Sci-Fi why no female storm troopers?

Because weren't they all cloned off the same guy?
In the beginning, yes. They were clones of Jango Fett, father of Boba Fett.

I thought though that over time the clone army turned into more of a general army using non-clones?

Because weren't they all cloned off the same guy?

interesting thought

I imagined, it would be conservative to have male rest rooms only, that way they'd save space on the Death Star. I'm sure Darth Vader had his own personal bathroom. I'd be very uncomfortable using an officer's rest room, when I know Vader is occupying one of the stalls.

Hmm, what if Vader used his private rest room only? That would mean he may have to make a mad-dash for the bathroom one day, Especially if he's on the far side of the Death Star, far away from his personal rest room.

"EVERYONE, OUT OF MY WAY!" "Must...use...the force..."

In the beginning, yes. The were clones of Jango Fett, father of Boba Fett.

I thought though that over time the clone army turned into more of a general army using non-clones?
Very possible...it's been a while since I've seen the three original films. :smiley:

Very possible...it's been a while since I've seen the three original films. :smiley:
Last week one of the stations was showing the original Star Wars (I still refuse to call it "Star War IV: A New Hope") and not a single female member of the Empire. Couldn't see any of the Storm Troopers faces so you couldn't see if they had the same face or not but I'm about 80% sure that it is covered in the books & comics that came out before the new trilogy (and are considered canon) that the Troopers had started as a clone army but over time were supplanted by non-clones. This would make sense with SW III in that the Empire was born out of the federation of planets and thus their existing standing armies were absorbed.

(I watch/read way too much SW. :()

your right Kevin they started as clones but like everything they started to use others as far as there being no female troopers there are lots of storm troopers in the movies you only see a small few so there might be some in other places and besides how would you really know I mean unless they are built like pam anderson the armour would make it tough to tell thats just my guess.

... besides how would you really know I mean unless they are built like pam anderson the armour would make it tough to tell thats just my guess.
You're are correct; most likely in reality (did I just write in "reality" in regards to SW? :D) there'd be a standard, or close to standard, template for armor regardless of the gender of the trooper. Guess I got used to seeing some of the female cosplay troopers.

Weird that I came across this thread while searching for something else.... :cautious:

Thinking about the three prequel movies, does anybody recall there being any female characters in the Empire? I haven't watched them for a bit but don't recall any, not even with the Clone Wars animated series.

there were other females in ESB there was the rebel officer who ordered the ion cannon to be fired there was also a couple on Bespin who were women one was credited also Zuckuss and E-3PO were both played by Cathy Munro I believe that they were the only ones in the movie.

there were other females in ESB there was the rebel officer who ordered the ion cannon to be fired there was also a couple on Bespin who were women one was credited also Zuckuss and E-3PO were both played by Cathy Munro I believe that they were the only ones in the movie.
Wow, I don't recall that at all from ESB! Thanks for the heads up, I think I'll give ESB another watch on Netflix and keep an eye out for that scene.

Back