Wicked - Awesome Broadway Show!

This show is awesome! I'll be honest I haven't seen it yet but I have the entire soundtrack memorized! Lol. Has anyone seen it? If you have please post adn tell me if it was good?!

YES YES YES I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its litterally the greatest show i've ever seen. I saw it way back in november when it first opened and it was exclent. Kristen Chenoweth is amazing as is Idina Menzel (who just won the Tony award for her performance!)
You will love it!

you can get it anywhere really. online either ozdust boutique on the site or amazon or at a store either barnes and nobles or borders. Borders has nice selection of original cast recordings.

onto wicked!
I have wanted to see this musical since i first heard of it when it was premeiering in cali! finaly got the cd in winter and have been trying to get to nyc to see it( parents and their rules!!!!) and am FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY! going to see it this weekend! i will be back with details!

i just wish i lived closer to nyc so i could see a show every week!

hm see i didnt like the book at all
i couldnt even finish it
the beginning was ok but then it just got bad...
ah well but i loved the musical beyond words - it totally sucks now tho that kristen chennoweth(sp?) isnt doing it anymore - she was the best glinda!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it doesnt suck now that she isnt in it! *its Chenoweth! :smiley: One n but you got the weth part, most people mess that up first! ;)

Jennifer Laura Thompson, who is now Galinda, I am sure and have heard from many accounts, is making Galinda her own and has every right to be there! I have also heard that the show is still good! How can it not be?! Idina is still there, still same score, lyrics and book?! :blink:

I am a devoted Cheno fan! I am in her fanclubs. So i would be most biased before many and I really can not wait to see JLT in Wicked. Yes i will be subjecting her to my critical eye and thinking...."Cheno did that better" but JLT is an actress and a very good one at that! She has admitted she will not even try to attempt the skyhigh notes Cheno can dispense whenever she feels like it! I give her credit because only a handful of people can hit those notes and JLT is being honest and has said no one can replace her. Being a replacement in the show, does not mean trying to fill the originals shoes but making it your own and staying true to character in order to keep the show long running. Any long running show was only in part due to original cast, its up to the replacement casts to keep shows such as Rent, Les Mis, and Phantom running!

And if someone is a fan of the show, they should be no matter who is in it! I was fortunate enough to see Cheno in it(agreed AMAZING!!!!!) but i hope i am fortunate to see it again because the show is worth seeing twice, no matter who is in it. Although i would and others would as well prefer seeing Cheno in it.

But please do not judge the new cast without ever seeing it! Big peeve of mine!

~okay sorry for that little tirade, thank you for reading if you did! Its just something that bothers me and i have seen and heard that same remark too many times on Wicked and Cheno boards and that needed to come out of my mind! ;)

Yea I don't like when people do that either. I don't like when people do that or when people judge actors from the part thay are playing. Like when Melissa George first walked down the red carpet and got booed by Alias fans. That was terrible! It is sort of similar? I'm just saying that I fully agree with you because being an actress myself that bothers me as well.

Well I actually have tickets booked now! Im going to see it on January 26 but guess what? Idina Menzel leaves the cast on January 2nd! I cried when I found out! Im sooo devasted but I'm sure it will be good still......hopefully.

so the show is called wicked? Lol I read the title and just thought you were using the nor'eastern expression that I use so very often :lol:

MeganGarnerBristow said:
Well I actually have tickets booked now! Im going to see it on January 26 but guess what? Idina Menzel leaves the cast on January 2nd! I cried when I found out! Im sooo devasted but I'm sure it will be good still......hopefully.
[post="1055833"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:blink: All I can saaaaay is (mind my french) DAMN! I just got the wicked soundtrack to ween off of 42nd...and well it's really great...and I was planning to spent all Regents Week (since I don't have to take any) at Gershwin...for the yummy rush tickets (I figure I'd have to get it eventually...if Mel and I spend all week there...and there wouldn't be a holiday mob at the end of Jan.)...since all I have to do is hop on the 7 for 20 minutes...o_0 but I feel in love with Idina's vocals...and she use to be Maureen on RENT! (y) Ack...who's replacing her?

42nd Street closes on Jan 2nd. -_- (Though quite honestly I like the current cast vs. the 2001 cast) A great xmas present...I saw it on the 25th and I was like shizzle!

I still remember being really slow about finding about wicked...I'm like this is an interesting line urban decay has at sephora...and then well the brownies at chelsea market...and then I was like :confused:...then it was like DUH!

I'm still tramatized about little shop of horrors...that was the only show off hand that I wanted to watch...like right before it closed. :rolleyes: no joey fatone or talking plant for me. :(

My fave songs...Popular...obviously...and Defying Gravity...and for good.

Idina broke a rib during Saturday's show...that I tried to get tickets to!

'Wicked' Star Menzel Injured in Stage Fall

NEW YORK - Idina Menzel, the Tony-winning star of "Wicked," fell through a trap door during the Saturday matinee of the Broadway musical and cracked a lower rib.

The show, a prequel to "The Wizard of Oz," was halted for about 45 minutes while Menzel's understudy, Shoshana Bean, prepared to go on as the green-skinned Elphaba, according to Bob Fennell, a spokesman for the musical.

Bean also played the Saturday evening performance and was scheduled for the Sunday matinee, which was to have been Menzel's last performance after a more than 16-month run in the show.

The accident occurred near the end of the performance at the Gershwin Theatre, during what's known as "the melting sequence," Fennell said Sunday. During the scene, a trap door opens and an elevator that was to have lowered Menzel had already partially descended, according to the spokesman, causing the actress to fall and hurt her side.

"Wicked," based on Gregory Maguire's cult novel, tells the story of two young witches-to-be, one green and brooding, played by Menzel, and the other blond and bubbly, portrayed by Jennifer Laura Thompson.

With a score by Stephen Schwartz and a book by Winnie Holzman, "Wicked" has been one of Broadway's biggest success stories. In December, the lavish musical recouped its $14 million production costs, 14 months after opening at the Gershwin.

Bean originally was to have assumed the role of Elphaba next Tuesday.

Menzel, who won the 2004 actress-musical Tony for her performance, shortly begins filming the movie version of "Rent," in which she will recreate the role of Maureen, the part she played in the original Broadway production alongside her husband, actor Taye Diggs.

Source: http://kevxml2adsl.verizon.net/_1_2CNSTO10...=&feed=ap&top=1

Back