Why Called Vaughn

I have always wondere about that. It is funny because he doesnt call her bristow. But she says it so much that michael just sounds plain weird. Maybe it is because he is supposed to be her superior so like you call teachers by their last name and your bosses by their last name she started calling him by his last name

ya kinda wierd like in ER people call john carter CARTER... thats my example haha i like vaughn its odd to hear michael.

I have always thought about why she calls him that but I think its because if she calls him Michael he might realize her true feelings.

When she was on the date with him, she called him Michael and whenever they get close she calls him Michael through..

yeah, but i don't remember her calling him micheal except to francie and maybe 1 time after that. it sounds a little akward when she says it. she sounds a lot more natural saying vaughn.

alias_fan said:
yeah, but i don't remember her calling him micheal except to francie and maybe 1 time after that. it sounds a little akward when she says it. she sounds a lot more natural saying vaughn.
yeah, I know Michael sounds so weird! :smiley:

It always bugs me when a character on a show is known only by their last name, because it sort of becomes their identity, and you forget it's their last name. It's impossible for me to picture Vaughn as Michael. HE'S VAUGHN, DAMN IT, VAUGHN!!!! Lol.

Do you realize that if Sydney and Vaughn ever get married, her name will be "Sydney Vaughn?" That just sounds bizarre..... :blink:

i think that it just sounds better.i would prefer vaughn then
syd and micheal
bristow and micheal

syd and vaughn is just better the names just seem to fit togtether but thats just me :rolleyes:

Scully never started calling Mulder "Fox." Of course, that's a pretty unusual name.

shakila said:
i think that it just sounds better.i would prefer vaughn then
syd and micheal
bristow and micheal

syd and vaughn is just better the names just seem to fit togtether but thats just me :rolleyes:
Yeah Vaughn does sound much better to call him actually.. :redhair:

I just like the sound of Vaughn too...Michael is just plain awkward. But i'm hoping she'll say it more, and it can get more personal...
By the way, SpySyd, I love your signature!!!

Azalea said:
It always bugs me when a character on a show is known only by their last name, because it sort of becomes their identity, and you forget it's their last name. It's impossible for me to picture Vaughn as Michael. HE'S VAUGHN, DAMN IT, VAUGHN!!!! Lol.
I feel the exact same way....that Vaughn is Vaughn. :P I dont see him as Michael at all.

Syd doesn't call him Michael because, to practically everyone whether it be audience or characters (except stupid Alice)...he's Vaughn. But I quite like the name... ;)

But it doesn't bug me that shows do that. I mean, it IS their identity. First names are no more identifying than last names I think. :D

Vaughn does sound better. Although even when they slept together she still didn't want to call him Michael, even though he asked her to. Maybe it's just a personal thing.

Back