Season 2 Why blackmail in the first place?

Why did Sloane blackmail himself in the first place? Why not just "kill" Emily and take her to the safehouse thingy? He didnt have the device yet. I thought it might be for the money or to clear up the briou (sp?) thing. But he could have just shown them the footage for briou and gotten off of that. So the only thing I can think of is the money.

Well that would have left him in hte same prediciment....he still would not be abel to see her and speak to her freely, so had to draw as much attention to his being distraught as possibile, and what better way to do that then involve the alliance?
Why set up Kane though because she was double dealing? That is certainly the pot calling the kettle black when Slaone has 100 million alliance dollars in his pocket, and a device to trick them on his hand. Who is he loyal to now? his wife or the alliance??
S.

Yes but is the part of perhaps a bigger scheme? Sloane is evil and all....but I was happy to see he did not kill Emily as well.
S.

SiriCerasi said:
Why did Sloane blackmail himself in the first place? Why not just "kill" Emily and take her to the safehouse thingy? He didnt have the device yet. I thought it might be for the money or to clear up the briou (sp?) thing. But he could have just shown them the footage for briou and gotten off of that. So the only thing I can think of is the money.
He blackmailed the Alliance because they had the timerity to dictate terms to him. This way he feels that he has gotten "his" back. Further, he has gotten something out of Briault's murder, which bothered him. Briault was a friend, and it bothered him to find out that he had been manipulated into murdering him for no good reason. In this way, he has saved Emily and balanced the books a little with the Alliance, getting back some of what he believes they owe him, both his position on the board and the 100 million for the grief they put him through.

Plus, making himself the victim of the blackmail securely shifted suspicion for Emily's survival away from himself and onto someone else (namely Kane). That way, there was no question of his guilt should she turn up on airport security footage or be discovered to be alive in any other way.

he blackmailed them to take away the implication that he was doing it the entire time, which was a good twist I was speechless at the end of alias, i was suspecting it though

I was speechless, too, how everything he did was a set up. And yes, I had suspected Emily was at the house toward the very end.

Yeah well if you're a bad person and easily addicted and look at spoilers you knew that Emily was alive at the end... bad me :smiley:

lol....I was proud of myself...I never looked at Spoilers for this ep.

Sloane better not kill Emily...or else he really is a cold hearted... _____ (Insert word).

Back