Season 4 Why is episode 5 shown before episode 4?

I know this sounds like a stupid question but is there a reason that the alias episodes aren't being shown in order??? Or did they just decide to switch episodes around??

yeah, I know. "Ice" comes next Wednesday not "Detente." I think that when AA got these headings they apparently made a mistake. "Ice" is epsiode 4 and "Detente" is episode 5. It would be crazy if JJ decided to switch the eps. The storyline would become a mess. A simple mistake that everybody could do.

They've done this before, though not as drastically. Back in season 2 the episode with Ethan Hawke was supposed to be the episode that aired after the superbowl, but they switched it with "phase one" which was originally supposed to be after it. It's kind of funny now because if you look back in the Ethan Hawke episode there's no mention of SD-6 being taken down even though it had just happened inthe previous episode.

sya said:
No they are indeed swithching eps.  They even moved ep. 9 to ep. 5.
[post="1158577"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

UncoveringAlias said:
Ya, Welcome To Liberty Village is ep. 5, not Detente
[post="1158585"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>What?!??!</span>

That wouldn't make any sense at all!

Someone please shed some light on this!!!!!!

OMG has JJ lost it! Some body needs to teach him count!!!! Why does it have to be so confusing? GRRR! So what esp. comes on next week?
Sandy05
[attachment=15647:attachment]

OK JJ said that the first couple episodes would be self contained. That's why the eps can be moved around so easily.

And maybe JJ thought that episode 9 was a very strong episode and would please viewers, so he threw it earlier in the season to capture the attention of some viewers who are on the edge of not sticking around

Maybe Welcome to Liberty Village fits better earlier in the season, who knows

Either way, I dunno about any of you, but I'm more excited to see "Welcome to Liberty Village" than any other episode! The absolutely disturbing title is why. If JJ is allowing it to be called that, it must be awesome

No Detente is now Epi. 6. Since they're swithching eps. they'll also most probably be switching scenes. abcmedianet has the correct info and says Welcome To Liberty Village is Epi.5. This is probably being done so that A) The stronger Eps. air earliar or B) The more confusing Eps. air later.

Yeah, see....

I think JJ wants to get all of the self contained episodes at the front of the season.

So basically the schedule goes as follows:
1. APO
2. APO
3. The Awful Truth
4. Ice
5. Welcome to Liberty Village
6. Detente
7. Nocturne
8. Echoes
9. A Man of His Word
etc...

since they are self-contained eppy's ... they are not changing anything in the storylines ... cause everything would be solved in the same episode, with no cliffhangers for the next one ... ;)

i know the episodes are self-contained, so switching them around wouldn't make that much of a difference, but shouldn't we see some progression between character relationships? sv, syd and nadia, weiss and nadia, jack and everybody? you know, they can't just not develop. those parts of the episodes can't just be moved around so easily--i hope jj remebered that

Maybe he felt that for people to understand a relationship, they needed to see a certain episode before another. Or they felt that the relationship of certain people needed to be unraveled in a different way, so they moved one episode in front of another.

I'm sure they fit together alright - they wouldn't move episodes if they dont fit together properly. Still, this is interesting news. Changing episode order so late is pretty rare isn't it?

aliasfanjay said:
I'm sure they fit together alright - they wouldn't move episodes if they dont fit together properly. Still, this is interesting news. Changing episode order so late is pretty rare isn't it?
[post="1162780"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Its actually not new news it's been known since before the premire. Its odd especially as Wiess's role wasn't clear at the end of 403.
un

I guess that switching episodes explains why Liberty Village raised so many questions. Like who is Elena? Why do Jack and Sloan seem so chummy and what do they have up their sleeves? And who and/or what is Sentinal?

So maybe in the next few episodes will understand some of the stuff they talked about in Eposide 5.

It's rather confusing. :o_O:

Back