Politics Wicca, Witchcraft etc.

I'm a witch. I practice Witchcraft, and I am Wiccan. Wicca is an actual religion, and I'm pretty sure it has been since the 80's. Most Wiccans practice witchcraft, but not all of them. Wiccans worship the All (or the Spirit, they are the same), and we DO NOT believe in the Christian Satan, so we do not worship him. :blink: Basically, we worship nature. If you want to know more about Wicca, witchcraft, or just want to say something, reply!

P.S. If you want to say mean things to me because I'm a witch, I will probably cry :( (j/k) But really though, don't say mean things like I am evil or something, because I'm not. Most witches are good, because if we use magick for bad, we will probably get it back to us three-fold (like karma). So please don't be mean, but if you want to just say you don't agree with my beliefs, then that's fine. (y)

P.S.S. I have NOTHING against Christians, in fact, a couple of my friends are VERY religious Christians.

I NOW HAVE 47 POSTS!!! WOO HOO! lol the magic Rambaldi number.

Yeah, we do spells. In fact, sometimes we even use cauldrons! But not the big black ones, just small ones for making herbal potions and things. But, before you try a spell to help yourself or someone else, you have to make sure you tried to solve your problem using the "mundane" (not magick) ways. In Wicca, you can worship by yourself, or you can worship in a group called a coven. The Wiccan symbol is a pentagram. I've included a picture for visual purposes. The funny thing is, the Satanism symbol is an upside-down pentagram. But the two religions are not related in any way. Don't be afraid of asking more questions. I like questions!

Interesting learning about this. I've got some questions too.

How do you become a witch?

Why do some Wiccans practice witchcraft and some don't?

What is "magick" about in your religion? The magical power to do anything? Can you give some examples... Is the only way to do magick through spells?

Thanks for sharing!

Interesting thread, I've got some questions too.

Like spymaster said, How do you become a witch?

Does there have to be anything 'different' or 'unique trait' that you have to have to be a witch and do magick?

To do a spell do you have to focus on something really hard and concentrate on what you want or are trying to do, or do you just say some words and poof, it's there for you?

Do you use a spell book? And is there any truth to witches and wizards that we have heard?

Your're brave putting yourself out in the open like that, Kitty. :smiley:

I am too a Wiccan. Though I can't readily practice magick cuz my mom thinks it's totally Satanic (laughs at mom). I celebrate all the major Sabbats (it's almost Yule!) and am always learning more about Wicca.

spymaster said:
Interesting learning about this.  I've got some questions too.

How do you become a witch?

Why do some Wiccans practice witchcraft and some don't?

What is "magick" about in your religion?  The magical power to do anything? Can you give some examples... Is the only way to do magick through spells?

Thanks for sharing!
[post="1080331"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You become a witch by making sure that this is the right path for you to follow, and if you are then definately sure, you can either hold a dedication ceremony for yourself, or join a coven and have the ceremony with the other witches.

Some Wiccans don't practice witchcraft because they either are afraid of public ridcule, or they just don't want to.

Magick is basically spells or other things such as potions that you do/make in order to help yourself or someone else. You should always do "good" and not hurt anyone else intentionally.
Alias_Addict47 said:
Interesting thread, I've got some questions too.

Like spymaster said, How do you become a witch?

Does there have to be anything 'different' or 'unique trait' that you have to have to be a witch and do magick?

To do a spell do you have to focus on something really hard and concentrate on what you want or are trying to do, or do you just say some words and poof, it's there for you?

Do you use a spell book? And is there any truth to witches and wizards that we have heard?
[post="1080369"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

No, you can be a witch no matter who you are, as long as you believe.

Yes, you do have to focus really hard, and you HAVE to believe it will work, or else it probably won't. You have to be serious about it. The type of magick witches do isn't the kind that will make strange/interesting things appear or anything like that. It's basically more of a spiritual thing.

Yes, sometimes you use spellbooks, and they are usually written by yourself! You collect some spells, and the ones that worked for you/you like the most go in this book, called The Book Of Shadows. But you can also buy spellbooks written by other witches so that you can get ideas for spells.

Not alot of things about witches and wizards that you have heard on tv or read in fiction books is actually true. Just basically probably the fact that we do spells is about it lol! And I don't know where that whole flying on broom thing came along...
Katrina Halliwell said:
Your're brave putting yourself out in the open like that, Kitty. :smiley:

I am too a Wiccan. Though I can't readily practice magick cuz my mom thinks it's totally Satanic (laughs at mom). I celebrate all the major Sabbats (it's almost Yule!) and am always learning more about Wicca.

[post="1080473"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Thanks Katrina! To quote Will Smith, "Sometimes parents just don't understand." lol :lol: Yule! I celebrate them too.

toria55 said:
Why be a Wicca?
Why do spell magic, magick?
What do you mean by casting a spell?
Do Wiccas whorship or honor any being?
[post="1080532"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

If you want to be a witch, you just kind of learn about it, and if you feel it's the path you want to follow, then so be it. I can't explain anybody else's reason for becoming a Wiccan other than my own, but mine is because I just agreed with what Wicca is all about more than any other religion.

Magick is spelled that way just to distinguish it from magic (as in what you might see in Las Vegas or see at a children's magic show. No pulling rabbits out of hats here.)

Casting a spell means kind of doing a sort of ceremony thing and you do/use whatever is required for that spell.

We worship the All, which is in everything around us. There are two equal parts of the All, male and female. They are the God and Goddess. There is no specific picture of them though.

Thanks for all of the questions you guys! It really was fun answering them! If you have any more questions please fell free to ask! (y)

Kat, I did not know you ever practiced or was into witchcraft ;)

Well about two hours I was going to get off and watch Harry Potter (no offense if any was taken) because I bought the third movie to watch. Then I came here and I was still intrigued by this, and seeing you can find anything on google ( ^_^ ) I typed in Wicca, and it showed different sites...Seeing as some things you had said
AdrenalynKittie, had seemed to be seen there. I read up on things on grounding (I believe that was what it was called) Shielding, Meditating, Elements, Powers (which people were continuingly asking the others in the thread why it would matter to have power), and the backround on Wicca, and surprisingly energy balls (which I know from Charmed ^_^ )

I saw that they spelled magic and magical like magick and magickal, and they also believed in the All, and most people began their posts with Merry Meet, and end with Merry Part, or Blessed Be. I found that they went by what element they were by using their signs (like Leo, Capricorn, etc.) to determine their element. I am unsurpringly (at least to me) fire. It was a very interesting 2-hour read though my eyes now tire of looking at little posts and words :lol:

(No Laughing) I attempted meditating, and releasing my mind at thoughts, and (at least it's funny to me) I succeeded in clearing my mind for five minutes, until, as I sat there, I kept thinking, 'Wow, I haven't had a thought in my mind for a few minutes :lol: ' I really need to work on concentrating ^_^ But it was very interesting to see, and I heard of something else like ereiki or enreiki (something around there that I do not remember) but it was all very interesting.

(Finally) To my question: So the Book of Shadows is actually something real and not fictional? (I watch Charmed every Sunday @ 8 :D )

Are energy balls really real? (I read they were your energy that you focused in a certain spot, then rub your hands together and believe you are creating a ball with your energy, and you can pass it to someone, and they can feel your energy. But it is not meant to hurt anyone.)

It's really amazing what you can find on google :lol: :laughbounce:

I've been interested in Wicca since middle school (i'm in HS now), & I've always thought it was interesting.

But, I remember once, I was reading this book about Wicca, & this girl saw me & freaked out. Seriously. She was going on & on about how her religion & mom is against it & blah blah blah. Whatever. :D

It's auctually a very peaceful religion. I don't know what that girl was thinking.

--jenn :juggle:

Thank you for responding to my questions. But, I don't know if you really answered the questions.

Q:Why be a Wicca?
A: If you want to be a witch, you just kind of learn about it, and if you feel it's the path you want to follow, then so be it.
This didn't tell me why a person would be Wicca, you made a statement about being a witch. So my question to that would be, why be a witch?

Q: Why do spell magic, magick?
A: Magick is spelled that way just to distinguish it from magic (as in what you might see in Las Vegas or see at a children's magic show. No pulling rabbits out of hats here.)
That was an answer.

Q: What do you mean by casting a spell?
A: Casting a spell means kind of doing a sort of ceremony thing and you do/use whatever is required for that spell.
This is how you cast a spell. It does not tell me what a casted spell is.

Q: Do Wiccas whorship or honor any being?
A: We worship the All, which is in everything around us. There are two equal parts of the All, male and female. They are the God and Goddess. There is no specific picture of them though.
What is the All?

Alias_Addict47 said:
Kat, I did not know you ever practiced or was into witchcraft  ;)

Well about two hours I was going to get off and watch Harry Potter (no offense if any was taken) because I bought the third movie to watch. Then I came here and I was still intrigued by this, and seeing you can find anything on google ( ^_^ ) I typed in Wicca, and it showed different sites...Seeing as some things you had said
AdrenalynKittie, had seemed to be seen there. I read up on things on grounding (I believe that was what it was called) Shielding, Meditating, Elements, Powers (which people were continuingly asking the others in the thread why it would matter to have power), and the backround on Wicca, and surprisingly energy balls (which I know from Charmed  ^_^ )

I saw that they spelled magic and magical like magick and magickal, and they also believed in the All, and most people began their posts with Merry Meet, and end with Merry Part, or Blessed Be. I found that they went by what element they were by using their signs (like Leo, Capricorn, etc.) to determine their element. I am unsurpringly (at least to me) fire. It was a very interesting 2-hour read though my eyes now tire of looking at little posts and words  :lol: 

(No Laughing) I attempted meditating, and releasing my mind at thoughts, and (at least it's funny to me) I succeeded in clearing my mind for five minutes, until, as I sat there, I kept thinking, 'Wow, I haven't had a thought in my mind for a few minutes  :lol: ' I really need to work on concentrating  ^_^ But it was very interesting to see, and I heard of something else like ereiki or enreiki (something around there that I do not remember) but it was all very interesting.

(Finally) To my question: So the Book of Shadows is actually something real and not fictional? (I watch Charmed every Sunday @ 8  :D )

Are energy balls really real? (I read they were your energy that you focused in a certain spot, then rub your hands together and believe you are creating a ball with your energy, and you can pass it to someone, and they can feel your energy. But it is not meant to hurt anyone.)

It's really amazing what you can find on google  :lol: :laughbounce:
[post="1080788"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
LoL, no offense about Harry Potter is taken (I enjoy Harry Potter and the occational Sabrina the Teenage Witch)

Yes, the Book of Shadows is a real thing, and every witch should have one so that they can know and look back at the spells they did in the past. Intersestingly enough, I have never watched Charmed, but my ex-friend Amy does..or did..I dunno

I don't think I've ever done/read about energy balls, but nobody can know everything, so I'm pretty sure they are real.

Isn't Google great? LoL
VaughnFan13 said:
I've been interested in Wicca since middle school (i'm in HS now), & I've always thought it was interesting.

But, I remember once, I was reading this book about Wicca, & this girl saw me & freaked out. Seriously. She was going on & on about how her religion & mom is against it & blah blah blah. Whatever.  :D

It's auctually a very peaceful religion. I don't know what that girl was thinking.

--jenn :juggle:
[post="1081177"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I became interested in Wicca when I was in middle school also! And I am also now in High School.

LoL, I have encountered one person like that. He just wouldn't leave me alone. :confused:

Yes, Wicca is actually very peaceful, and people for some reason think that witches are all evil and Satanic and whatnot. I think it's really silly to think like that.

Thanks for the questions!

(oh, and BTW, I don't end my posts with Blessed Be because I don't think that would be too much of an appropriate thing at this message board, so I don't feel like pushing people to read any of my religion if they don't want to. Some people are weird about things and if I ended with Blessed Be or started with Merry Meet they might be like "WITCH!" and go on a rampage. I can just see it now, a thread called "Christians Against AdrenalynKittie". So I don't want to cause trouble...It makes sense to me lol.)

toria55 said:
Thank you for responding to my questions.  But, I don't know if you really answered the questions.

This didn't tell me why a person would be Wicca, you made a statement about being a witch.  So my question to that would be, why be a witch?

That was an answer.

This is how you cast a spell.  It does not tell me what a casted spell is.

What is the All?
[post="1081193"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Sorry, I thought I had answered. I try to answer my best again lol.

You be a witch because you want to believe that there is a spirit that is all around us and in everything. And you believe that (if you want to) you can do magick, and basically you just believe in what Wiccans believe in. I don't know what else to say, I'm sorry. I tried my best. Maybe you can do what Alias_Addict47 did and look it up on Google.

A casted spell is a thing you do to help yourself or someone else, if that person wants your help.

The All is a spirit that is all around us and in everything. You can put a face on the All, and you can choose any deity to work with, from any other beliefs or religions. You can work with the deities Jupiter and Juno, or even aspects of Jesus, with the understanding that he and all other deities are facets of the All. Did that help?

I hope that I answered your questions better this time. Don't hesitate to ask more!
:smiley: ;)

Are you a member of a coven, AdrenalynKittie? Do you have to be a certain age?
I know/know of a few people who are wiccans/ex-wiccans. I don't really know that much about it though, so this is a cool thread...(y)
"Christians Against AdrenalynKittie"
Gee, I've been looking at this screen too long...I read that as 'Christmas Against AdrenalynKittie'!!! *Pummles eyes*
Jai

nancee said:
so if you woship the all, was the all made up? or is the all nature?
[post="1081414"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, the All is more than just nature, but I don't know how to answer this question.
Alright, I just looked in this book I have, and this is what it says: "Before people, before the creation of Earth, there was the All. The All existed in knowing, stillness, and silence. The All, a female spirit, was alone. She created her other half, the male spirit. They intertwined. Even though there were now two spirits, they were still one. They become the two halfs of the whole. And together they gave birth to the universe. Then they made the solar systems, stars, moons, and planets. On Earth, they made water and land, the plants and animals, and humans.

The All is both male and female. No one part is better than the other part. The two parts are twin and of equal form. From their union came the seeds of life. The God and Goddess chose physical symbols to remind us of their presence. The Goddess chose the Moon, radiant and calm, yet changeable. The God chose the Sun, fiery and bright. These celestial bodies remind us of the God and Goddess."

That is exactly what my book, Wicca and Witchcraft, says, word for word (Unless I missed one, lol :lol: ). Hope that helps.

m<o>j said:
Are you a member of a coven, AdrenalynKittie? Do you have to be a certain age?
I know/know of a few people who are wiccans/ex-wiccans. I don't really know that much about it though, so this is a cool thread...(y)

Gee, I've been looking at this screen too long...I read that as 'Christmas Against AdrenalynKittie'!!!  *Pummles eyes*
Jai
[post="1081768"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Nope, I am not a member of a coven, I am what is known as a solitary witch. I have not joined a coven because I wouldn't know where to look! I haven't heard of any in my area.

You don't hae to be a certain age or a certain gender. You could be female and two, or male and 102 and still be Wiccan. I am female and 14, and here I am, a Wiccan!

I actually don't know too many Wiccans, I live in a mostly Christian area.

"Christmas against AdrenalynKittie"...lol! I actually celebrate the Esbats and Sabbats (witch "holidays" I guess) AND Christmas and Easter and other Christian-related holidays. I do this because basically, my family is ALL Christian(or Catholic), with the exception of a few.

Thanks once again for the questions!

:D ;)

If you have a metaphysical store near you, you could probably find a coven near you by asking. I believe Witches Vox lists covens too, by region and if it is teen friendly.

I know that a specific coven in my area will not take minors without parental permission. No, I am not pagan or a Wiccan but a very good friend of mine is and I am familiar with her coven.

NoVeil said:
If you have a metaphysical store near you, you could probably find a coven near you by asking.  I believe Witches Vox lists covens too, by region and if it is teen friendly. 

I know that a specific coven in my area will not take minors without parental permission.  No, I am not pagan or a Wiccan but a very good friend of mine is and I am familiar with her coven.
[post="1081928"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thanks, and I heard that some covens wont take minors without parental consent, but my parents wouldn't mind.
^_^

AdrenalynKittie, I've read your answers, and I have to say that you still haven't told me what draws you to this particular cult. Why is this important or real to you?

What you described sounds an awful lot like the flower children of the 60's. They believed in mother earth and love and peace. They just didn't wear black or cast spells. I won't even get into the spell casting stuff, except to tell you that you can't 'cast a spell' on anyone. No one can.

"Before people, before the creation of Earth, there was the All. The All existed in knowing, stillness, and silence. The All, a female spirit, was alone. She created her other half, the male spirit.
Who figured this out? When did they figure it out? 25 years ago? Do you really want to go though life believing something that someone made up 25 years ago? Why did it take thousands of years for this one person to discover this great mystery, 25 years ago? Again, I really need to know who this brilliant person is. Is it the person who wrote your book? I wonder how much money she has made off the book.

Back