Why Can't I?

I absolutely LOVE this story...great job! (y) i can't wait for more. i think you have been one of my fav writers that i have read so far...thanks for the PM!
~Wendy

Mountaineer47 said:
I absolutely LOVE this story...great job!  (y)  i can't wait for more. i think you have been one of my fav writers that i have read so far...thanks for the PM!
~Wendy
oh my gosh!! you're so incredibly sweet! :big hug: and so is everybody else! :gives everyone else big hugs:

i LOVE you guys! I'm going to be kinda crazy busy til like sunday night so that'll probably be when I'm able to update next. I won't give you the gory details of my week but it involves a term paper, lots of math homework and (the one that's actually cool :smiley:) starring in my friend's movie. so anyway I hope that's a good enough excuse but just know I will update soon!

in the meantime you can go read my other fic...:Pokes at you hintingly and winks: :D

^_^ dbrizz
:syd2:

i love the whole "spy mode" thing. i can't wait for some more Syd and Vaughn action. that was a great chapter,keep up the great work (y)

-please PM me when the next chapter is up :smiley:

Great chapter! I loved it! Sorry it took me a while to review. I've been really busy the past few days. Anyways, thanks for the PM! I cant wait for more!!

Aw, thanks for those lovely descriptions of his eyes... *spaces out* Anyhoo, the last chapters have been great! I loved when Syd tried to flip him - very funny. Great job, dbrizz!
-kate

hey everybody! I'm sooooo incredibly sorry I haven't posted in..well forever! the holidays have been really busy and I'm trying to move (arg! packing is a positively hideous pasttime! :smiley:)

anyway I'm back and I'm working on the next chapter right now so it oughta be up today, maybe tomorrow. thanks for being so awesome and patient!

I luv you guys!!
dbrizz
:syd3:

hey!! woohoo! chapter is done! so here it is! I was in sort of a fluffy mood today :rolleyes: hope you like it ;)

I'm going to go send out PM's *purposefully struts off* *sticks head backa round corner* enjoy ;)

CHAPTER 5: Holding Hands With You When We're Out At Night

It had been three hours since Sydney Bristow had met, been run into, and fallen in love with Michael Vaughn. And now I’m totally in love with him. Oh felgercarb!

“C’mon slow-poke! Catch up!” Vaughn yelled over his shoulder and he ran through the obstacle course set up in the park making it a challenge to get to the beach below. The best spot for miles. For Vaughn it was fun.

Sydney quickly looked over the obstacle course and the surrounding grounds. Her eyes caught a cement wall about 10 feet high with a few chips out of it here and there. She smiled slightly and a mischievous sparkle crept into her eyes. She watched Vaughn crawling his way under a mass of ropes tied down to make a tunnel, the kind she’d been trained on so many years ago when she was a recruit. He’s so cute. I almost want to chase him just to see those little creases in his forehead. … But I’d prefer to see him shocked when I’m waiting for him on the other side. She smiled and took off for the wall.

As soon as her right foot found the first chip aka foothold Sydney grinned and tossed herself over the wall. She landed on the sandy beach on the other side and immediately switched directions and ran to the outside of the end of Vaughn’s obstacle course. She could see him getting up from the end of the rope tunnel and briefly looking around for her. Sydney smiled and sauntered to the only exit of the course. Putting her hands on her hips and sinking down to one side she struck a pose as if to say “well? where’ve you been all this time??”

Just then Vaughn came barreling out through the tangled trees that formed the exit of the low-ropes course and almost ran into her, again. This time she caught him.

“Whoa! Don’t run into me again! If I didn’t know better I’d think you were trying to kill me!” Sydney grinned up at him, still holding onto his arms.

“What? But…I…how did…when…Syd!” Vaughn’s brain came back to him as she grabbed his arms to keep him from smacking into her. “How did you? Where? But I…?”
His forehead knotted in confusion. Sydney’s smile widened as she started to laugh.

“What! Syd I’m serious! How the heck did you do that?!” Vaughn said feeling a little embarrassed as she laughed uncontrollably at him.

“Oh you’re so cute when you’re embarrassed!” She replied catching her breath from laughing. She reached up and tapped his nose with her index finger. He gave her a look. “Oh fine cranky pants! Come with me I’ll show you.” Still chuckling Sydney took his hand and led him to the wall. When they got there she looked at it. She realized it was actually much bigger then she’d thought. Huh! Wow! I didn’t know it was that big. Well, I supposed there’s no drug like adrenaline. She looked over at Vaughn who’s mouth had fallen open a little while he looked up at the wall, he closed it as he turned to her.

He turned to look at Sydney standing next to him her hair being slightly tussled by the sea breeze as she smiled up at him. He’d never seen anything more beautiful. Don’t do it man! Don’t you dare! The tiny Weiss inside his mind screamed. Mentally Vaughn told it to shut up and that he truly, honestly and completely didn’t give a hoot what it thought. He reached his hand up and under her hair; his thumb stroked her cheek as he leaned closer to her.

Don’t Syd don’t! You know you can’t, you have- She cut off her little warning voice by reaching up and running her fingers through his hair, soft, silky, exactly as she’d been picturing. She stepped close to him and leaned her face up as their lips met.
Vaughn wrapped both arms around Sydney and pulled her as close to him as he possibly could. She didn’t object and pressed her body against his while running one hand slowly down his back, keeping the other firmly entwined in his hair. The rest of the world melted away leaving them behind as the only two people in existence.
When they finally broke the kiss (solely out of the necessity of oxygen) Vaughn rested his forehead on Sydney’s and stroked her silky hair with one hand, leaving the other resting gently on her waist.

“Wow.” He muttered. He could perfectly envision the small smile that had just found it’s way onto her face even though his eyes were closed.

“I know,” she replied, one hand playing with the hair at the back of his neck. Not wanting to move for fear she’d wake up and all this would have been a dream.

Sydney pulled her forehead off his and looked into his eyes. Wow.
Vaughn looked back deep into hers. Wow.
Fireworks went off over the ocean. They both looked up. Vaughn slipped his hand other hand down around her waist. Sydney wrapped her arms around his middle and buried her face into his chest, never wanting to let go.

Vaughn laughed slightly. “I completely forgot what day it is.” He smiled. She looked up trying to recall anything other then his absolutely wonderful smell. His smile widened as he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. “July fourth?”

“Really? Wow.” Sydney said, not shifting her gaze for a moment. Of course (god he smells good!) Francie’s cooking dinner (I love those eyes!) and I’m supposed to be home by what? (mm, he’s playing with my hair again, oop there go my knees!) seven?

“Wanna keep walking?” He said absently tracing small circles on her back. She shivered.

“Sure.” Ha ha, right, like I could walk right now, I’m amazed I’m still standing up! She answered sliding one of her hands behind her back to tangle her fingers in his. Not that I EVER want to move from this spot!

Vaughn felt her hand slip into his; he tightened his fingers around hers, leaned down and kissed her again, lightly this time, smiled and slowly took a step off down the beach making sure not to ever lose contact with her.
Sydney followed and soon they were slowly scuffing off down the beach, hand in hand watching the fireworks blaze overhead. She leaned her head on his shoulder as they walked. She couldn’t remember a time when she’d been this happy. For that matter, neither could he.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sooooo?? (ooh bad Syd you have a fiance! ooh bad Vaughn you have a girlfriend! :angelic:)

alrighty, RR and R. I'll go try to find chapter 6 *whistles, here chapter chapter chapter, good boy, here chap...*

;) dbrizz
:syd1:

hey, I just sent out PM's and here's the latest PM list. Hopefully everyone below got a PM. let me know if I missed anyone!

mountaineer47
kate_jones
kittykat
alias_luver
jgmvlover
blualoha
AmyLeerockergurl15
aliasfreek
karlee
cute_as_candy
A.I.C.
jess
Sarahmañana
Aliasfan23
Alias Fan Gillian
Xtremelimits08
krzykty57789
hotpot
anyaherrera
vartanaddict247
sarahh729
wildwildrae
alias4life_4
mindy

;) dbrizz

karlee said:
nice! I was listening to the song when I was reading it!
that's fun to do, I tried to make it correspond with the song as best I could ;) everybody should try that! listen to the song while you're reading. :smiley:

that was so sweet and perfect- the fireworks in the background and all!! that was great!! thanx for the pm and update soon!!! that was amazing!!

Em

I'm soo glad you liked it! :D thanks for reading ;)

dbrizz

Awwww Awww (grins like an idiot) That was so good! I absolutely loved it! The fireworks that shot off after they kissed was perfect! Thanks for the pm! Please update soon! And make Syd break up with Danny (are they engaged) and Vaughn ditch Alice. I think Alice and Danny would make a much cuter couple...

Please Pm me again when you update!
Thanks,
Bekah

AWWWWW....i wonder what will happen when they remember they werent single when they meant????I hope no time soon!!I love the syd and vaughn fluff :D GREAT CHAPTER!CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE~!!
-thanx 4 the pm ;) and the kiss was perfect :D

the chapter was great...with the kiss and the fireworks...oh, it was sooo sweet...i can't wait for more!!!
~Wendy 🐒 <---heh, i just thought he was cute

Back