. Firefly, though--all the original characters were gold and so was the casting. Even better (gasp! don't hate me) than Buffy--it was harder, a larger cast.

(And comparisons can be drawn between Buffy's season 6 and Alias' season 3 . . . pain-wise . . . and motive-wise)
;)

Hello fellow Firefly fans. Being Britsh the DVDs only came out last week, so i got them on friday, but have decided to take my time watching them to truely appreciate them, instead of watching the whole thing in one night like i usually do. So far i really like it, but i have only seen 3.5 eps. Zoe is my fav so far just cos she kicks ass and is extremely cool. plus Gina Torres. Like Kaylee too though cos she is just soooo sweet. :P

Back