Season 4 Why did Jack punch Sloane?

Hi, I'm new here. I looked through all the thread titles and I don't think that this question has been raised yet. But if it has, please let me know or delete my post or spank me or scold me or something. :P But anyway, why did Jack punch Sloane after Sloane revealed that he was really on their side in the subway station? Shouldn't everyone have been appreciative that Sloane's seemingly betrayal was really an attempt by him to overthrow Elena and that he was really on their side? Am I missing something here? :Ponder:

If I was Jack I would've done the same thing. I mean, Sloane did have could've had a real motive to join Elena with the whole Rambaldi thing and since he didn't tell Jack about his plan or anything, what else could Jack and everyone think other than Sloane going on to the other side?

Thanks, happynow. I see what you're saying. Jack and Sloane had been working in tandem for most of the season, and like you said, since Sloane didn't let Jack in on what he was doing, Jack, along with everybody else, had no choice but to think that Sloane had betrayed them.

Scarlet Crystal said:
if you were jack, would you believe sloane right away? after all they've been through?
[post="1357765"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

All they've been through IS why Jack should have believed Sloane. :D

Sloane assured Nadia that he was going to make things right when she was blaming herself about bringing Elena/Sophia to the house. Nadia lost faith and didn't stand up for her SpyDaddy Arvin. :(

i actually thought at first that he didn't believe him - but then after i thought he just did it for the hell of it cos sloane sneaked off without telling his partner in crime (since thats what the spy daddies have been this year )

I know it's not a very good analogy but I think Jack punched him for the very same reason a mother whose child has just escaped a very serious accident will sometimes slap the child - as a kind of punishment for scaring the life out of them! :lol:

Honestly, I don't really care why Jack did it. I just enjoyed watching him do it.

Though he may not have necessarily deserved it for anything he did this season, Sloane has committed enough past sins to deserve a punch.

I think Jack punched Sloane mostly because Sloane was still trying to give the orders. I think he believed Sloane almost right away, but Sloane had demonstrated once again that he wasn't giving the others information they needed; basically, Jack punched him to say, "You are not giving the orders around here any more." And yeah, after walking through Zombie World and having Nadia snatched from them, Jack is probably more than a little bit on edge, you know?

Or maybe he punched him because what Sloane did wasn't quite according to their plan.... Because wouldn't it have been interesting if Sloane actually was bad and Jack was right there with him.... Sloane turning out to be actually good and not going along with Elena maybe wasn't in the cards for Jack and it threw him for a loop.... Who knows :lol:

I thought Jack punched Sloane because he said something to Irina. Something like, "Irina, there's no time for pleasantries..." and then BAM!

But, yes, really enjoyed watching Jack do that.

Back