Why do you not like Myspace?

frostydf2

Cadet
I've been told so many times how lame Myspace is, and I haven't really heared any reasons. I would honestly love to hear them. I do have a myspace, but I'm not constnatly on it either, or obsessed with it.

So let me know!

Well... I will go at this with bullets. Because I can.

• No matter what your myspace is about, it will get tons of random posts by emo kids flaming you.
  • Its become so popular now, that everyone and their mother thinks that its the coolest thing on the block.
  • There are other, just as good, blogging sites out there to use.
  • Last but not least, I hate anything close to daily journals.

I visited it once over a year ago to download a song from an unsigned band and have never been back. Just didn't attract my attention long enough I guess.

Its turned into more of a way for people to feel cool on the internet. Not to mention all the sexual preditor felgercarb you hear about now all the time. Sure its probably one of the most visited sites on the internet but whats the point. If I really wanted some little smart ass to flame anything I said I would just go visit the WOW forums I don't need MySpace for that.

It seems on par with the rest of the sites like that ex. HotorNot, and whatever else their is just not my type of site to spend my day on.

I have & use MySpace, barely... I'm only there cuz of my friends that are. My blog is on my own personal website, I have my own hosting service and my own websites, if I use MySpace it kind of takes away from my own.

~ Jaraeth

well emo kids dont mess with black people.. just pointing that out and im on it because i meet people at diffrent school around me and some fyne ass girls but im taken.. and this girl i go with now i would have never really talked to her if there wasnt myspace becasue i talked to her at the mall and stuff and then we talked on myspace then yeah on the phone and then hooked up but.. i then like myspace because i can get my music heard and maybe a famous person will be going threw myspace and hear us and try to sign us never know.. it has happened.. but what i hate about myspace its always somthing wrong with it and the stupid ass bullention people be posting.. like bullentions if you dont post this in 5mins your going to die and felgercarb i hate that.. but other then that its cool wit me im not addicted to it or anything.. but i guess its where i live every1 has 1

Like it or not, MySpace is a GREAT, great place to make that ever so important first contact with a girl.

What a wonderful tool; on this website you've got girls advertising themselves down to the very last detail. After an e-mail or two back and forth, you've got a phone number and can go from there. By the time you actually meet the girl, you've already established yourself as charming/wonderful/funny/confident/whatever she's looking for based on what she's got on her page, heh.

Is this evil? Hell no. Girls who aren't actively looking from attention from guys either won't put themselves out there on the internet or won't respond to your e-mails..and they certainly won't give out numbers. It's all a big game.

No no! Please, by all means, say what you want.

As I stated in my post in the introduction thread, I highly encourage the flow of constructive posting when the poster has a valid opinion that he/she can express without taking expense from who they're responding to.

I'd love to hear reflections to my thoughts on MySpace, just don't be a **** when you respond :smiley:

i don't like that it allows people to freely change their site almost how ever they want. i understand that people want to have their own little page styled their own way, but most of the time its just a mess. and most people don't even realize that they have two music clips and a video clip on their site that all play at the same time and for some reason are way louder then the tunes your already listening to before they start blaring out your speakers.

and i don't understand why high profile folks with huge budget websites of their own already have a myspace page. outside of that, i understand why its popular. still don't like it.

Mywho? I dont go there, wont go there. Heard about it on the radio and that wasy enough for me to think that its a waste of my time. From the sounds of it, it sounded like a place for kids anyhow...they go posting their 'dear diaryies' for all to read about or some silly...

Well, for one I'm not a very social person, people tend to annoy me. Also I don't feel the need to post everything about my life on some website. I also find the way most people pose for their pictures to be extremely stupid. Whats with the wierd angles and such?

All I really go there for is to check up on bands that I like.

deathmetal said:
Well, for one I'm not a very social person, people tend to annoy me. Also I don't feel the need to post everything about my life on some website. I also find the way most people pose for their pictures to be extremely stupid. Whats with the wierd angles and such?

All I really go there for is to check up on bands that I like.

you only post about your life if you want to.. you blog if you want to me i personaly dont do that blog ish and i dont read other peoples.. but its not mainly a site for posting about your daily

I truely enjoy MySpace becuase I can stay in contact with all of my friends at one place, and make sure we still remember who we are. I don't have to memorize their e-mails, I don't have to be 'online' for them to talk to me, and it's a great way to understand an individual as Shadow pointed out.

In my honest opinion, MySpace was one of the greatest ideas brought onto the internet. I used to dispise of MySpace, but lately, I'm very fond of it :smiley:

I never keep close contact with the people I meet because I usually find out something bad about them that pisses me off or I find something completely stupid for them to get offended about, and then I have kick their a$$es.

75% of myspace is whiny emos. And all of their little pages are badly built and filled with felgercarb that makes it hard to manuever about. And they're also whiny emos. That whine. About stuff.

But still, it is better than the WoW forums.

Xblood said:
you only post about your life if you want to.. you blog if you want to me i personaly dont do that blog ish and i dont read other peoples.. but its not mainly a site for posting about your daily

That's just the thing. I would have possibly two entries during the year because I honestly don't feel the need to go about telling my life story to anyone of the hundreds of thousands of people using myspace. It's just not worth it in my opinion, but I guess if you are a hardcore diary type person, by all means, MySpace away!

I think programs like Myspace and its spin offs (my own thingie is on Bebo) are great for keeping in touch.

As life progresses we are often times pulled away from people who were once important to us, but with sites like these it's easier to keep them in our lives.

They are also a great tool for raising awareness of small bands, to give them a chance to build themselves a community and to communicate with their fans.

Myspace also gives an outlet for the emotional crowd, a chance to communicate with people who see the world in similar colours. There are plenty of people who (for whatever reason) cannot relate to the people around them. This might be because their interest is obscure (I have a friend fascinated with particular type of posable dolls), or likely to have them judged for it (again we can bring the emo example here), or any number of reasons.

Remember folks, emo kids are people too, and if things like Myspace let them become better ones, I am all for it.

shadow001 said:
Like it or not, MySpace is a GREAT, great place to make that ever so important first contact with a girl.

I was always under the impression thats what alcohol was for....Could be wrong I have been in the past :P

Back