Wii Discussion - Moved from Referrals Forum

Zink

Cadet
[ADMIN] - Moved these posts from Referrals forum. Added this quote for reference. - Navarre
WatchMaker said:
Bah, this is one race [number of referrals] I may lose. All my friends are console junkies, and with the new ones out, I don't expect them to take their hands off the controllers long enough to check HH out, let alone start an account.

They all playing Wii? I don't like it much but everyone else is in love with it. Not a lazy person console. I want to sit back and use my joysticks and X button to do the talking.

Is it worth moving around for? I much prefer the couch to swinging my sword and doing 360's, and I'm not about to play with a TV remote shaped thing.#-o

Long live Billy!

bill_gates.jpg

Zink said:
Well, at least the Wii isn't the 360. I would buy 3 Wiis if it saved be from getting a 360 I hate Xbox.

Just wondering whats so bad about the 360? IMO anyway its not a half bad system. Looks good, loading times aren't all that bad. But true the wii does get you more involved with playing the game but at a graphical price.

Well the 360 is a wonderful system. All three systems are great to be honest. For some reason however Microsoft is bad >< We wont get into any discussions about that though :smiley:

Of the three however, I would say the 360 is the least innovative...

Without Microsoft we'd have never progressed pass the 80's. So be thankful for MS this or that!
You do NOT have to jump behind couches to enjoy the Wii. The Wiimote acts like any other controller on top of that you can use a GameCube controller, the controller classic, or any of the other controllers coming out to fit your play style.
Also there's no shortage of Wii's, constant supply coming in. It's just not every store can sell 500 of them at once.
On top of that.. ZELDA! Sure it's on the gamecube too, but it's already launched on the Wii.

Some market numbers coming up:

First week of Wii (Nintendo released these numbers)
+600 000 sold.
+454 000 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess sold

More interesting is to put this together with other consoles (release month in brackets), numbers are sold consoles first month after release:
Gamecube - 647 466 (Nov)
Playstation 2 - 391 245 (Oct)
Xbox - 711 619 (Nov)
Xbox 360 - 325 902 (Nov)

I must say Wii got a pretty good start :O
I guess graphics aint all...

no wii for me, thx. At least not yet. What I like to do with console games is stay about 2 years behind the loop, so I end up spending less money.

I bought a Wii the day after Thanksgiving.

It's incredibly fun. I don't think there will be much jumping around necessary for most games. I can just lay down or sit when I play Zelda.

HJ-Diviana said:
I bought a Wii the day after Thanksgiving.

It's incredibly fun. I don't think there will be much jumping around necessary for most games. I can just lay down or sit when I play Zelda.

So no need to fly around in the living room as a ninja on speed?
..I wanna play Zelda too..

oh... btw Diviana!? Shouldn't you finish HJ first, and play Zelda later? *grins*

The Wii is freakin sweet! The play mechanics for Wii Sports is near perfect. I finally found a game yet alone a system that my girlfriend would actually play.
She beats me in bowling every time....pretty sad but ohwell.
And of course Zelda is incredible.
One problem is no online play yet. The Mii's got boring really quick too.

Back