Wicked - Awesome Broadway Show!

YAY! Finally more Wicked fans! I haven't been online in forever! So of course had to visit the performing arts section, my home! :smiley:

Yes Marlene you were slow! Sorry but the truth! At least you realize it! Too bad you didnt find out sooner, ie in the summer! Although Idina was amazing as Elphaba(truly astounding and deserving of a tony any year!) I loved Kristin Chenoweth(have been a fan for years so was tres excited to see her in this role!) She in my O-pinion brought life to the show and was trully brillant to see bringing Glinda(the ga is silent) to life. I mean the woman can hit a high E and sustain it for over 8 beats live in the middle of a show! :jaw drop:

I have seen it twice, both times with Menzel. The second time it was good, but the only thing that kept it Wicked was Menzel. She became more powerful and almost given free reign, like here is Menzel, no one else to rival the leading spot. I saw the understudy for JLT, so I think that had something to do with it. I was also excited to see that Menzel tried new things with songs and ornamentations that really suited her voice better!

And i know about the accident! Isn't that horrible??! I am so glad she will be alright. I heard about it that night through a newsletter! How horrifying would that have been there and seen her fall like that?! :( Thank God she is alright!

Megan! OOO enjoy Wicked!

Since Wicked fans, and presuming, Cheno fans, did anyone else watch Candide this evening?! :blink: I love her in this role of Cunegonde! It aired on the radio in September, and finally on Great Performances. I am just hoping for a cd now, so I dont have to keep the video running so I can hear it all the time! Plus! I get to see her perform Sunday! EEE!I will bring details! she is going to be singing For Good, solo obviously!

Ok so everything awesome you hear about Wicked, multiply it by a thousand and that is how awesome it is! It was the best night of my life! Not just becasue of the show but becasue the most important person in my life was there to share it with me: my sister. But anywayz, teh costumes are fabulous, the set is astounding, the actors/actresses are amazing! It was the best thing I have ever seen in my life! I had 5th row seats and could see the spit coming out the actors mouths it was awesome! Wow yea, so I encourage everyone to see it!

I saw it today...with Shoshana and Jennifer...it was FANTASTIC...though honestly there are no words to describe it.

Well... Vicki's overenthusiasm ( ;) ) made me curious... so I got bored one day and decided to buy the Wicked soundtrack via iTunes... and voila. I am now in love.

Perfect timing for me, too, 'cause it's coming to Chicago in the spring. And I am going to go. I am bound and determined.

And I had completely forgotten that Menzel is going to be in the Rent movie... now I'm even more excited about it.

It is an amazing show, seccond onlt to Rent. I saw it about 1 year ago, loved everything about it. I got to meet Kristin Chenowith after, really cool (btw, original glinda). Sooooo amazing!!!

I was in NYC when it kinda first opened and I didn't know what it was about and my mom and I walked right past the theater it was in about 10 times and didn't go see it......I just read the book and am kicking myself now for not going to see it!!!!!! but I think I'm gonna buy the soundtrack to make myself feel better lol

oooooomg i LOVE wicked...i am in LOVE with it! i listen to the original cast soundtrack all the time...and i think i will get to go see it in august, only sadly, with the new cast :( but yes, that is the most amazing musical/book/story/everything!

beth! 🍦

I wish I could have seen Kristin in Wicked. But I'm not in New York. I didn't even know about Wicked during that time.
But! Good news! The tour is going to be in St. Louis this November/December so I will see it then. And I couldn't be happier. ;)

SkyGirl5 said:
wicked is FABULOUS
but nothing beats seing it with kristin & idina :D
i saw it like a week after it opened :D
[post="1190920"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Scarlet Crystal said:
i saw it early on too! too bad they btoh aren't doing any more... -_-
[post="1217859"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Slaoneaholic said:
It is an amazing show, seccond onlt to Rent. I saw it about 1 year ago, loved everything about it. I got to meet Kristin Chenowith after, really cool (btw, original glinda). Sooooo amazing!!!
[post="1319144"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm so jealous of all of you!! Aaah. I've been wanting to see Wicked since it opened nearly 2 years ago, and I just went to New York City for the first time in June. The group I went with tried to get tickets (at my prodding: "we are not going to new york city and not seeing wicked!") but the tickets were sold out for the next 6 months! What is that?? Aah. Anywho, I have the soundtrack (and the Maguire novel, which is quite odd) and I wish so terribly I could have seen it with Kristin and Idina. The tour is coming to a city about 6 hours from me in February, but I'm not sure if I want to go ahead and see it on tour because Broadway would be so much better. But, who knows. We'll see. Hopefully it will be playing for a while on Broadway and I can have another chance to see it sometime.

By the way, Kristin is fabulous in Bewitched! :smiley:

Do see it if it's on tour...presumably with Stephanie Block. I hear she is awesome, and the role was originally written for her! (But she's been out the last few weeks if I'm not mistaken.)

You should have tried the lottery Gigi...2.5 hours before the show in front of Gershwin. It's a madhouse, but I've won before with a bit of luck. It would be wonderful if I won in the near future...or when Shoshana Bean is out...I've always wanted to see Saycon...and the new Galinda is adorable. MEGAN HITLY!

OMG!!!!! I want to see it SO MUCH!!!!

I am an aussie, so i cant see it :( but i have the soundtrack and of course i know it off by heart - IDINA MENZEL IS SO TOTALLY MY IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, i would kill for her voice. Or not seriously, cuz i couldn't kill anyone.

Anyway, so i read the book - its fantastic. Seriously, Gregory Maguire is a freaking genius. Its a lot different to what i had expected, but after i got over the initial shock and read it a few more times, its brilliant.

Sigh. Damn aussieland.

I hope it comes here when im like 20, so instead of seeing it, i will play Elphaba!!!

Totally my dream come true ... touch wood!

Ciao, all.

Liz.

Back