Why do you like CSI?

I love seeing the science they use to solve their problems!!! Also the characters are amazing, you don't really go into their personal lives all that much but you love them just the same!

i like CSI because its a good dramatic show and it has certain lessons for like teenagers and on the show the victims deal with different type of everyday problems and situations :smiley: thats why i like it :P

i like this show because of the scientific "thingies" incorporated in it, coz i am a science buff, and also i like the drama with respect to the crime scene and the drama with respect to the characters.

I'm interested in forensics and how they can solve cases with so many ways of gathering evidence

i like this show because of the scientific "thingies" incorporated in it, coz i am a science buff, and also i like the drama with respect to the crime scene and the drama with respect to the characters.

Flames and s.y.d. summed it up pretty well! That's why I love it!

What I like in CSI is the whole investigation! The science and the "puzzle" os finding out who killed sbdy and how it happened!!!! I like so much that I want to work with this thing!

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I like CSI because of a number of things.

The first is that there's not really anything like it on tv.

Most cop dramas like Law & Order deal with the whole police and legal side of things but not the forensic side.

Secondly, it is the elements of mystery. How did it happen?. Other shows just have cops turn up at the door, flash their badge make you sit through endless court cases each week and throw the bad guys in jail. Or they go oriental like Marshall Law.

With CSI, they get into the mind of the criminal. They have a more sobering take on reality. (It's not all about Mel Gibson in Leathal Weapon or like Michael Chiklis in the Shield).

There are some stories that show that things just happen by accident which is a new idea.
I guess I like it because of the characters too. There's always learning something new, and do make mistakes. They are human. (Warrick's gambling problems for example). There aren't many shows out there that put the 'heroes' on the same level as us.

Grissom is a great character. He's intelligent, inciteful, a little geeky but funny too.
He's a mentor to the rest of the team. He doesn't push them but still requires the highest level of work.

The other reason is that the show is educational. It might only be fiction but you can't help learn something - whether it's a quote from Gris or the nature of fire.
The cliffhanger prologues are great too. They drag you straight in.
</span>

The forensics
The science
The puzzle solving
The investigations
The tension
The characters
The way the characters are flawed, and get stuff wrong
The cases
The filming
The soundstrack
The overall feel of the show
The acting
My 'ship(GSR rocks!)

Baisically everything...'part from Grissoms Just-For-Men beard ;)

I used to love this show.. I guess I still do.. it's just harder to get into for me now. I just graduated.. and I had a minor in forensics. Now it's hard to watch and not feel like the mistakes in lingo or protocol aren't staring me in the face. I'd still say it's in my top 3 of enjoyable shows.. and faaaar better than any other cop drama. I'm growing annoyed though, with the copy cats. CSI: Miami just stinks.. It tried to take the idea from the original, throw in some soap opera acting.. and 70s t.v. show lighting; and make a show out of it. It just annoys me to no end.. and no amount of thong shots will save it :lol: I'm hoping CSI: New York will be more like the original.. as it looks darker in tone (and lighting ;) ) and I think big city areas are just more conducive to that kind of show. At any rate.. now we have the newer shows coming, like Hawaii (which looks like a mix of a cop show and forensics show) and Medical Investigation.. I'm just hoping they don't oversaturate the networks... causing them all to fail. In fact, William Peterson (who plays Gill and is also a producer) has said that this year will likely be his last.. as he personally is getting fed up with the copy cat shows. :blink:
LOL.. I've rambled enough :P

Why do I like it. Well for me it puts things into a differnet perspective. I mean you can see things in a different light. Like it has been said by several of the CSI cast even though you are not working with dummies it still has an affect that can change a person forever.

Why do I love the show? It's well-written. There are interesting stories. I love "who dunnit" shows that are based in forensics rather than cops or lawyers. There's humor mixed with drama. Great characters.

But my main reason for loving this show is George Eads. The man is a terrific actor and has created one of my all-time favorite characters on television - Nick Stokes.

The show is well written and well made, actors are good and it's interensting and has drama and always full of suprises, but still there are always funny comments and the show isn't too screwed up with odd relationships with character, but still there is the tension what will happen... I just :blush: love the show

I like the show because it's just interesting. It's fun to follow a crime scene investigation through to the end and see all the interesting ways people commit the crimes, and how they solve them. I guess it's just got a feel too it. Honestly.

The episodes are really good and very interesting how they go about trying to fine the murder with the science and the cops, also the actors are very good and the story line are very good as well and very interesting and some stories are based on real cases and i even used to be scared a bit when i was younger when i was watching them.

Back