Sci-Fi Why Does Sci Fi Have Such A Bad Rep?

Considering that my day job is a Code Monkey (aka: programmer), I proudly wear the Geeks & Freaks badge. ;)
Wear it with pride. It's a pity that society as a whole seems to look down on those of us that actually use our minds, and use our chosen area of entertainment as a way to examine and question the world in which we live. Sci Fi at its best can help us discuss morals and ethics, help us examine contemporary political situations in a different environment, even take a look at our selves and our lives. It's a shame too many people just write off sci fi as flying saucers and men from Mars.

Well it might be in the nature of Science Fiction itself. It's is a thinkers and intellectual genre, which most people don't have the time or energy to learn all the things that is involved with science. Also by it's very questioning and skeptical in nature thus it attracts such people: skeptical and hard to convince we defeated by our own nature... :P

I'm a huge fan of sci-fi, especially Star Wars, Alien, Battlestar Galactica, Mass Effect and Halo. I've been working on a web series that is science fiction. So far I haven't had much exposure for it so I figured I'd check out some sci-fi forums and share with you guys. I make other films too and they seem to get more views than my sci-fi stuff. I don't know if it's the sci-fi aspect or the fact that it's in black and white. It's inspired by old serials of the 1950's. It's a fun story with a good message. Here is the second episode if anybody would to check it out. I'm making seven total and they all have a theme of oppression and standing up for your beliefs.

Back