Why Can't I?

Sorry it took me so long to review this- I was gone all day! I luved the chapter! It was really sweet! (and I KNEW it was Vaughn!! :lol: ) update soon!!! thanx for the pm!!!

Em

hehe this is cute so far :D
if syds with danny, how is she going to be with vaughn? Ohhhh im hooked...hehe can you pm me when you update? thanks

DBrizz, I haven't reviewed one of your stories in FOREVER! But I'm glad I found this - it's really good. I'm so looking forward to more descriptions about his yummy green eyes... 🤤 :blush:

Oh i love the stories where Vaughn and Syd meet in a crazy way!
This is so cute! So does Vaughn know Jack...so therefore does he know this is Jack's daugher??
Can i please getta PM when u update!?
-sparky-

OMG this is an AWSOME story!!!I LOVE IT!!!I could just look into those green eyes forever!!! :D do you think i could get a pm :angelic: CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!!!

jgmvlover said:
danny has to go
s/v 4ever
hehe, love your frankness... and i also completely agree. :eek: :lol:

i'd love for you to update this story...but don't you have another one to think about? :shames db into working on our story and then cackles mercilously:

:Ph34r:

haha! go read it rwizz! anyway chapter three for this one is about half done but I have to go get an eye exam (crosses fingers, please contacts please!) so I'll post it when I get back ;)

sorry to make you wait! in the meantime you can go read my other one (with rwizz) A Gamble. there's a link in my sig ;)

dbrizz :syd2:

woohoo!! third part! I'm so pleased with myself *puffs up chest and grins* !! :D

so I hope you like it. jus' a little fluffy, enjoy. ;) oh and there's a more selfish reason behind the lemonade in the story. I hate coffee. :smiley: so in my world, they like lemonade. :P

read and review! I'll start work on chapter four *sits down at her 40's style typewriter and begins to type furiously* *sees a floating piece of lint and runs happily after it* (short attention span ;))

BTW this chap is dedicated to Kate_Jones. read her post about the green eyes and you'll know why ;)

Ok Bristow. Stop being a sissy and get it together. Sydney resolved herself; besides, you ARE a field rated agent of the U. S. government! I think you can handle one cute guy!…Wow he really is isn’t he…she mentally smacked herself.

“Are you sure you’re ok…Miss Bristow?” Michael Vaughn asked.

Sydney laughed. “Yes, I’ll be fine, but not unless you stop calling me “Miss Bristow” and “Ma’am” I feel like you’re talking to my mother!” He grinned. She went all fuzzy inside.

“Ok, it’s a deal but then you have me Michael, or Vaughn I suppose.” He replied, smiling at her. Wow she’s beautiful. He thought to himself.

“Hmm…Vaughn,” she rolled it around in her mouth, then she brightened. “I like Vaughn, I’ll call you Vaughn.”

“Listen, if you feel up to it I’d like to try and repent for nearly killing you with a…coffee?" Vaughn asked, secretly thrilled she’d picked “Vaughn” instead of “Michael.” Alice always called him Michael, especially when she was mad at him which, a trace of annoyance flickered into his eyes, was exceedingly often.

“Sure. And Vaughn, you didn’t almost kill me. It was a…a freak jogging accident. They happen more frequently then they claim on the news.” She put on her “announcer voice”. “In the past year there have been a record 1 million freak jogging accidents resulting in absolutely no damage in the long run and actually rather a lot of good. Jogging headphone sales have skyrocketed,” she held up her smashed earpieces, “and it is now estimated that one in two people will be involved in freak jogging accident in the next four hours.”

Vaughn looked at her, how the h*ll can you be in love with someone you’ve just met?!? He wondered silently to himself forgetting all about Alice, the CIA, terrorists, the new threat of something called SD-6 which he’d recently been assigned to, the whole world melted away as he watched this beautiful woman laughing at her own joke. He laughed with her.

“Oh but Vaughn I might like to add that it happens to be July, about 85 degrees out so maybe instead of a coffee a…lemonade?” She asked trying to pull him out of his reverie…what is he thinking?? What am I doing?!?! Sydney asked herself as she felt herself wanting more than anything to know everything that was floating through this man’s head. She looked him in the eyes.

Oh no. Big mistake Syd! Big. HUGE! She got lost again. The problem was, she didn’t mind. She’d never felt anything quite like sinking into his deep green eyes. Her heart flip-flopped. No, her heart did a double back handspring with a twist into a front rollover ending with a no-handed tuck jump; the judges stood up, clapped and gave her a perfect score. Uh oh.

Oh no. Vaughn thought as he lifted his gaze and saw Sydney staring intently into his eyes. You shouldn’t have looked at her man! He somehow heard himself think this in precisely Weiss’s voice. It continued. Wow. Look at those eyes! He mentally smacked himself, now he’d even converted the tiny Weiss inside his head to being in love with this stunning woman he’d only just met. That was bad.

Without realizing what was happening the intense amount of electricity they generated simply by sitting next to each other was pulling them ever so slowly closer together, like human magnets. They leaned in, feeling the other’s breath touch lightly on their lips. Sydney started to close her eyes as they leaned even closer letting gravity and electricity do the work.

“Danny! Danny you little devil come back here!” A woman in the park yelled to her little boy. Sydney’s eyes snapped open and she sat back, flustered. Oh felgercarb! Ugh! Danny… she thought, disappointed. You can’t girl, you’re engaged remember?

“Sorry.” Vaughn said, a little embarrassed, more disappointed.

“No. No it’s ok.” Sydney said, shaking off the gaping hole of ache their non-kiss had just ripped inside her. “You owe me a lemonade remember?!” She smiled at him.

He smiled back. “Then let’s go!” Vaughn said as he stood up and offered his hand down to Sydney. She happily accepted it and stood up next to him.

“Where to miss?” He asked with a slightly mischievous grin. She playfully slapped him. “I told you! No more “miss”! Ooh I know this great place down by the waterfront, we can walk if you want…it’s not very far.”

“Are you sure you’re up to it?” Vaughn asked concerned, those worry wrinkles returning to his forehead. Sydney went a little wobbly at the knees. “You were unconscious a minute ago…”

“I’m completely fine,” she said, spinning round on the ball of her foot to demonstrate her point, she promptly toppled over.

“Whoa there!” Vaughn said, this time catching her around the waist. He looked seriously worried this time.

She just laughed. “Ok so the ol’ inner ear isn’t back on it’s feet yet but I think walking’ll be fine. Thanks for catching me,” she added as he reluctantly slipped his arms from around her middle.

“So shall we go?” He asked, offering her his arm.

“Yes please,” she said, happily accepting it as they began slowly, neither of them wanted to get anywhere anytime soon, down 8th street. By the time they reached 10th their fingers had somehow become intertwined as if they were made for that purpose alone. They were laughing and nudging each other. Anyone walking by would have smiled and thought “what a lovely couple”. Sydney and Vaughn were oblivious to any of this, lost in their own world where they were the only two people on earth.

there! hope you liked it! I like how they end up always talking to eachother. I think I must talk to myself more than I think *no you shut up! no you!* uh oh...

;) well I hope you liked it! read and review! I'm going to go send PMs
dbrizz

P.S. alias4life_4 I hadn't thought of that! ummm...he doesn't really know Jack yet. but don't worry, he'll meet him! ;)

HOO-RAY im the first to respond... :eek: they almost kissed! naughty syd... vaughn is a hottie but you are engaged still girl! hehehe and yeah if its hot out they should totally be drinking lemonade not coffee :D keep it up this is a good story so far.. and thanks for the pm :lol:

SOOOOOO CUTE! stupid mother with her child...couldnt have yelled for him after...no no she HAAAAD to break their kiss...::mumbles:: i'll get her...GREAT UPDATE! :smiley: thanx for the pm!

-sarah-

Back